3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 441 to 460 of 1,000

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

441. Posted:

Hey!
I just want to share this for the german users here. I'm sorry, but I don't know if there is an similar campain for any other country.
Nintendo offers an "treasure chest " for the first 1.000 that register "A Link Between Worlds" on the Nintendo Club. (Starting on 22. November 0:00h)
Here's an image of the treasure chest. ^^
Untitled

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

442. Posted:

yeah the gap between official art and actual graphics are like the N64 days again

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

443. Posted:

Some more tidbits on the game..

Wallet limitations removed

• Don’t need most weapons right away
  • New dungeons seem to require just one new one at a time
  • Obtaining multiple weapons you don’t need yet, you’ll be able to access a lot of otherwise inaccessible areas
  • Once again, Ravio takes away rented items if you die
  • Something that cost 50 Rupees to rent will cost 400 to buy
  • You can buy items you don’t need yet, but you won’t lose them if you die
  • Early dungeon entrances are marked with icons that indicate which item you’ll need in the dungeon
  • Fast-travel options let you quickly get back to Ravio’s shop to grab the object you need
  • Game seems to have some sort of rapping character
  • Place up to 20 pins on the main map to mark things you’re interested in and may want to return to
  • Can’t draw scribble notes on the map
  • Many songs are remixes of A Link To The Past
  • Nintendo has “done something fun with bees”

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

CM30

444. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

yeah the gap between official art and actual graphics are like the N64 days again

Reminds me more of the NES/SNES days. Not that the graphics are bad, just that the official artwork and in game graphics used a different style.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

445. Posted:

Tornado Rod

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

446. Posted:

So the tornado rod is just a slower roc's feather.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Henmii

447. Posted:

"Game seems to have some sort of rapping character"

Doing Darth Vader voice: Noooooooo!!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

448. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

"Game seems to have some sort of rapping character"

Doing Darth Vader voice: Noooooooo!!

I know! This isn't Link's Awakening!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

449. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

• Nintendo has “done something fun with bees”

Beekeeping?

@Henmii: Well, I guess there has to be a weird character in every Zelda game.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

450. Posted:

This and Super Mario 3D World are going to kill me!

I still have to finish Windwaker, I've barely touched Pikmin 3, and I'm half way through Luigi's Mansion 2. At least after I get these two games, I won't need to buy anything else until Donkey Kong comes out in February.

Every Zelda video I see gets me even more hyped. The music is fantastic.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

451. Posted:

Meeting Yuga

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Henmii

452. Posted:

@DestinyMan,

Yeah, maybe it is done in a tasteful manner! I wait and see!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

453. Posted:

Yuga reminds me of the leader of the Zuka club in ouran highschool host club. :s

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Antisham

454. Posted:

Hey Zelda fans :) I found this interesting 'review' done by U.S. Gamer for A Link Between Worlds that I thought you all might like. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/a-link-between-worlds-looks-l...
I was not at all impressed with the lack of analysis, misunderstanding and overall biased this person had towards a game that is not even RELEASED yet!

Do you think it's fair to write articles like this prior to a games release?

My copy of LBW is still top of my prebook list! Cannot wait for Christmas day!

Peace out Nintendo fans.

Antisham

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

455. Posted:

Antisham wrote:

Hey Zelda fans :) I found this interesting 'review' done by U.S. Gamer for A Link Between Worlds that I thought you all might like. http://www.usgamer.net/articles/a-link-between-worlds-looks-l...
I was not at all impressed with the lack of analysis, misunderstanding and overall biased this person had towards a game that is not even RELEASED yet!

Do you think it's fair to write articles like this prior to a games release?

My copy of LBW is still top of my prebook list! Cannot wait for Christmas day!

Peace out Nintendo fans.

I don't see anything wrong with it, he praised the gameplay and controls but wasn't a fan of the visuals. It's not like the visuals are going to change on release day, they are going to look like what they've been in every gameplay footage we've seen so far.

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage

Antisham

456. Posted:

I understand where you're coming from, but it is not a complete review. I just find faults with how it was approached in terms of the reviewer relating back to graphics for the majority of the article, implementing too much thought into unrelated products and just the general written flow of the article being quite poor. Reviewing a game needs to explore more avenues than the few dealt with here. Regardless of this, it is an opinion, so I can't say much! Everyone is entitled to one.

Antisham

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

457. Posted:

Lost Woods

Witch's Potion Shop

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

458. Posted:

Awesome TV trailer incoming!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

RR529

459. Posted:

I'm torn on that review. I'm really glad that he liked it overall, but I felt he was too harsh on the graphics.

It's fine if one simply doesn't care for the art style, but to say it's graphics are only on par with the CDi games, and to insinuate the original ALttP had an odd art style itself, I feel is way to harsh.

I'll agree that during the more cinematic moments, the simplicity is a little disappointing, but during normal gameplay, I think it looks just fine (and some of the textures, like water, look pretty cool).

Also, I don't think they should have given the official artwork a Skyward Sword pastel look. It looks nice, but it contrasts greatly with the actual in game art style, which is clearly modeled after ALttP's official art style. The in game art style makes perfect sense, and it baffles me as to why they wouldn't give the official art work the same style.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CM30

460. Posted:

I have this distinct feeling this game was once a remake of Link to the Past. The sheer amount of elements (including all items and all currently seen bosses bar Yuga) taken from said game can't be a coincidence.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189