3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 501 to 520 of 998

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

501. Posted:

I approve of what everyone has said of this game a lot. Like, literally I said I liked Skyward Sword but the sense of filler, linear-ness and tutorials is something I hope isn't the new standard for the series. And it isn't, hooray!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

502. Posted:

32 reviews total so far and look at this: http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link...
So far there are 8 (10/10) reviews. Amazing, can't wait to get this!!

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

503. Posted:

31/32 positive reviews and then... Destructoid.

lol

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

cookiex

504. Posted:

I decided to take a chance on pre-order, especially after seeing the reviews. Besides my 3DS needs some love, it hasn't seen a retail game since M&L: Dream Team in July. :)

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Mainer82

505. Posted:

Are we allowed to sell codes here? I pre-ordered the collectors 3DS and the physical copy of the game so I have no need for the digital download.

3DS Friend Code: 2836-1397-2314
Please add me if you're from Maine

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

506. Posted:

are you sure it comes with a code and not the game literally preinstalled as it says on the box?

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

507. Posted:

Mainer82 wrote:

Are we allowed to sell codes here? I pre-ordered the collectors 3DS and the physical copy of the game so I have no need for the digital download.

I believe you are but you need to find someone you can trust so good luck on that.

^Also it is a dl code. Even says so on Nintendos website!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

508. Posted:

@Mainer82 There is a thread for that somewhere. I point you in the right direction but idk where it is myself

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

509. Posted:

If I pre-order the digital version of the game at Gamestop will I still get the code for oracle of seasons?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Mainer82

510. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

If I pre-order the digital version of the game at Gamestop will I still get the code for oracle of seasons?

I don't see that anywhere on their site.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

511. Posted:

On the american albw page it says if you pre-order the game at gamestop you get oracle of seasons for free.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/the-legend-of-zeld...

i'm wondering can I do this and when I go to the store next week just ask for a download code instead.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

512. Posted:

W

Sony_70 wrote:

On the american albw page it says if you pre-order the game at gamestop you get oracle of seasons for free.

i'm wondering can I do this and when I go to the store next week just ask for a download code instead.

The way it worked in the past was the code is printedon the reciept when you pick up your game. That's how it worked for me when I got KI:U and got the 3d classics code!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Mainer82

513. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

You're right, I didn't realize that. It will probably be on the receipt.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

514. Posted:

@Sony_70 Ah I misunderstood that. You're going to have to pay for the game to get the code. Just save the reciept and return it in a couple of days. Just sell that code first!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

515. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I hope this game is good, but I'm wary of it after my experience with Fire Emblem: Awakening. A lot of similar praises were made, namely it being "the best 3ds game yet" or something along those lines. I'll sit back, read every review, and probably watch a ton of the game before I decide to get this.

I don't know your experience, but everyone I know who got it said it WAS the "best 3DS game yet"

yup it is, but it ties with a bunch other titles in my opinion(my top 3, all of them are No.1 :D , KI:U, MH3U and FE:A )

And that's the thing. I found the game to be a dull, watered-down, and ultimately manipulative title. In my 96 hours of playtime, I never had half the fun I did with the others. There are other FE fans/vets who felt similarly disappointed. I'm not here to argue about that though. Ever since then, I've been wary with pretty much every Nintendo game. This game struck me a a nostalgia grab, and with all the praises FE:A got, I can hardly trust reviews to be catered to my gaming preferences.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

516. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan
Seeing how much FE:A changed the series formula, I'm not sure how you can call it a simple nostalgia grab. No to mention that there probably aren't many people nostalgic for Fire Emblem in the first place, seeing as the series had fairly mundane sales until Awakening. But hey, each to their own.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

517. Posted:

@CapnPancakes: By nostalgia grab probably isn't the perfect word. I'm referring to using displaying elements from previous games along with older characters. It seemed like it was going to be the grand culmination of Fire Emblem, but felt more like a big ruse. I gave the game the benefit of the doubt, ninety-six hours of benefit of the doubt, but ultimately came out still disappointed. I'm not in the mood to derail this thread though, so if I want to have this discussion, I'll make a thread for it.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

CM30

518. Posted:

Oh hey, the game's music seems pretty good:

Thank you for making it so easy to find Nintendo!

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

519. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

I hope this game is good, but I'm wary of it after my experience with Fire Emblem: Awakening. A lot of similar praises were made, namely it being "the best 3ds game yet" or something along those lines. I'll sit back, read every review, and probably watch a ton of the game before I decide to get this.

I don't know your experience, but everyone I know who got it said it WAS the "best 3DS game yet"

yup it is, but it ties with a bunch other titles in my opinion(my top 3, all of them are No.1 :D , KI:U, MH3U and FE:A )

And that's the thing. I found the game to be a dull, watered-down, and ultimately manipulative title. In my 96 hours of playtime, I never had half the fun I did with the others. There are other FE fans/vets who felt similarly disappointed. I'm not here to argue about that though. Ever since then, I've been wary with pretty much every Nintendo game. This game struck me a a nostalgia grab, and with all the praises FE:A got, I can hardly trust reviews to be catered to my gaming preferences.

I know this feeling I had it when played Kirby's Epic Yarn and Mas Attack... but Since the only Fire Emblem Games I ever played before were Radiant Dawn and Shadow Dragon I simply can't be affected like this in a Fire Emblem game. but I understand what you're saying too many changes can break the core of a game. but don't worry with ALBW from the reviews it seems kinda like a return to the original Zelda Core(and by that I mean the very first Zelda game with all that "go to any dungeon you find" and less handholding)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

520. Posted:

@SomeBitTripFan
Hey, I don't care if you don't enjoy the game, that's fine because it's your opinion. But just because you didn't like one game that got good reviews, it shouldn't turn you off every other game that gets similar praise. In the end, it's all a matter of personal taste, so every game I buy could end up disappointing me.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes