3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 381 to 400 of 998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

381. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I just noticed this courtesy of Zelda Dunegon.
Untitled

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Majora's Mask 3D!!!!!!!! :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

382. Posted:

Now that I think about it...

Do you think this game may explain why Hyrule went from being a happy green lively place in A Link to the Past to being the barren wasteland full of death that it is in the NES games? (besides the fact that the place is like that because of the limitations of the console blah blah blah)

I mean, the timeline is called "the decline/downfall" and it goes from healthy hyrule to deserted hyrule without explanation.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

383. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Now that I think about it...

Do you think this game may explain why Hyrule went from being a happy green lively place in A Link to the Past to being the barren wasteland full of death that it is in the NES games? (besides the fact that the place is like that because of the limitations of the console blah blah blah)

I remember asking a similar question a while ago. Apparently NES Zelda takes place in just a section of Hyrule abandoned because of Ganon's minions attacking. Or something like that.

Regardless, even as someone that will defend the timeline's existence and relevance, they will never accurately explain overworld differences between games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

384. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Now that I think about it...

Do you think this game may explain why Hyrule went from being a happy green lively place in A Link to the Past to being the barren wasteland full of death that it is in the NES games? (besides the fact that the place is like that because of the limitations of the console blah blah blah)

I mean, the timeline is called "the decline/downfall" and it goes from healthy hyrule to deserted hyrule without explanation.

Thats...very interesting... I thought certain parts of Hyrule went through a dark time because Twilight Princess Link was too busy being a farmboy in his village. LOL. I can see TP Link now... "Man, I just wanna ride Epona and push some goats into a barn. I don't wanna deal with this evil stuff." XD Seriously though... The intro to TP is amazing. drools :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Red_XIII

385. Posted:

This game looks amazing!!!
The new trailer, especially. Wow those puzzles look fun. Wow, the story is intriguing. For a game that began as a sequel to ALTTP (It still is, but now it has more), it sure has stepped it up.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

386. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Now that I think about it...

Do you think this game may explain why Hyrule went from being a happy green lively place in A Link to the Past to being the barren wasteland full of death that it is in the NES games? (besides the fact that the place is like that because of the limitations of the console blah blah blah)

I remember asking a similar question a while ago. Apparently NES Zelda takes place in just a section of Hyrule abandoned because of Ganon's minions attacking. Or something like that.

Regardless, even as someone that will defend the timeline's existence and relevance, they will never accurately explain overworld differences between games.

I guess that's true... Though if you check both maps they kinda match in many places. Mountains, deserts, rivers, there's a temple in 1 where the castle is in alttp, link's house in alttp is at the same location where you start in 1, etc.

If you use your imagination and bend the map from 1 you could say that Kakariko village is under the lost woods and the cementery simply can't be visited in alttp... Or you could leave the map as is and the cementery replaces the village.

The south-most part of the map in alttp seems to be completely new, only the first 2 thirds of the map matches with the one of the first game :P

Just harmless guessing. Sorry lol. It would be cool if they did use this game to link these games more directly.

Maybe you're right and the map from 1 is actually somewhere else.... Like in Holodrum, which is basically a reimagining of the map from 1.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

387. Posted:

I gave up once the "100 years after OOT" game Twilight Princess had the OOT Temple of Time mostly destroyed and in a forest that contains a skull kid.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

388. Posted:

Hyrule is the kind of place where a temple with important relics and a door to another universe can be perfectly relocated, destroyed and reclaimed by nature in less than 100 years.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

389. Posted:

Eiji Aonuma said this game does have a Majora's Mask-related connection near the ending.
Why would the 3DS not have MM3D?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

390. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Eiji Aonuma said this game does have a Majora's Mask-related connection near the ending.
Why would the 3DS not have MM3D?

I would love MM3D. Next to Wind Waker that's my favorite.

BTW, Anyone else think its a bit weird that Japan is holding off on ALBW until the day after Christmas. I mean, we don't have a huge "holiday" shopping season like in some western countries, but still, seems kinda odd.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

391. Posted:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Eiji Aonuma said this game does have a Majora's Mask-related connection near the ending.
Why would the 3DS not have MM3D?

I would love MM3D. Next to Wind Waker that's my favorite.

BTW, Anyone else think its a bit weird that Japan is holding off on ALBW until the day after Christmas. I mean, we don't have a huge "holiday" shopping season like in some western countries, but still, seems kinda odd.

Might have something to do with Zelda selling a bit better in the west but yeah still seems odd! Is there another major release in the next two months from 3rd parties? Sometimes they don't want to cut done the 3rd party games sales with the big releases from Nintendo.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

392. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Eiji Aonuma said this game does have a Majora's Mask-related connection near the ending.
Why would the 3DS not have MM3D?

I would love MM3D. Next to Wind Waker that's my favorite.

BTW, Anyone else think its a bit weird that Japan is holding off on ALBW until the day after Christmas. I mean, we don't have a huge "holiday" shopping season like in some western countries, but still, seems kinda odd.

Might have something to do with Zelda selling a bit better in the west but yeah still seems odd! Is there another major release in the next two months from 3rd parties? Sometimes they don't want to cut done the 3rd party games sales with the big releases from Nintendo.

I always think its interesting when people talk about Zelda selling better in the west. I think it has more to do with population than anything else. Plus, Wind Waker sold fairly well for a remake here. Skyward Sword actually did well though.

I don't actually see a lot of big first party games coming out in the remaining weeks of 2013. There's ALBW on Dec. 26, and then there's Daigasso Band Brothers (a music game that is a sequel to a DS game) on Nov 14, aaaand, thats it for the 3DS, the Wii U had Wii U Party, Mario 3D World, and Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Olympics.

There's a bunch of third party games though, like Sonic Lost World, Danball Senki Wars, the new Metal Max, Cooking Mama 5, a new Taiko Tatsujin for the Wii U, Project Mirai 2, Disney Infinity, and a lot more.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sionyn

393. Posted:

some strange going on regarding the tada chest pre order bonus
game tweets: We have no pre-order bonus to announce but BUT you can be sure we're working with Din, Nayru & Farore to bring you something special…

Sionyn

AuthorMessage
Avatar

FishieFish

394. Posted:

So what does everybody think of the special edition bundle?

Untitled

"No one said you could touch."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CapnPancakes

395. Posted:

I like the design on the outside, but i'm not so keen on the inside. I'm just not sure whether having the inside be gold would detract from the 3D effect at all.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ClockworkMario

396. Posted:

ClockworkMario wrote:

]Have to say I was sorely disappointed in the reveal. Yeah, I've played some 2D Zeldas, but they never "clicked" to me the same way. I feel that the series truly shines in 3D, to me the puzzles are better, aesthetics look cooler and overall I feel more immersed in the world.

Also the way they revealed it irked me. I mean it's one of their big guns and they just show some kinda bland looking tower/dungeon with recycled music. Just look at the way Nintendo revealed Spirit Tracks
Sense of adventure, tidbits of story and awesome, original music. That is how one announces a Zelda game.

Hope it will grow on me, but they'll need to show something more convincing than that.

Figured now's a good time to reflect back to this comment I made when the game was initially announced:

Hmh, what can I say? It still hasn't convinced me totally, though clear enhancements have been made. The gameplay looks a mile bitter and the fragments of story they have shown so far seem interesting. Graphics on the other hand... fairly awful. All the textures look really, really rough and plastic-like. I know most of the game is top-view, but that doesn't excuse shoddy work; Zeldas ought to pull every last drop out of their respective platforms and Link Between Worlds doesn't seem to do so.

Overall lukewarm expectations. I'll probably buy (it is a Zelda after all) but I'm not anxiously waiting for it like I usually do with Zelda-games.
BTW Nintendo still hasn't top that Spirit Tracks trailer above with this game.

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129 | Nintendo Network ID: Soon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CM30

397. Posted:

So, what the hell are you doing GAME UK?

You see, apparently, Nintendo UK said they'll be offering this treasure chest as a pre-order bonus with the game:

But then GAME have come out and announced they won't be giving away a pre-order gift with the game on their Twitter page! Despite Nintendo UK clearly saying the opposite!

You can see both parties tweets here:

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendo3dsnews/wait-game-wont-be...

So who's right here?

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tsuchinoko

398. Posted:

ClockworkMario wrote:

ClockworkMario wrote:

]Have to say I was sorely disappointed in the reveal. Yeah, I've played some 2D Zeldas, but they never "clicked" to me the same way. I feel that the series truly shines in 3D, to me the puzzles are better, aesthetics look cooler and overall I feel more immersed in the world.

Also the way they revealed it irked me. I mean it's one of their big guns and they just show some kinda bland looking tower/dungeon with recycled music. Just look at the way Nintendo revealed Spirit Tracks
Sense of adventure, tidbits of story and awesome, original music. That is how one announces a Zelda game.

Hope it will grow on me, but they'll need to show something more convincing than that.

Figured now's a good time to reflect back to this comment I made when the game was initially announced:

Hmh, what can I say? It still hasn't convinced me totally, though clear enhancements have been made. The gameplay looks a mile bitter and the fragments of story they have shown so far seem interesting. Graphics on the other hand... fairly awful. All the textures look really, really rough and plastic-like. I know most of the game is top-view, but that doesn't excuse shoddy work; Zeldas ought to pull every last drop out of their respective platforms and Link Between Worlds doesn't seem to do so.

Overall lukewarm expectations. I'll probably buy (it is a Zelda after all) but I'm not anxiously waiting for it like I usually do with Zelda-games.
BTW Nintendo still hasn't top that Spirit Tracks trailer above with this game.

I honestly agree with this a little bit. I'm not all that happy with the weird 2.5D graphical style, as I don't think it fits with the top down camera angle. I think things like that work for games like Donkey Kong Country side-scrollers. I actually liked the look of Phantom Hourglass, as it kinda fit with the Wind Waker art style. This to me looks a bit plastic, similar to how Yoshi's New Island looks.

I also wanted to expand a bit more on my earlier reply to, yet again, the comment about how Zelda games never really sell well in Japan. That's just not true. After doing some research, I've found that the handheld Zelda games, including Ocarina 3D, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks actually sold really well. What doesn't seem to sell as well are the console games.

First week sales:
Ocarina of Time - 480,064
Majora's Mask - 393,081
Wind Waker - 362,811
A Link to the Past - 318,461
Phantom Hourglass - 304,610
Spirit Tracks - 291,496
Skyward Sword - 198,719
Ocarina of Time 3D - 166,365
Twilight Princess - 146,367
Wind Waker HD - 30,770

Now for some current sales to compare, Grand Theft Auto V took 2nd place to Pokemon X/Y this week selling 360,000 copies. Monster Hunter 4's weekly total is 110,208. The new Tales of Symphonia debuted at #4 with 77,000.

I'd say these numbers show that Zelda games actually do quite well, and in recent years the handheld games have kept that trend going.

It seems that when people say that Zelda games don't do well, that they are basing that on the fact that Twilight Princess's poor sales. Of course, the really low sales for Wind Waker HD are down there amongst the worst for the series. Compare that with the original Wind Waker sales. quite below 10% in comparison with its first week sales. And the fact that Twilight Princess sold less than Ocarina of Time 3D says quite a lot.

But looking at the fact that the DS Zelda games outsold all of the recent home console games tells us that the trend of saying that they don't perform well in Japan (based on sales in relation to copies made and monetary sales, not actual numbers as that would be unfair simply for the fact that Japan's population is nowhere near America's). I'm quite sure that A Link Between Worlds will continue this, and I'll be there to get my own copy on day one.

Of course, these sales don't compare at all with Pokemon and Monster Hunter, but really, what else does other than the occasional Mario game?

Oh, and just for reference:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) - 423,075
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U) - 166,572

Both released the same year.

Edited on by Tsuchinoko

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. Largate de aqui Dark Pit! ブラックピット出ていけ!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

399. Posted:

@Tsuchinoko That actually surprises me on the sales of Zelda and just confirms my point even more so that it sells better in the west. Also your top 4 are all console games and not hand held! With sales like Monster hunter, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing all over 3 million or soon to be Zelda is trailing FAR behind! Yes those sales are not bad just not what I expected!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bulbousaur

400. Posted:

I'm buying this game at launch simply for the Majora's Mask 3D hype. Who knows, maybe they'll put in an after-credits teaser trailer!

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur