3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 361 to 380 of 998

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

361. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

The whole renting items thing is still kind of...unsavory to me. It sounds like Mr. Anouma is changing things just for the sake of change to be honest.

This game is going to be based on the Link to the Past Map. Most gamers these days can finish that game in 5-10 hours. By making it non linear and forcing you to go back to certain dungeons (because you won't have all the kit first time around), I'm betting the game will stretch out to 30-40 hours.

It's a sneaky trick, but in the long run will make you feel you've been given more bang for your buck.

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?

AuthorMessage

RR529

362. Posted:

Also, shouldn't Ravio be Rabio (After all, Rabio sounds closer to Rabbit, which he's dressed like).

Just like the how the "L" sound is often replaceable with the "R" sound when translating Japanese (as there's no "L" sound in the language), there is also no "V" sound traditionally found in Japanese, being replaceable with the "B" sound.

This leads me to believe that Rabio was the original intent of his creators (to assossiate him with Rabbit), but for some reason the English translators chose to go with the Ravio translation.

This reminds me of Vaati all over again (Vaati = Baati, which sounds similar to Batty. His transformations often feature bat-like wings).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

363. Posted:

@MrGawain But couldn't the story suffer because of the non linearacy? I mean it's kind of hard to form a narrative when you don't know what order people are doing stuff in. Sure it worked for the original Zelda, but that was back before games needed deep stories.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

CM30

364. Posted:

Games still don't need deep stories. Also, Ocarina of Time was a pretty open ended game for the second half (you could do the temples in almost any order), yet it's the best game in the franchise. Being open ended will cause no issues here.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

ZeldaSuperFan19

365. Posted:

I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time 3D hoping to beat it for the 48th time in a row. And yes I do agree with CM30 Ocarina of Time is open ended for there was no order in to which you had to complete the temples. I beat the water temple before I beat the fire temple when I first started playing it. It took me 7 months to beat the game the first time because I didn't know how to beat the bosses and got stuck for 4 months on Barinade until my brother came in and helped me beat him :/ But now I know what to do. Anyways Games don't need deep stories, open endings are good, and et cetera et cetera.

3DS Friend code: 1349-4641-2415
Currently playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

AuthorMessage

justlink

366. Posted:

wat will happen is probably you complete 3 dungeons (any order), piece of story, another 3, more story. Or somethin like that

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage

MrGawain

367. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@MrGawain But couldn't the story suffer because of the non linearacy? I mean it's kind of hard to form a narrative when you don't know what order people are doing stuff in. Sure it worked for the original Zelda, but that was back before games needed deep stories.

Zelda games usually have 10-20 set points in the narrative that join the dots between the levels, you don't normally have much narrative during the dungeons. It could be a case that if you had to chose between 3 dungeons, after each dungeon you could see a set piece with the villain saying you won't get the other 2 items which doesn't realy go into much detail about what you've done before, yada yada yada...

I don't think Zelda has ever had a very deep story beyond the traditional clichés, and Link doesn't really grow as a character in the way other protagonists do. It's not like he has moments of doubt or weakness, or loses power- He generally just drives forward to his goal. This is like most of Nintendo's output, because they very cleverly don't make anything too detailed so it's easy to translate across the globe- it's also the reason we don't hear voice acting above a few ums and ahs and grunts.

As long as Nintendo produce great gameplay, limited narrative does not matter one iota.

Edited on by MrGawain

Smash Bros: who would win in a fight between Pikmin, Pacman, and Pokémon?

AuthorMessage

Henmii

368. Posted:

"Why would having "only" 10 dungeons make it short?"

Here I go again: The game plays quick! And with that I mean: The movement is quick, the attacking is quick! In retrospective, everything in Alttp took longer, because of the slippery controls! Unless Nintendo makes the dungeons long and hard, I could see myself finishing this game very quickly!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

369. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

"Why would having "only" 10 dungeons make it short?"

Here I go again: The game plays quick! And with that I mean: The movement is quick, the attacking is quick! In retrospective, everything in Alttp took longer, because of the slippery controls! Unless Nintendo makes the dungeons long and hard, I could see myself finishing this game very quickly!

What makes you think they won't be, though? They have less limitations and more time to work on it than the DS entries, which were the only entries in the series that I've seen have short dungeons. Even Minish Cap had some fairly long dungeons as I recall. And no, A Link to the Past wasn't longer because of the controls. Some of those dungeons were seriously massive. Again, I have the strategy guides for a bunch of Zelda games, and at least 3 of those dungeons were huge, spanning quite a few pages. If they're trying to emulate that game, I highly doubt they'll skimp at all on the dungeon front.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Henmii

370. Posted:

I agree that Alttp had some big dungeons!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

justlink

371. Posted:

yes, and, the 3ds is stronger than Snes and N64 if you hadnt noticed. Its probably a strong as the gamecube, maybe more, so i hope its a big game

Hi

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

372. Posted:

MrGawain wrote:

This game is going to be based on the Link to the Past Map. Most gamers these days can finish that game in 5-10 hours.

Untitled

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

373. Posted:

I love this pic.
Untitled

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

374. Posted:

I just noticed this courtesy of Zelda Dunegon.
Untitled

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

375. Posted:

that last trailer messed up my head... now I don't know if I should get Zelda or Pokémon for christmas... and yes I can get only one of the two... O.o

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

376. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

that last trailer messed up my head... now I don't know if I should get Zelda or Pokémon for christmas... and yes I can get only one of the two... O.o

I'd probably go with Pokemon, just for how long it will be.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

justlink

377. Posted:

note: Hilda hired the main villain. If you watch carefully, u see the villain kidnap picture zelda. At the end, Hildas talking to the painting, saying she wants the Link to save Lorule, and letting Hyrule corrupt like her kingdom did. Zelda being kidnapped is only to convince to follow

Hi

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

378. Posted:

MAN1AC wrote:

I love this pic.
Untitled

Hello new phone wallpaper!

And also, that new trailer made me really interested in this again! Hate link's model, but everything else looks great!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

379. Posted:

I had no clue who that witch was at first when I posted the artwork of her earlier. I guess as a new villain she'll have some sort of connection to Ganon.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

380. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I had no clue who that witch was at first when I posted the artwork of her earlier. I guess as a new villain she'll have some sort of connection to Ganon.

What if she's the evil queen of an ancient race of barely dressed male-only warriors where a single female is born every X years and she must become their queen.
They may or may not live in a desert or a similar setting and she may or may not have been raised by two evil mages.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok