3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 461 to 480 of 975

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

461. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I'm torn on that review. I'm really glad that he liked it overall, but I felt he was too harsh on the graphics.

It's fine if one simply doesn't care for the art style, but to say it's graphics are only on par with the CDi games, and to insinuate the original ALttP had an odd art style itself, I feel is way to harsh.

I'll agree that during the more cinematic moments, the simplicity is a little disappointing, but during normal gameplay, I think it looks just fine (and some of the textures, like water, look pretty cool).

Also, I don't think they should have given the official artwork a Skyward Sword pastel look. It looks nice, but it contrasts greatly with the actual in game art style, which is clearly modeled after ALttP's official art style. The in game art style makes perfect sense, and it baffles me as to why they wouldn't give the official art work the same style.

I think that the DS zeldas have boring, almost effortless graphics bordering on bad at times (besides their fun character desing) yet every reviewer on the internet and their dogs seem to agree that they have the best most beautiful graphics to ever grace the DS.

This game looks fine. It's not a masterpiece of graphical greatness, but it looks good for a 3DS game.

So yeah, that reviewer is either new to the console or just wanted more clicks by disliking something about the new game of a popular series.

About the art, the one thing I really disliked was that they replaced the awesome classic Link they first showed with a Disney's Peter Pan wannabe.

Edited on by Moorpheel

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

CM30

462. Posted:

Yeah, the graphics look fine.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Henmii

463. Posted:

@RR529,

It's all a matter of taste! Personally I was never that fond of the Alttp graphics since they looked to much like Mario world in my opinion! And I think graphics-wise the upcoming Zelda does look generic! That doesn't mean that I can't have fun with it, and I wouldn't be surprised if the graphics look a bit better when I finally can play it! Skyward sword also didn't look that strong in my opinion! I think the next Zelda really has to look strong, like it is really pushing the system!

As for the artwork: I get what you mean, but I still think the Albw artwork looks great! Yeah it looks pretty similar to the Skyward sword artwork, but Skyward sword was more aquarel, while Albw is more Pastel crayon.

@CM30,

I know more people that suspect this! It seems Nintendo was a bit dissapointed with the sales of 3D classics (You know, the old games with added 3D that you could download on the 3DS)! Thus Nintendo turning the Alttp 3D into a "new" game. But keep in mind that Miyamoto wanted to make a Alttp sequel for quite some time+Alttp being one of the most popular Zelda's+People craving another proper top-down Zelda. So there you go! The overworld is the same, and so are the bosses we have seen so far (minus Yuga). I hope there are more new bosses though, only old ones would be very bad!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

464. Posted:

Antisham wrote:

Hey Zelda fans :) I found this interesting 'review' done by U.S. Gamer for A Link Between Worlds that I thought you all might like. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/a-link-between-worlds-looks-l...
I was not at all impressed with the lack of analysis, misunderstanding and overall biased this person had towards a game that is not even RELEASED yet!

Do you think it's fair to write articles like this prior to a games release?

My copy of LBW is still top of my prebook list! Cannot wait for Christmas day!

Peace out Nintendo fans.

It's not really a review but more of an impressions article. The good news is that the comments towards graphics may not be that effective in swaying decisions. Consumers can look at trailers and pictures and decide for themselves.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Spuratis

465. Posted:

I don't mind the new graphics. I was a little thrown off at first, but the more I see them the more I become accustom to them and appreciate them for what they are. I made the mistake of hating Wind Waker back in the day and won't let that happen again. I think the graphic changes are always good because it tends to make it look like another game, when it's still Zelda. Keeps the series from getting stale and that's a good thing.

Spuratis

AuthorMessage

Henmii

466. Posted:

Pretty nice commercial!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

RR529

467. Posted:

I saw the game's advertisement twice tonight during South Park! (It was also mentioned as being the episode's "sponsor")

Pretty ironic too, considering that the episode revolved around the princess of Canada being kidnapped, so Ike got a sword & shield out of a chest in his closet, and went on a quest to save her, lol.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

468. Posted:

There's a new, long and pretty damn awesome trailer out,.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-a-link-between-worlds-foo...

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

469. Posted:

There's a guy who tells rumors.
Untitled

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

470. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

I saw the game's advertisement twice tonight during South Park! (It was also mentioned as being the episode's "sponsor")

Pretty ironic too, considering that the episode revolved around the princess of Canada being kidnapped, so Ike got a sword & shield out of a chest in his closet, and went on a quest to save her, lol.

Remember when the Wii came out? They had an episode about Cartman go to the future so he didn't have to wait for it to come out lol. Its not the first time they paid homage to Nintendo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Blast

471. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

LOL I can see it now....
Rumor Guy says, "Heh, heh! Want some gossip?"
Link says, "Tell me."
Rumor Guy says, 'Majora's Mask 3D and HD confirmed!!!!!"
Link says, "Tell me more. You have my attention."
Rumor Guy says, "Legend of Zelda: Wii U will be a epic adventure........"
XD LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

472. Posted:

KodyWB-98 wrote:

Now this is what I call advertising. Let's just hope the Wii U will receive the same treatment.

Official site

That's a pretty neat ad.

Still, I was kind of hoping it'd be a callback to Japan's ALttP commercial. :p

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

473. Posted:

Gameinformer gave the game a 10/10.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

474. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

LOL I can see it now....
Rumor Guy says, "Heh, heh! Want some gossip?"
Link says, "Tell me."
Rumor Guy says, 'Majora's Mask 3D and HD confirmed!!!!!"
Link says, "Tell me more. You have my attention."
Rumor Guy says, "Legend of Zelda: Wii U will be a epic adventure........"
XD LOL

Only to be a bunch of hoaxes because it's still technically gossip >:3

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

475. Posted:

@Sony_70 That's quite a good score from them as they don't hand out 10s to Nintendo games often. Can't wait to read that review!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

476. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Gameinformer giving a Nintendo game a 10?!Untitled

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

477. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

you say this like its surprising, they award good games good scores. You guys would realize that individual opinions make up a press opinions if you didnt believe everyone was out to get nintendo.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

478. Posted:

I distinctly remember them giving Metroid Fusion a 10.

...yes that is a fairly random game out of Nintendo games to get a perfect score.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CM30

479. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

you say this like its surprising, they award good games good scores. You guys would realize that individual opinions make up a press opinions if you didnt believe everyone was out to get nintendo.

Except in a lot of cases, Nintendo games will get bashed for being 'the same', yet yearly franchises on Sony and Microsoft consoles won't, with the likes of Call of Duty getting all 8s/9s/10s across the board and a Nintendo series with the same sort of schedule getting only 7s and 8s. There's definitely a feeling that certain companies are paying money under the counter to get nicer scores, and perhaps deliberately at the expense of Nintendo.

Back to the topic though, I'm pretty surprised it got a 10/10. That seems more like the sort of score an Ocarina of Time/Twilight Princess style 'epic' would get, especially from this particular magazine.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

480. Posted:

Damn, a perfect score?!?!

Untitled

Still Mariobro4. Just Toad-happy. Le-Ribbit.
Give me Jigglypuff with green combat-band Sakurai. That's all.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Know retro games? Try Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Captain Toad 4 Smash!
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4