Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 951

LzWinky

Swiket wrote:

A lot of people are mad at Gamespot for giving ALBW the GOTY award and it's hilarious.

I've read through the entire thread, and you guys just don't get it: when a website chooses Game of the Year, they have a certain responsibility. Think about it, the gaming media has a lot of power over the minds of gamers. Where do we go for our gaming news? These websites. Where do we go for gaming reviews? These websites. Where do we go for analysis and predictions of companies that may or may not be wrong but take them as fact in our console war threads anyway? These ****ing websites.

You see, it's not about what is the most fun game, but about the best game! And I'm sorry you guys, but Link Between Two Worlds is just objectionally not the best game. Reviewers should look at how much money was invested into these games, how much production time went into it, how much the story affects us emotionally. It's not about fun, it's about content. It's about experience.

And now, Gamespot has really screwed up. Now gamers are going to look at this handheld game and think it might be better than The Last of Us. THE LAST OF US. Do you know how many Game of the Year awards that got!? Jeez Gamespot.

Worst of all, now Nintendo is going to think that making titles like Link Between Two Worlds is alright. They're going to keep pumping out these SNES remakes and think that, "Oh, this will be fun for a new generation herp derp hope they like it." They won't learn that it's not about fun anymore! And it's all thanks to websites like Gamespot and all the man-children that bought Link Between Two Worlds.

Hope you guys enjoy your new gaming future, I'm out.

So...the GOTY should be determined by bloated budgets, biased reviews, and what everyone wants to see as the GOTY, oh and how much of everything but fun it is? Okie dokie then

Also, I love how just about every hateful comment I saw about the new Zelda game indicates how the user did not even play it.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Morpheel wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

So i have to ask is the Master Ore only found in dungeons?

I found one piece in the Thief's Town dungeon

But I was just wondering should I look for them in the overworld as well?

Two are in dungeons, two are not.

Um, only one is in the overworld. The other three are in dungeons: Skull woods, thieves' hideout and dark palace

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tasuki

@DarkwingLz: Thanks I found two of them in dungeons, and have yet to tackle the other dungeons it's in. Right now I am thinking I will go get the Titan's Mitt.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

LzWinky

If it helps any, the other items are as follows:

Titan's Mitt - Desert Palace, Hylian Shield - Turtle Rock, Upgraded Tunic - Swamp Palace, and Upgraded Meter - Ice Ruins

Gamer83

Morpheel wrote:

I mean, seriously.

Who plays games for fun?

What year is this? 1999?

When I put together my GOTY list I'll probably have A Link Between Worlds at No. 3 behind GTA V and TLoU, but eventhough I really liked those games I can see their faults. The problem with the idiotic Gamespot community, and the 'hardcore' community in general, is these clowns get hung up on stupid sh*t. I like great graphics and great story as much as anybody but there's nothing wrong with just playing a game to have some fun and when a Nintendo game hits all the high notes it's usually more fun than anything currently on the market. I really don't get why some people think that shouldn't be factored in. As much as I like TLoU, looking back, there were some boring as all hell parts to it. There was nothing inherently wrong with the gameplay. The mechanics were good, nothing really broken but there are some parts where literally nothing is going on. With A Link Between Worlds, I didn't think there was a minute of boredom. That absolutely has to be factored in then you have the tried and true gameplay formula with some neat twists and it's a worthy GOTY winner. But everybody knows what they say about haters.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Tasuki

DarkwingLz wrote:

If it helps any, the other items are as follows:

Titan's Mitt - Desert Palace, Hylian Shield - Turtle Rock, Upgraded Tunic - Swamp Palace, and Upgraded Meter - Ice Ruins

Thanks. I have the Swamp Palace item and I have yet to journey into those other places.

My Backlog

Drawdler

Have you guys found any easter-eggs yet?

There's a really cute Easter egg somewhere. I don't remember where, but it's a Wanted poster on a wall with the picture cut out. If you merge onto the wall and go behind the poster you can have Link's face as the portrait.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

GamecubeMan

Is the music really as good as everyone is saying? I heard go as far as say this is their favorite soundtrack out the entire series!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I got this game as an early Christmas gift from me! How thoughtful!

I'm waiting to open it for a while just so I could tell people I own the game and am completely casually not playing it. Ha!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KryptoniteKrunch

GamecubeMan wrote:

Is the music really as good as everyone is saying? I heard go as far as say this is their favorite soundtrack out the entire series!

I'm honestly not surprised by the soundtrack praise. You got the classic Zelda theme/Hyrule overworld theme from ALttP but remixed, and Kakariko Village music sounds like it's taken from the Hyrule Symphony Orchestra. The music is definitely incredible.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Gamer83

GamecubeMan wrote:

I love the soundtrack, but then again, I like the soundtracks in pretty much every Mario platformer or Zelda game. Those two series are among the most consistently great in this category.

Gamer83

GamecubeMan

I now know why people have gone as far as to say this soundtrack is their favorite. It doesn't quite do it for me but it comes extremely close.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

Yay, just got this game today! And I have to say: 60 FPS is gorgeous!
I've barely started and I'm loving it so much - definitely my favorite Legend of Zelda game I've played so far!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

I got it a week ago and I have yet to put it down! I don't have some nostalgic factors in this at all and I think this game is the greatest game in the franchise

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

Stude

I had to wait on this because I knew I was getting it as a christmas gift. Put about 4 hours in so far and I'm completely smitten.

Team Splattershot Jr.
3DS friend code: 5000-2563-9647

Nintendo Network ID: Stu000

Joeynator3000

This music....rocks! Why won't Nintendo release soundtracks for all of their games?! xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

sugarpixel

So... just got the game yesterday and I'm already stuck! lol

I just made it to Lorule, and... I have no idea what to do first! I tried the thieves' village dungeon first; got a little ways in and then got miserably stuck - there's switches that apparently do nothing and conveyor belts I can't reach...

Then I tried the swamp one; can't dive deep enough to even get in...

...I guess I'll just go check out the other dungeons until I find one I can beat, haha!
(but if anyone wants to give me a hint I'll gladly accept. )

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Gioku:

Make sure you have the items from Ravio either rent them or buy them from him. The dungeons can be tackled in any order as long as you have the right items from Ravio.

My Backlog

sugarpixel

@Tasuki: So I should just rent all the items and just wing it? I've got nearly 3000 rupees saved up at this point; I can afford them all, and probably afford them all again should I get a game over at some point, haha.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.