3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 401 to 420 of 975

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

401. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

I'm buying this game at launch simply for the Majora's Mask 3D hype. Who knows, maybe they'll put in an after-credits teaser trailer!

A very good reason to play a Zelda game! o_O

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

402. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Tsuchinoko That actually surprises me on the sales of Zelda and just confirms my point even more so that it sells better in the west. Also your top 4 are all console games and not hand held! With sales like Monster hunter, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing all over 3 million or soon to be Zelda is trailing FAR behind! Yes those sales are not bad just not what I expected!

I know but what I said is that in recent years, mainly the past 10, the handheld Zelda games have all outsold the home console games. The top four are all console games yes, but those games are all over a decade old, with both Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess performing under the DS Zeldas.

And of course they'd sell better, but I said if you look at sales based on the percentage of stock sold, and not actual numbers then proportionally it sells quite well. Its unfair to look at numbers since the population of Japan is much smaller than America, or if you look at the PAL region.

And you can compare the sales to Monster Hunter and Pokemon all you want, but replace those with titles in the west such as GTA, or Halo, and the comparison still fits. Even Pokemon in the west still outsells Zelda by quite a bit.
So no, I don't agree that Zelda is "more popular in the west". Its not a beast like the biggest franchises (and again, it isn't in the west either), but they still sell respectable numbers, which is what I was trying to say.

I'm responding to this common saying that "Japan doesn't care about Zelda" or complaints that the games don't sell well, and that's just not true.

What I do agree with, is that sales for WWHD were abysmal, but there's quite a few reasons for that.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

403. Posted:

I wonder if he seeds of re-amalgamating the 3 Zelda timelines are being planted? A convergence of all the loose threads. It wouldn't surprise me if the Wii U game at least has references to all the past games, maybe with Link reliving key events of each one?

Nintendo is at least making more of an effort to put easter eggs in connecting the games.

It's a big thing to make a PS or xbox look like an NES. No one has ever customised a Nintendo console to make it look like an xbox or PS. There is a reason for this.

AuthorMessage

CM30

404. Posted:

Okay, this sounds cool. Apparently this game has an unlockable hard mode:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/the-legend-of-zel...

Kind of like Hero Mode in Skyward Sword or Hard mode in Mario & Luigi Dream Team. Sounds pretty good if you ask me!

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

405. Posted:

I'd rather the harder mode be available right from the get-go, but I suppose it's nice that it's in there at all, in any case.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Tsuchinoko

406. Posted:

Hard mode? Score! I love it. :)

@MrGawain I'm not one of those people that NEEDS to have a big timeline and everything to be converged, though the idea of a vague timeline or vague connections is really cool. Little references here and there are all I need, not some overly stated connections. Though I must admit the finding of the Hyrule Castle underwater and seeing all of those Ocarina of Time references in Wind Waker was really cool.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842Playing:Bravely Default, 極限脱出 9時間9人9の扉ファイアーエムブレム覚醒 (Fire Emblem Kakusei)モンスターハンター3G (Monster Hunter 3G)二ノ国漆黒の魔道士(Ni No Kuni)Looking forward to: Monster Hunter 4

AuthorMessage

BSlyGamerGuy

407. Posted:

This game is going to be a smash hit for Nintendo and it's 3DS console, so much that I can see it moving quite a few 3DS units out the door upon release. Between this game and the Pokemon games that just came out, plus the inexpensive 2DS option, I can see Nintendo having one hell of a bankable Christmas this year.

I've been really anticipating this game quite a bit since it was announced and I really look forward to diving into it this holiday season, it's nice to have childhood style excitement about video games again. Thank you 3DS and Nintendo!

Check me out on Twitter - @BSlyTheGamerGuy
Check out http://BslyTheGamerGuy.Tumblr.com Updated 1/11/14 SUPER MARIO review for the NES!

Twitter: BSlyTheGamerGuy

AuthorMessage

MoogleMuffins

408. Posted:

Game.co.uk have a special collectors edition available for pre-order now if anyone is interested.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-w...

Currently playing: South Park: The Stick of Truth, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

AuthorMessage

triforcepower73

409. Posted:

I have a question. I already have a 3DS(normal black version) but the ALBW 3DS XL bundle looks REALLY tempting. Should I buy it(if it's even real) for its price of $220 or just stick with my old one. And would I be able to trade my old one in for a lower price on the bundle? (Also my old one has something weird with the d-pad. It has this piece of plastic sticking out from the little crack to the left of the up direction.)

Edited on by triforcepower73

"People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too!"

3DS Friend Code: 1246-9651-1758 | Nintendo Network ID: bryceybryce

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

410. Posted:

@triforcepower73 I say go for it! When I sold my 3ds back to Gamestop last year they bought it back with those bad scratches on it and I didn't say one word! Don't tell them when you trade it in. Its so worth the upgrade too!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

triforcepower73

411. Posted:

Thanks!

"People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too!"

3DS Friend Code: 1246-9651-1758 | Nintendo Network ID: bryceybryce

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

412. Posted:

GameStop is offering a free download code for The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons for all those that preorder ALBW.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/the-legend-of-zeld...

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99 | Twitter: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Blast

413. Posted:

I just watched the video of Aonuma from Nintendolife's article talking about A Link Between Worlds at Comic-Con...
Wow... The way Aonuma laughed and smiled when he was asked about Majora's Mask... That pretty much confirms its coming...and I really think its coming to Wii U AND 3DS.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

BSlyGamerGuy

414. Posted:

I saw the Comic-con video today too, it was awesome and pumped me up for the game. Aonuma seems like a cool dude. :)

Check me out on Twitter - @BSlyTheGamerGuy
Check out http://BslyTheGamerGuy.Tumblr.com Updated 1/11/14 SUPER MARIO review for the NES!

Twitter: BSlyTheGamerGuy

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

415. Posted:

Must be the enemy-fighting place
Untitled
Batter up, Link!
Untitled
A new trailer

The Music of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Edited on by DestinyMan

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

416. Posted:

Those look absolutely awesome. Can't wait to play it!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

417. Posted:

looking better and better! every single time!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

418. Posted:

I really like Hilda's Theme.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

419. Posted:

Sahasrahla talking to Link about Ganon and Yuga.
Untitled
Untitled

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

420. Posted:

Turtle Rock Temple with full audio

1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Miiverse