Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 801 to 820 of 951

turtlelink

So you really liked it huh Adam? I haven't really gotten to far into but I should... A Link to the Past was my first Zelda game so it's kind of like a huge nostalgic blast, lol.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Adam

Link to the Past was the first Zelda I completed. I am hugely nostalgic for it even though it is way too easy to enjoy half as much as I once did. This one reminds me so much of that game while bringing a lot of new ideas and being at mostly just the right difficulty, particularly since I didn't know which dungeon had the upgraded armor and played without it most of the game.

I intended to take my time with it and alternate playing Zelda and Mario, but I couldn't stop playing Zelda most of the time (while the new Mario starts off super slow), so I finished it in a week-ish, which is something I don't do much anymore.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

BSlyGamerGuy

I finally beat A Link Between Worlds and I've got to say that it was an amazing experience and a game that I really loved to explore and kill time in. I started it upon launch and it took me a month due to just roaming around and searching every nook and cranny, but I also got stuck in a few parts as well and had to find my way through trial and error. I had a blast though and plan on replaying it over the next several weeks as I wait on Bravely Default!

Check me out on Twitter - @BSlyTheGamerGuy
Check out http://BslyTheGamerGuy.Tumblr.com Updated 1/11/14 SUPER MARIO review for the NES!

Twitter:

crazycrazydave

A fantastic game. Has everything I could ever want in a Zelda title gameplay wise except for one. The dungeons are too easy and small. If they expand upon some of the concepts such as having more items needed to beat some of the dungeons, then I can't wait to see what they'll come up with next.

We're going on a bear hunt! We're going to catch a big one!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4881-6959
Super Mario Maker levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/crazycrazydave?type=posted

Guovssohas

A fantastic game. Looks really great, fantastic music and gameplay.

But the dungeons are too easy imo, way too easy puzzles. I actually played through Link's Awakening for the first time right before ALBW arrived and the dungeons in that game were much more challenging and confusing. That's the way it should always be.

Sadly this seems to be the norm in any genre these days, dumbing down the games.

Guovssohas

sugarpixel

So I found all seven sages! ...it seems, though, that finding a way into the dungeons was always harder than the dungeons themselves...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

CM30

To be fair, I think the supposed lack of difficulty merely comes from dungeons being quite short and straight forward in layout than anything else. I mean, I played the Oracle games a few days ago, and the only challenges there seemed to come from getting lost in dungeons and taking damage from the respawning enemies as I desperately tried to find my footing again.

But hey, it's a fun game. Better to have a fun game which is fairly easy than an annoying game which is extremely difficult.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

sugarpixel

@CM30: I think the ideal, though, would be a really fun game that gives a good degree of difficulty...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@Gioku - A game doesn't have to be hard to be fun, though. Right? I mean the difficulty increased a bit as the game progressed to a certain extent, and if it's not hard enough for ya... GO GO HERO MODE!

I finished this game a couple of days ago and had an awesome time. Normally, I struggle to play to find everything in a Zelda game - OoT, WW, SS, TP; beaten them but was always missing something (mostly Heart Pieces). A Link Between Worlds is the first Zelda game I've ever 100%'ed. I couldn't be bothered to find everything in other Zelda games because it felt like a chore to me, but that wasn't a problem here as the game was simple enough in that regard. I was proud to find everything for once.

So yeah, it may be a bit easier than other Zeldas but I loved it because of the accessibility and slight simplicity. Also, the music!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Joetherocker

First Zelda I've gotten everything in, mostly because I just loved exploring Hyrule and it wasn't so big that it felt tedious without looking things up. I'm pretty sure it's my third favorite Zelda, with Majora's Mask and Wind Waker in the first and second place spots. I don't particularly care about ease, since none of the post-NES Zeldas I've played have been particularly hard to me (Except for some parts of Link's Awakening and my first time in the water temple) and the game was ridiculously fun anyway, which is all I really care about.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

GamecubeMan

I really other thought the process of getting the Pegasus Boots.... at one point I jumped off the ledge facing the "Shady Guy" with a Cucco for a good ten minutes.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Jani-Koblaney

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Gioku - A game doesn't have to be hard to be fun, though. Right? I mean the difficulty increased a bit as the game progressed to a certain extent, and if it's not hard enough for ya... GO GO HERO MODE!

But the thing is, you have to beat it in regular difficulty before you get hero mode. By the time I've done that, I don't feel like replaying the same game.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Spoony_Tech

I actually got a streetpass for this game today?? I mean ive had shadow Links in the game before but never a green light for the game. That's a first for me!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

@WTV_94 - Fair enough. I've beaten the game and put it back in its game case for now, but you had fun with it, right? Maybe one day, weeks or even months from now, you will feel like playing the game again. And when you do, you can play Hero Mode. That's my intention.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Knux

Just ordered this game off of Amazon, and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Knux

Tasuki

Yeah!!!!! Beat the ice dungeon which wasn't too bad except for the ice physics getting annoying but I didn't die in it which is a plus. Only thing is though I can see a pillar with a crack in it the kind you use to go back and forth between the two worlds outside of the ice dungeon just to the northwest but I can't see anyway to get to it. Anyone know how to get to it?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Yeah!!!!! Beat the ice dungeon which wasn't too bad except for the ice physics getting annoying but I didn't die in it which is a plus. Only thing is though I can see a pillar with a crack in it the kind you use to go back and forth between the two worlds outside of the ice dungeon just to the northwest but I can't see anyway to get to it. Anyone know how to get to it?

You need to find a way to get there through Hyrule.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

You need to find a way to get there through Hyrule.

Ah ok looks like I have a bit of exploring to do.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tsuchinoko

Can i just say really quickly how charming and well arranged the music is? I just started the game (since we got it late in japan), and as soon as i started it i was hooked. I like this acoustic guitar, pseudo-folk theme that a lot of the music has.

I think with just one or two exceptions (looking at you super mario 3d land) the music for recent 3ds games has been amazing.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

sugarpixel

OK a few questions:
So, I've gotten quite a few StreetPasses for this game, and the Shadow Links have had some "enhancements" that I have not yet found:

• A few have had items that are very similar to mine but do extra things; like one of them had an Ice Rod that hits nine tiles at once... how does one upgrade items...? Do I maybe have to but them all...?
  • ALL of the Shadow Links I've gotten have had two items equipped... how do I do that?
  • One of them had an item I've never seen... it looked like some kind of yellow fruit and acted like a "flash bomb" sort of thing as far as I could tell...

...I am awful when it comes to exploring in these sort of games, so... please forgive me if I missed something obvious!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.