Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 951

Blast

Morphtorok wrote:

Sneaky majora's mask mention...

MAJORAS MASK 3D CONFIRMED.

^ THIS!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TwilightV

The game looks great. My only concern is the huge emphasis on Rupee collecting.

TwilightV

CanisWolfred

Blastoise-san wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

Sneaky majora's mask mention...

MAJORAS MASK 3D CONFIRMED.

^ THIS!!!

Huh? I read the whole article twice, and I didn't see anything that even aludes to Majora's Mask 3D being in production. I thought Morphtorok was simply joking...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

TwilightV wrote:

The game looks great. My only concern is the huge emphasis on Rupee collecting.

As a Rupee hoarder, I personally welcome a game that will utilize my obsession skills.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Justlink

or its like, u get it at the beginning. But, if u dont get anything in dungeons, it seems worthless to do them. Maybe, ravio wants something in the dungeon, and in exchange he'll make an item available for sale

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

RevolverLink

You wouldn't beat the dungeons to, you know, just have fun beating the dungeons?

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Justlink

dont get me wrong, but wat i mean is, theres always a reason to beat a dungeon, i just want to know y. Like majoras mask-release a giant. twilight Princess- Twilight Pieces. A Link to the Past-pendants and maidens. See?

Eel

RevolverLink wrote:

You wouldn't beat the dungeons to, you know, just have fun beating the dungeons?

Ok Link, I need you to go to these dungeons, raid them and kill all the beings living there... Why? For fun of course!
Theres nothing important in the dungeons and the monsters there mean no harm to us... But there's nothing more fun than killing the last members of an ancient species!

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Justlink

Morphtorok wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Ok Link, I need you to go to these dungeons, raid them and kill all the beings living there... Why? For fun of course!
Theres nothing important in the dungeons and the monsters there mean no harm to us... But there's nothing more fun than killing the last members of an ancient species!

i see ur point.

shingi_70

TheLilK98 wrote:

The whole renting items thing is still kind of...unsavory to me. It sounds like Mr. Anouma is changing things just for the sake of change to be honest.

Nah he's experimenting to see how much he can change the Zelda formula. Personally the perfect Zelda formula is something in between

The Legend of Zelda nes
Majora's Mask
Fable II
Xenoblade
Skyrim

I think taking elements from each of the these games probably has the best of what a modern Zelda should. I wonder if they're going to try implementing Mulitplayer into a mainline Zelda in a meaningful way.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MrGawain

TheLilK98 wrote:

The whole renting items thing is still kind of...unsavory to me. It sounds like Mr. Anouma is changing things just for the sake of change to be honest.

This game is going to be based on the Link to the Past Map. Most gamers these days can finish that game in 5-10 hours. By making it non linear and forcing you to go back to certain dungeons (because you won't have all the kit first time around), I'm betting the game will stretch out to 30-40 hours.

It's a sneaky trick, but in the long run will make you feel you've been given more bang for your buck.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

RR529

Also, shouldn't Ravio be Rabio (After all, Rabio sounds closer to Rabbit, which he's dressed like).

Just like the how the "L" sound is often replaceable with the "R" sound when translating Japanese (as there's no "L" sound in the language), there is also no "V" sound traditionally found in Japanese, being replaceable with the "B" sound.

This leads me to believe that Rabio was the original intent of his creators (to assossiate him with Rabbit), but for some reason the English translators chose to go with the Ravio translation.

This reminds me of Vaati all over again (Vaati = Baati, which sounds similar to Batty. His transformations often feature bat-like wings).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheLilK98

@MrGawain But couldn't the story suffer because of the non linearacy? I mean it's kind of hard to form a narrative when you don't know what order people are doing stuff in. Sure it worked for the original Zelda, but that was back before games needed deep stories.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

CM30

Games still don't need deep stories. Also, Ocarina of Time was a pretty open ended game for the second half (you could do the temples in almost any order), yet it's the best game in the franchise. Being open ended will cause no issues here.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

ZeldaSuperFan19

I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time 3D hoping to beat it for the 48th time in a row. And yes I do agree with CM30 Ocarina of Time is open ended for there was no order in to which you had to complete the temples. I beat the water temple before I beat the fire temple when I first started playing it. It took me 7 months to beat the game the first time because I didn't know how to beat the bosses and got stuck for 4 months on Barinade until my brother came in and helped me beat him :/ But now I know what to do. Anyways Games don't need deep stories, open endings are good, and et cetera et cetera.

3DS Friend code: 1349-4641-2415
Currently playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D

Justlink

wat will happen is probably you complete 3 dungeons (any order), piece of story, another 3, more story. Or somethin like that

MrGawain

TheLilK98 wrote:

@MrGawain But couldn't the story suffer because of the non linearacy? I mean it's kind of hard to form a narrative when you don't know what order people are doing stuff in. Sure it worked for the original Zelda, but that was back before games needed deep stories.

Zelda games usually have 10-20 set points in the narrative that join the dots between the levels, you don't normally have much narrative during the dungeons. It could be a case that if you had to chose between 3 dungeons, after each dungeon you could see a set piece with the villain saying you won't get the other 2 items which doesn't realy go into much detail about what you've done before, yada yada yada...

I don't think Zelda has ever had a very deep story beyond the traditional clichés, and Link doesn't really grow as a character in the way other protagonists do. It's not like he has moments of doubt or weakness, or loses power- He generally just drives forward to his goal. This is like most of Nintendo's output, because they very cleverly don't make anything too detailed so it's easy to translate across the globe- it's also the reason we don't hear voice acting above a few ums and ahs and grunts.

As long as Nintendo produce great gameplay, limited narrative does not matter one iota.

Edited on by MrGawain

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.