3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 741 to 760 of 998

AuthorMessage

CM30

741. Posted:

^Why, scared of that perfectly harmless Wallmaster?
Wuss.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

742. Posted:

I had a hard time with that boss in Hero Mode. He just kept slapping and slapping and slapping...and slapping

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

743. Posted:

Wall masters, wall masters everywhere... And then...

GIANT WALL MASTER FROM HELL

I have to admit that they had some clever puzzles with them... But still.

There's also that time when you turn on a light/press a switch and SURPRISE ZOMBIE ATTACK FROM BEHIND.

Anyway, I just beat the game! 0 loses and 17k~ rupees total.
Lovely ending, by the way, I really loved it.

The credits reminded me of the first time I saw the credits of a linked Oracle of Ages game.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

744. Posted:

One of my favorite parts was that switch in Thieves' Hideout that makes the floor open. I felt stupid for hitting it the first time

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Blue_Dread

745. Posted:

I'm playing this game right now. That darn Ice Dungeon... I beat it, but I'm not happy.

I like to play Nintendo games (for a living :P)
I support Wii U.
I love my brother.
I like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

746. Posted:

DarkwingLz wrote:

One of my favorite parts was that switch in Thieves' Hideout that makes the floor open. I felt stupid for hitting it the first time

Yeah the same happened to me, but then when I had to go back there it was a huge moment of "It makes sense now!".

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

tobyg0206

747. Posted:

Great game ,don't be sour on this game it's Great !

tobyg0206

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

748. Posted:

Well defeat the Dark Palace today and rescued the first Sage. Just a quick question though is there an upgrade to the power glove? I keep coming across those huge gray rocks but no way to pick them up or break them.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

749. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Well defeat the Dark Palace today and rescued the first Sage. Just a quick question though is there an upgrade to the power glove? I keep coming across those huge gray rocks but no way to pick them up or break them.

Yes there is, it is in one of the dungeons.

Direct answer....

It's in the swamp/desert dungeon. Rescue the sage from the thieves' hideout to be able to rent the rod of sands.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

750. Posted:

@Morpheel: Thanks

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Henmii

751. Posted:

So, I have beaten the endboss! The game is pretty much what I expected: Fun, but not great! I think Spirit tracks is much better! Here is my opinion in a nutshell:

+No handholding
+The rental-system gives you the freedom to explore and play dungeons in any order, though if they use this system again in future Zelda's then the (possibly) new items should be obtained in the field/dungeon!
+The wallpainting mechanic is fun and together with the items it's used for interesting puzzles
+Nice music

-The overworld is mostly the same
-Graphics are okay, but not super
-No really new items
-Dungeons are far to short and simple! I don't hope short levels become the Nintendo trend: The Mario 3D world levels also feel very short, or is that just me?

By the way: My favorite level probably is the Ice ruins! It's the longest level and pretty complex! Also, that you can already visit all the floors from the start gives it a fresh feel! I guess many newcomers will have a lot of trouble with this dungeon! My second favorite may be the Earth temple (heh, this is the second time a Zelda Earth temple is actually filled with lava, not earth!), because of the fire-pillars and the seesaws!

Have you guys found any easter-eggs yet? Spoiler: I saw some portrets of Makar on some walls inside houses!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

752. Posted:

So i have to ask is the Master Ore only found in dungeons?

I found one piece in the Thief's Town dungeon

But I was just wondering should I look for them in the overworld as well?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

753. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

So i have to ask is the Master Ore only found in dungeons?

I found one piece in the Thief's Town dungeon

But I was just wondering should I look for them in the overworld as well?

Two are in dungeons, two are not.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

754. Posted:

@Morpheel: Thanks again.

Well beat the water dungeon and got my new armor. :D. Next not sure but I will have a blast with it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

755. Posted:

It's gets a deserving overall Game of the Year award even in the face of strong competition from The Last of Us, GTA V and Super Mario 3D World, and from a big website no less... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIveEE0YnuQ

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Swiket

756. Posted:

A lot of people are mad at Gamespot for giving ALBW the GOTY award and it's hilarious.

I've read through the entire thread, and you guys just don't get it: when a website chooses Game of the Year, they have a certain responsibility. Think about it, the gaming media has a lot of power over the minds of gamers. Where do we go for our gaming news? These websites. Where do we go for gaming reviews? These websites. Where do we go for analysis and predictions of companies that may or may not be wrong but take them as fact in our console war threads anyway? These ****ing websites.

You see, it's not about what is the most fun game, but about the best game! And I'm sorry you guys, but Link Between Two Worlds is just objectionally not the best game. Reviewers should look at how much money was invested into these games, how much production time went into it, how much the story affects us emotionally. It's not about fun, it's about content. It's about experience.

And now, Gamespot has really screwed up. Now gamers are going to look at this handheld game and think it might be better than The Last of Us. THE LAST OF US. Do you know how many Game of the Year awards that got!? Jeez Gamespot.

Worst of all, now Nintendo is going to think that making titles like Link Between Two Worlds is alright. They're going to keep pumping out these SNES remakes and think that, "Oh, this will be fun for a new generation herp derp hope they like it." They won't learn that it's not about fun anymore! And it's all thanks to websites like Gamespot and all the man-children that bought Link Between Two Worlds.

Hope you guys enjoy your new gaming future, I'm out.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Rezalack

757. Posted:

"They won't learn that it's not about fun anymore!" Because games aren't supposed to be fun. Right.

Rezalack

AuthorMessage

CM30

758. Posted:

Anyone who seriously complains about fun and how it's not 'important' in video games any more is someone to never, ever take seriously. The very epitome of a hipster.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

759. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

A lot of people are mad at Gamespot for giving ALBW the GOTY award and it's hilarious.

I've read through the entire thread, and you guys just don't get it: when a website chooses Game of the Year, they have a certain responsibility. Think about it, the gaming media has a lot of power over the minds of gamers. Where do we go for our gaming news? These websites. Where do we go for gaming reviews? These websites. Where do we go for analysis and predictions of companies that may or may not be wrong but take them as fact in our console war threads anyway? These ****ing websites.

You see, it's not about what is the most fun game, but about the best game! And I'm sorry you guys, but Link Between Two Worlds is just objectionally not the best game. Reviewers should look at how much money was invested into these games, how much production time went into it, how much the story affects us emotionally. It's not about fun, it's about content. It's about experience.

And now, Gamespot has really screwed up. Now gamers are going to look at this handheld game and think it might be better than The Last of Us. THE LAST OF US. Do you know how many Game of the Year awards that got!? Jeez Gamespot.

Worst of all, now Nintendo is going to think that making titles like Link Between Two Worlds is alright. They're going to keep pumping out these SNES remakes and think that, "Oh, this will be fun for a new generation herp derp hope they like it." They won't learn that it's not about fun anymore! And it's all thanks to websites like Gamespot and all the man-children that bought Link Between Two Worlds.

Hope you guys enjoy your new gaming future, I'm out.

So...the GOTY should be determined by bloated budgets, biased reviews, and what everyone wants to see as the GOTY, oh and how much of everything but fun it is? Okie dokie then :D

Also, I love how just about every hateful comment I saw about the new Zelda game indicates how the user did not even play it. :D

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

760. Posted:

I mean, seriously.

Who plays games for fun?

What year is this? 1999?

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.