Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 621 to 640 of 998

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

621. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Now I haven't read through this forum at all yet but I just finished playing through ALttP and they say that A Link Between Worlds is a sequel, not a remake. Even though I think a link between worlds is amazing and super awesome it feels kinda like a remake to me just renaming the 'dark world' as 'Lorule' instead, and adding a few new mechanics.

Well it's not a remake FYI. It takes place generations after ALttP and has a new story and new dungeons, plus new gameplay twists such as merging into walls, renting items, and playing dungeons in any order like Zelda 1.

I know that much I've been playing ALBW and it's a great game but I mean, the 3 pendants and then most of the dungeons in Lorule have the same names as the dungeons in the dark world... Sooo was the 'dark world' Lorule all along?

Yeah, but the dungeons have different layouts. Also, Lorule is a kingdom, not a planet. The Dark World is the planet Lorule is on. Hyrule and Lorule are not planets, just kingdoms. I think the main planet that the Legend of Zelda series takes place on is called the Light World, but it may simply just be Earth.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

622. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

The one thing I don't like is renting items. After I fall in battle, the items I rented are taken from me. That's not a major issue, but buying items is so overpriced. I miss the days when I found a particular item in a dungeon, or at least a shop that doesn't charge you so much rupees!

i agree with u there! I only died once before I was able to purchase the items but I do miss the whole 'find the item u need to complete the dungeon within the dungeon' but I guess if we didn't have all the items available from the start them we couldn't complete the dungeons in any order...

Well don't forget about Zelda 1. Items could be found in dungeons or just shops like in Zelda 1. But renting items isn't broken or anything like that. I just preferred how it was in previous titles when items were found or bought for an affordable price.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

623. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Now I haven't read through this forum at all yet but I just finished playing through ALttP and they say that A Link Between Worlds is a sequel, not a remake. Even though I think a link between worlds is amazing and super awesome it feels kinda like a remake to me just renaming the 'dark world' as 'Lorule' instead, and adding a few new mechanics.

Very true, didn't think about it that way ;)
Well it's not a remake FYI. It takes place generations after ALttP and has a new story and new dungeons, plus new gameplay twists such as merging into walls, renting items, and playing dungeons in any order like Zelda 1.

I know that much I've been playing ALBW and it's a great game but I mean, the 3 pendants and then most of the dungeons in Lorule have the same names as the dungeons in the dark world... Sooo was the 'dark world' Lorule all along?

Yeah, but the dungeons have different layouts. Also, Lorule is a kingdom, not a planet. The Dark World is the planet Lorule is on. Hyrule and Lorule are not planets, just kingdoms. I think the main planet that the Legend of Zelda series takes place on is called the Light World, but it may simply just be Earth.

Pokemon X friend code: 3394-4333-0169----Bug Safari-Masquerain, Pinsir, Combee

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

624. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

625. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Very true, didn't think about it that way;)

AuthorMessage

Mainer82

626. Posted:

My impressions so far is that I LOVE the game, this is by far the best implementation of 3D on the 3DS...
Untitled

Edited on by Mainer82

3DS Friend Code: 2836-1397-2314
Please add me if you're from Maine

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

627. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Dark World and Light World aren't planets. The Dark World was once the Golden Land that held the Triforce. When Ganon was sealed away with the Triforce of Power (At the end of Ocarina of Time) it became the Dark World. Lorule is more then likely the Dark World version of Hyrule thats all. They never really said what planet The Legend of Zelda take place.

Edited on by Tasuki

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

628. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Dark World and Light World aren't planets. The Dark World was once the Golden Land that held the Triforce. When Ganon was sealed away with the Triforce of Power (At the end of Ocarina of Time) it became the Dark World. Lorule is more then likely the Dark World version of Hyrule thats all. They never really said what planet The Legend of Zelda take place.

yeah, I think the right term might be "dimension".........

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

629. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame: Thanks. :) That was the word I was looking for but for some reason I couldn't think of it. Total brain fart there lol. But yeah they The Light World and the Dark World have always seemed like alternated dimensions more then planets.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

630. Posted:

Two sages saved, I went to the swamp temple then the fire.
My only complaints of the game is that you can't jump from edges like in phantom hour glass or spirit tracks and you can't change your sword/tunic/shield, other then that the game is great, but I did like getting temple maps and having a good challenge.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

631. Posted:

Just bought the game today! :)

Wish me luck on my travels. :3

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

632. Posted:

Dark world and Lorule are not the same. The Dark world was the sacred realm of Hyrule. Lorule is an entirely new world

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

633. Posted:

Has anyone talked to any of the ghosts using the hint glasses? I was tempted to one or two times but never have, due to the ominous tone of the text you see when you first obtain the glasses. Something about being careful about using it because once you use it the effects are permanent? I forget the exact wording, but when I read that it brought to mind losing the shiny stars in Mario games if you use the hint block, so I haven't used it.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

634. Posted:

I didn't even get the glasses :$

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

635. Posted:

Also it's too bad that there was no online for the game like Phantom hourglass, I would like to fight others as shadow Link or have some other mini games, it only creates replay value.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

636. Posted:

@DarkwingLZ:

Visit the fortune teller near Karkariko village

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

637. Posted:

Omg. I like the spoiler tag.

Buy this game NOW

Edited on by WaLzgi

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

638. Posted:

I'm loving this game so far. I like the atmosphere and the dungeons so far and the fluidity of the gameplay is surprisingly good!

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

JimmyC

639. Posted:

I just finished the game. I found the game to be easy (I didn't die once), however I absolutely loved this game. The dungeons were very well designed in my opinion. Im currently replaying it in the Hero Mode :D

3DS FC James: 3265-5315-1740
NNID: Mystery655
PSN ID: Mystery655
Pokemon Friend Safari (Steel): Mawile, Metang & Klefki

AuthorMessage

Mainer82

640. Posted:

How do I buy items from Ravio?

3DS Friend Code: 2836-1397-2314
Please add me if you're from Maine