3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 601 to 620 of 1,000

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

601. Posted:

Wow I am really enjoying this game alot. I got through the Eastern Palace and got the painting ability and I have to say I am having alot of fun with that ability. Also got two bottles, the flippers and the Pegasus Boots. Just have a quicker question hopefully someone will be able to answer.

The rental store that is in your house I noticed that the hammer, hookshot boomerang etc is available for rent. Do you not get the permanently in the game, or is this just a thing so I can get them earlier in the game then I am suppose to?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

602. Posted:

@Tasuki Most of if not all of the items are available for rent so you can have them all from the get go. They will also be available for purchase but for an extremly high price. Downside is whatever you rent you lose if you die so don't die! Also check the Wind Waker topic. I ask you a question there.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

603. Posted:

@Spoony_Tech: Ah ok thanks, Yeah I know about losing it if you die thats why I was asking if thats the only way you get those items.

Which Wind Waker Topic is it that you are talking about? The one in the Wii U section?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

604. Posted:

@Tasuki Yes that's the one.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

605. Posted:

I'm still loving the game. I just got the Master Sword and I'm currently infiltrating the Hyrule Castle.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

606. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

I'm still loving the game. I just got the Master Sword and I'm currently infiltrating the Hyrule Castle.

Well okay, now I'm in the process of rescuing the Seven Sages, but you guys get what I'm trying to say! This game rocks!

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

607. Posted:

I just finished the game and started Hero Mode! I literally just started so I don't notice any difference yet. Man...that ending! I really wanna gush about it, but, you know. Spoilers. Let's just say the ending scratched an itch I've been having ever since I first played a Zelda game, and it felt SOOO GOOOD.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

rallydefault

608. Posted:

This game's control just feels so good. The way Link moves so fluidly and the animation for swinging his sword is so ... satisfying? I guess that's the best word. Sounds weird typing it out haha. It reminds me of Wind Waker's animations a lot, to be honest.

rallydefault

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

609. Posted:

So the rental stuff is just to make the game a bit easier, that's at least what I am getting at. Do you indeed get permanent versions of the rent items at some point?

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

610. Posted:

Now I haven't read through this forum at all yet but I just finished playing through ALttP and they say that A Link Between Worlds is a sequel, not a remake. Even though I think a link between worlds is amazing and super awesome it feels kinda like a remake to me just renaming the 'dark world' as 'Lorule' instead, and adding a few new mechanics.

Pokemon X friend code: 3394-4333-0169----Bug Safari-Masquerain, Pinsir, Combee

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

611. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

So the rental stuff is just to make the game a bit easier, that's at least what I am getting at. Do you indeed get permanent versions of the rent items at some point?

Yes I beat two dungeons in Lorule before I went back to Ravio and by that time I was able to actually purchase the items, the u can get them upgraded by collecting the maimais.

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

612. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

I just finished the game and started Hero Mode! I literally just started so I don't notice any difference yet. Man...that ending! I really wanna gush about it, but, you know. Spoilers. Let's just say the ending scratched an itch I've been having ever since I first played a Zelda game, and it felt SOOO GOOOD.

I can't wait for the ending u got me super excited about it!

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

613. Posted:

This is shaping to be my favorite Zelda game. I'm trying to get to the Eastern Castle. Just got the bow.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

614. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

Now I haven't read through this forum at all yet but I just finished playing through ALttP and they say that A Link Between Worlds is a sequel, not a remake. Even though I think a link between worlds is amazing and super awesome it feels kinda like a remake to me just renaming the 'dark world' as 'Lorule' instead, and adding a few new mechanics.

Yeah it is indeed a sequel I think it was Reggie but I could be wrong (but I know for sure it was someone during a Nintendo Direct) that said it takes place many years after A Link to the Past.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

615. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Yes I beat two dungeons in Lorule before I went back to Ravio and by that time I was able to actually purchase the items, the u can get them upgraded by collecting the maimais.

Ok thats good to know. I wasn't 100% sure but then again the only dungeon I beat was the Eastern Palace cause then I went exploring across Hyrule lol.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

616. Posted:

StarryKnight wrote:

Well it's not a remake FYI. It takes place generations after ALttP and has a new story and new dungeons, plus new gameplay twists such as merging into walls, renting items, and playing dungeons in any order like Zelda 1.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

617. Posted:

The one thing I don't like is renting items. After I fall in battle, the items I rented are taken from me. That's not a major issue, but buying items is so overpriced. I miss the days when I found a particular item in a dungeon, or at least a shop that doesn't charge you so much rupees!

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

618. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

StarryKnight wrote:

Well it's not a remake FYI. It takes place generations after ALttP and has a new story and new dungeons, plus new gameplay twists such as merging into walls, renting items, and playing dungeons in any order like Zelda 1.

I know that much I've been playing ALBW and it's a great game but I mean, the 3 pendants and then most of the dungeons in Lorule have the same names as the dungeons in the dark world... Sooo was the 'dark world' Lorule all along?

AuthorMessage

StarryKnight

619. Posted:

ClassicSonicFan wrote:

The one thing I don't like is renting items. After I fall in battle, the items I rented are taken from me. That's not a major issue, but buying items is so overpriced. I miss the days when I found a particular item in a dungeon, or at least a shop that doesn't charge you so much rupees!

i agree with u there! I only died once before I was able to purchase the items but I do miss the whole 'find the item u need to complete the dungeon within the dungeon' but I guess if we didn't have all the items available from the start them we couldn't complete the dungeons in any order...

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

620. Posted:

You could say it is as much of a remake to A Link to the Past as Ocarina of Time was. Maybe a little more.

Similar places, same basic story and progression, etc.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok