Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 970

sugarpixel

@DreamyViridi: Yep, I made it all the way to the Master Sword without any issues at all really - it gets quite a bit trickier after that so be prepared!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda? I cleared all the dungeons without help... I couldn't figure out how to get the pegasus boots though also @Gioku visit the fortune teller and you should get a pair of glasses which allows you to get hints with play coins!

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Klimbatize

Metroidlink wrote:

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda?

This is a very easy Zelda if you've played any other Zelda before.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Ralizah

Klimbatize wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda?

This is a very easy Zelda if you've played any other Zelda before.

That's what I was thinking. This game has been really easy so far. Only the Dark Palace segment has been on par, difficulty-wise, with what I've come to expect from a Zelda title. And that's only in terms of the puzzles. The fights are all ridiculously easy, and even though I don't usually carry potions around, I've yet to die once.

Gorgeous game, though, and loads of fun. The lack of frustration has made for some smooth sailing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

sugarpixel

I've hit some major frustration in the Thieves' Hideout as I was going on about earlier, hahaha.
I need to go try out some other dungeons still.
There's so much to do, I can't let this one dungeon get me down.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

TotodileFTW

I just ordered it from amazon today i couldn't wait 5 days to get it so i choice the 2 day shipping option lol totally worth the extra money!

Proud owner of a Black 3DS XL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Check out my youtube channel @TotodileFTW for Cod Ghost Wii U Multiplayer Gameplay, unboxings and reviews of the latest 3DS and Wii U games!
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3969-5589-3089 | Nintendo Network ID: TotodileFTW

HappyHappyist

one of the things about this game is that it's about the adventure, and the past zelda games have been more combat focused. OoT had the Z-Targetting, WW had the perry system, TP had those unlockable moves, SS had motion controlled attacks, the DS games had stylus combat. this is truly the latest "pure" zelda game since the oracle games.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

ChronoPower

I really liked this game- it is actually the first zelda game I have beaten (even after 2 years and 50 hours in ocarina of time lol).
Normally I hate dungeons but dungeons were not a chore to me in this game, they were actually kind of fun.
More towns/people would have been cool.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Insert favorite Movie/ Video Game quote here
Insert Batman quote here

3DS Friend Code: 1204-0016-8359

Stu13

At the beginning of my game I found a cave in Hyrule that had a pathway blocked by a fire wall right at the entrance. I didn't have any way to get through at the time but now that I do, I cannot seem to locate it again. Help?

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

sugarpixel

Hahaha, so I'm back on track; I figured out that, once you place a bomb, you can pick it/carry it around/throw it by pressing A... sheesh! This seems to be a regular problem for me with Zelda games - I got stuck for three months in the OoT 3D Master Quest because I didn't know you could break crates by somersaulting into them... and I beat the entire regular game without ever knowing that, lol.

Edited on by sugarpixel

Happy_Mask

@Gioku When unable to advance in a Zelda game, review all available gameplay elements, whether they be and item, or even something like rolling or sidling. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

sugarpixel

@Wonder_Mask: Well the thing is, there's always just that one little thing I can't figure out, and then once I do it's smooth sailing from then on - this time it was picking up bombs (thank goodness I only got stuck for a day instead of months), and in OoT 3D Master Quest it was somersaulting to break crates... I had thought the only way to break crates was with bombs...! And then I watched a walkthrough to see what I had missed/done wrong, and the guy did everything I had done, and when he made it to where I was at he somersaulted into the crate... and I was shocked!
I breezed my way through the rest of the game after that, though... though I did feel kinda silly.

Happy_Mask

It took me about a half hour to figure out the wallmaster puzzles, but that was really all that gave me trouble. ._." Also, what do the Hint Glasses do?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Sargon

I have never played A Link to the Past before. Should I play it before playing A Link Between Worlds? If so, I will need to wait for it to become available on the Wii U Virtual Console, which hopefully will be soon.

Sargon

sugarpixel

@Sargon: I never played ALTTP and it hasn't affected my enjoyment of this game at all.
In fact, there's a lot of stuff from Ocarina of Time in this game, too, like Kakariko Village and Death Mountain and Zora's Domain (Although the Zora don't look like they do in OoT). My guess is that if you've ever played any Zelda game before this, you'll have a good time! ...you can probably still enjoy it just fine even if this is your first Zelda game too, haha!

Sargon

Gioku wrote:

@Sargon: In fact, there's a lot of stuff from Ocarina of Time in this game, too

I haven't played that one either. Blasphemy, I know, but all I have played is Zelda 1 and 2, part of Twilight Princess, and now I'm working on Windwaker HD.

Sargon

Tasuki

@Sargon: If you have a Wii U you can get A Link to the Past on the Wii VC through Wii Mode. Then when it comes to Wii U you will just have to pay a bit to upgrade it.

With that said this game can still be enjoyed without playing ALttP.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sargon

Tasuki wrote:

@Sargon: If you have a Wii U you can get A Link to the Past on the Wii VC through Wii Mode. Then when it comes to Wii U you will just have to pay a bit to upgrade it.

With that said this game can still be enjoyed without playing ALttP.

My only problem with that is my Wii U is connected to my primary TV, which means I can often only use it for off-TV play and it would be difficult to dedicate much time to a game in Wii mode. I think what I will do is if ALttP is available on Wii U by the time I finish Windwaker, I will go ahead and play it first, but if not I'm not going to let that hold me up and will jump straight into ALBW. since the consensus seems to be that won't be a problem. Thanks!

Sargon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic