Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 951

sugarpixel

@DestinyMan: I made it pretty far without dying, but... I've died three times now; mostly due to stupid mistakes on my part! One of those times was because I didn't pause when I sat the game down for a minute, and when I came back I had died; some monster apparently came over and killed me when I wasn't there! D:

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Gioku: Well I don't know about you but I found getting money very easy in that game. If you can you rent all of them or perhaps buy the most common ones like the Bow, hookshot, boomerang etc. and rent the others. Also look around the dungeons sometimes they give you hints as to which item you will need to use the most.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: My main issue is that I think I'm missing something with the Bomb... I'm used to, in Zelda games, being able to carry the bomb around above your head - I can't seem to do that in this game; Link either puts the bomb one tile in front of him or on the tile he's standing on - I can't get him to carry it. Is there a way to do that? Because the game seems to be heavily hinting that I should put a bomb on this one conveyor belt (to hit a switch), but... I cannot reach the conveyor belt (it's just slightly above my head)...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Klimbatize

You can pick up and throw bombs, but can't carry them.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Tasuki

Yeah what Klimbatize says is true. However I am not sure if it's the upgraded bomb or the normal bomb that you can pick up and throw.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

Well... I guess I'll just dink around in the other dungeons for now, haha. Maybe I'll have better luck in one of them...

Tasuki

@Gioku: Did you try the Dark Palace? That's where I first went in Lorule and beat it pretty easily.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: No, I haven't; I tried the Thieves' Hideout first, and I got stuck fairly quickly... I'll go try the Dark Palace next, then.

DreamyViridi

I received this game for Christmas as well and I'm having a great time. I normally have trouble with certain puzzles, but it's been all good so far. Which is odd, because when I tried 'Link to the Past', I lost interest after a couple of dungeons.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Stude

I just retrieved the Master Sword and am about to head the castle. That ghost puzzle in the Lost Woods was... odd.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

sugarpixel

@DreamyViridi: Yep, I made it all the way to the Master Sword without any issues at all really - it gets quite a bit trickier after that so be prepared!

Metroidlink

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda? I cleared all the dungeons without help... I couldn't figure out how to get the pegasus boots though also @Gioku visit the fortune teller and you should get a pair of glasses which allows you to get hints with play coins!

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Klimbatize

Metroidlink wrote:

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda?

This is a very easy Zelda if you've played any other Zelda before.

Edited on by Klimbatize

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Ralizah

Klimbatize wrote:

Metroidlink wrote:

Is it just me who is smart or am I really good at Zelda?

This is a very easy Zelda if you've played any other Zelda before.

That's what I was thinking. This game has been really easy so far. Only the Dark Palace segment has been on par, difficulty-wise, with what I've come to expect from a Zelda title. And that's only in terms of the puzzles. The fights are all ridiculously easy, and even though I don't usually carry potions around, I've yet to die once.

Gorgeous game, though, and loads of fun. The lack of frustration has made for some smooth sailing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

sugarpixel

I've hit some major frustration in the Thieves' Hideout as I was going on about earlier, hahaha.
I need to go try out some other dungeons still.
There's so much to do, I can't let this one dungeon get me down.

TotodileFTW

I just ordered it from amazon today i couldn't wait 5 days to get it so i choice the 2 day shipping option lol totally worth the extra money!

Proud owner of a Black 3DS XL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Check out my youtube channel @TotodileFTW for Cod Ghost Wii U Multiplayer Gameplay, unboxings and reviews of the latest 3DS and Wii U games!
Currently playing: The Legend of Zelda a Link Between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3969-5589-3089 | Nintendo Network ID: TotodileFTW

HappyHappyist

one of the things about this game is that it's about the adventure, and the past zelda games have been more combat focused. OoT had the Z-Targetting, WW had the perry system, TP had those unlockable moves, SS had motion controlled attacks, the DS games had stylus combat. this is truly the latest "pure" zelda game since the oracle games.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

ChronoPower

I really liked this game- it is actually the first zelda game I have beaten (even after 2 years and 50 hours in ocarina of time lol).
Normally I hate dungeons but dungeons were not a chore to me in this game, they were actually kind of fun.
More towns/people would have been cool.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Insert favorite Movie/ Video Game quote here
Insert Batman quote here

3DS Friend Code: 1204-0016-8359

Stude

At the beginning of my game I found a cave in Hyrule that had a pathway blocked by a fire wall right at the entrance. I didn't have any way to get through at the time but now that I do, I cannot seem to locate it again. Help?

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

sugarpixel

Hahaha, so I'm back on track; I figured out that, once you place a bomb, you can pick it/carry it around/throw it by pressing A... sheesh! This seems to be a regular problem for me with Zelda games - I got stuck for three months in the OoT 3D Master Quest because I didn't know you could break crates by somersaulting into them... and I beat the entire regular game without ever knowing that, lol.

Edited on by sugarpixel

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.