Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 970

KryptoKrunch

GamecubeMan wrote:

Is the music really as good as everyone is saying? I heard go as far as say this is their favorite soundtrack out the entire series!

I'm honestly not surprised by the soundtrack praise. You got the classic Zelda theme/Hyrule overworld theme from ALttP but remixed, and Kakariko Village music sounds like it's taken from the Hyrule Symphony Orchestra. The music is definitely incredible.

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Gamer83

GamecubeMan wrote:

Is the music really as good as everyone is saying? I heard go as far as say this is their favorite soundtrack out the entire series!

I love the soundtrack, but then again, I like the soundtracks in pretty much every Mario platformer or Zelda game. Those two series are among the most consistently great in this category.

Gamer83

GamecubeMan

I now know why people have gone as far as to say this soundtrack is their favorite. It doesn't quite do it for me but it comes extremely close.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Yay, just got this game today! And I have to say: 60 FPS is gorgeous!
I've barely started and I'm loving it so much - definitely my favorite Legend of Zelda game I've played so far!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

I got it a week ago and I have yet to put it down! I don't have some nostalgic factors in this at all and I think this game is the greatest game in the franchise

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Stu13

I had to wait on this because I knew I was getting it as a christmas gift. Put about 4 hours in so far and I'm completely smitten.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

sugarpixel

So... just got the game yesterday and I'm already stuck! lol

I just made it to Lorule, and... I have no idea what to do first! I tried the thieves' village dungeon first; got a little ways in and then got miserably stuck - there's switches that apparently do nothing and conveyor belts I can't reach...

Then I tried the swamp one; can't dive deep enough to even get in...

...I guess I'll just go check out the other dungeons until I find one I can beat, haha!
(but if anyone wants to give me a hint I'll gladly accept. )

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Gioku:

Make sure you have the items from Ravio either rent them or buy them from him. The dungeons can be tackled in any order as long as you have the right items from Ravio.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: So I should just rent all the items and just wing it? I've got nearly 3000 rupees saved up at this point; I can afford them all, and probably afford them all again should I get a game over at some point, haha.

sugarpixel

@DestinyMan: I made it pretty far without dying, but... I've died three times now; mostly due to stupid mistakes on my part! One of those times was because I didn't pause when I sat the game down for a minute, and when I came back I had died; some monster apparently came over and killed me when I wasn't there! D:

Tasuki

@Gioku: Well I don't know about you but I found getting money very easy in that game. If you can you rent all of them or perhaps buy the most common ones like the Bow, hookshot, boomerang etc. and rent the others. Also look around the dungeons sometimes they give you hints as to which item you will need to use the most.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: My main issue is that I think I'm missing something with the Bomb... I'm used to, in Zelda games, being able to carry the bomb around above your head - I can't seem to do that in this game; Link either puts the bomb one tile in front of him or on the tile he's standing on - I can't get him to carry it. Is there a way to do that? Because the game seems to be heavily hinting that I should put a bomb on this one conveyor belt (to hit a switch), but... I cannot reach the conveyor belt (it's just slightly above my head)...

Klimbatize

You can pick up and throw bombs, but can't carry them.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Tasuki

Yeah what Klimbatize says is true. However I am not sure if it's the upgraded bomb or the normal bomb that you can pick up and throw.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

Well... I guess I'll just dink around in the other dungeons for now, haha. Maybe I'll have better luck in one of them...

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: No, I haven't; I tried the Thieves' Hideout first, and I got stuck fairly quickly... I'll go try the Dark Palace next, then.

DreamyViridi

I received this game for Christmas as well and I'm having a great time. I normally have trouble with certain puzzles, but it's been all good so far. Which is odd, because when I tried 'Link to the Past', I lost interest after a couple of dungeons.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Stu13

I just retrieved the Master Sword and am about to head the castle. That ghost puzzle in the Lost Woods was... odd.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic