Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 951

Happy_Mask

@Gioku When unable to advance in a Zelda game, review all available gameplay elements, whether they be and item, or even something like rolling or sidling. :3

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

sugarpixel

@Wonder_Mask: Well the thing is, there's always just that one little thing I can't figure out, and then once I do it's smooth sailing from then on - this time it was picking up bombs (thank goodness I only got stuck for a day instead of months), and in OoT 3D Master Quest it was somersaulting to break crates... I had thought the only way to break crates was with bombs...! And then I watched a walkthrough to see what I had missed/done wrong, and the guy did everything I had done, and when he made it to where I was at he somersaulted into the crate... and I was shocked!
I breezed my way through the rest of the game after that, though... though I did feel kinda silly.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

It took me about a half hour to figure out the wallmaster puzzles, but that was really all that gave me trouble. ._." Also, what do the Hint Glasses do?

Sargon

I have never played A Link to the Past before. Should I play it before playing A Link Between Worlds? If so, I will need to wait for it to become available on the Wii U Virtual Console, which hopefully will be soon.

Sargon

sugarpixel

@Sargon: I never played ALTTP and it hasn't affected my enjoyment of this game at all.
In fact, there's a lot of stuff from Ocarina of Time in this game, too, like Kakariko Village and Death Mountain and Zora's Domain (Although the Zora don't look like they do in OoT). My guess is that if you've ever played any Zelda game before this, you'll have a good time! ...you can probably still enjoy it just fine even if this is your first Zelda game too, haha!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Sargon

Gioku wrote:

@Sargon: In fact, there's a lot of stuff from Ocarina of Time in this game, too

I haven't played that one either. Blasphemy, I know, but all I have played is Zelda 1 and 2, part of Twilight Princess, and now I'm working on Windwaker HD.

Sargon

Tasuki

@Sargon: If you have a Wii U you can get A Link to the Past on the Wii VC through Wii Mode. Then when it comes to Wii U you will just have to pay a bit to upgrade it.

With that said this game can still be enjoyed without playing ALttP.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Sargon

Tasuki wrote:

@Sargon: If you have a Wii U you can get A Link to the Past on the Wii VC through Wii Mode. Then when it comes to Wii U you will just have to pay a bit to upgrade it.

With that said this game can still be enjoyed without playing ALttP.

My only problem with that is my Wii U is connected to my primary TV, which means I can often only use it for off-TV play and it would be difficult to dedicate much time to a game in Wii mode. I think what I will do is if ALttP is available on Wii U by the time I finish Windwaker, I will go ahead and play it first, but if not I'm not going to let that hold me up and will jump straight into ALBW. since the consensus seems to be that won't be a problem. Thanks!

Sargon

Tasuki

Ugh looks like I left the three worst dungeons for last, Skull Woods, the Ice dungeon and Turtle Rock. On the plus side I did upgrade my master sword to the highest level.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: Turtle Rock isn't so bad. It's really small, so I found it pretty easy. The boss is a bit difficult, though; but I figured out that the bow works really well against him!

Oh, and uh... you can upgrade the Master Sword? How...?

Also, do you know anything about what StreetPass does in this/how to activate it? Is it a post game thing or something?

Edited on by sugarpixel

Tasuki

@Gioku: The use the streetpass go to Karkariko Village in Hyrule and speak to the old man standing by a field in town. Talk to him to set up the street pass game. If you have already set it up or after you set it up check back every once in awhile and if a sign is posted in the empty field read it and it will tell you where to find the shadow Link as well as how much money you get for winning the fight.

As for the Master Sword

you need to find four pieces of Master Ore. Then talk to both blacksmiths.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki OK thank you! I'll go setup StreetPass right away...

...this is my issue in exploration based games is that I'm too impatient and I just do whatever I'm supposed to do without exploring everything, haha. So I end up missing stuff.

Tasuki

Gioku wrote:

...this is my issue in exploration based games is that I'm too impatient and I just do whatever I'm supposed to do without exploring everything, haha. So I end up missing stuff.

Lol I have the opposite problem. I tend to spend too much time exploring. That's why it takes me awhile to beat games.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: Oh hahaha! This is probably why I generally prefer fast-paced action games over exploration based or turn based ones. I like clear, linear goals and plenty of action! ...The Legend of Zelda is basically on the borderline between the two, and so I still enjoy them a lot! The combat is pretty fun, too; in this game I've enjoyed all the boss battles I've encountered so far!

Happy_Mask

Tasuki wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Lol I have the opposite problem. I tend to spend too much time exploring. That's why it takes me awhile to beat games.

I do plenty of exploring as well, it's how I always 100% things. :3

sugarpixel

I beat OoT 3D twice (regular quest and master quest), and never knew the fishing place existed until my friend showed it to me, lol.

BSlyGamerGuy

This game has become really hard to find since the holidays. A friend of mine desperately wants this game and has been to 3 different Wal-Mart's, 2 Target's, a TRU, and a few Gamestop locations and nobody has it. He's resorted to buying it online, which is something he hates doing because he enjoys the thrill of the hunt, but man.....what a popular game!

Check me out on Twitter - @BSlyTheGamerGuy
Check out http://BslyTheGamerGuy.Tumblr.com Updated 1/11/14 SUPER MARIO review for the NES!

Twitter:

JoyBoy

Gioku wrote:

I beat OoT 3D twice (regular quest and master quest), and never knew the fishing place existed until my friend showed it to me, lol.

!!!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.