3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 321 to 340 of 998

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

321. Posted:

With all the games I have yet to finish this will take priority when it comes out! Its been far to long since the last handheld Zelda was released!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

322. Posted:

Really looking forward to this.

I wonder how they'll handle the dungeons in this one, though. I love ALttP, but the one thing I don't care for in older Zelda games is that the dungeons don't feel like organic parts of the game world.

Unlike the dungeons in newer Zelda games (like the Goron Mines, Jabu Jabu's Belly, & City in the Sky) which are really designed around their specific themes and have an understandable history of why they're there, most of the dungeons in older games feel like they're just there to be there, and instead of having their own unique themes, usually just recolor tile sets, & feature harder puzzles that don't tie into one particular theme (except for some fire or water hazards in a water or fire dungeon).

Minish Cap managed to have organic dungeons that fit specific themes though, so I'm sure they can do it here, too.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

323. Posted:

Crap, I forgot to pre-order this. Will hopefully remember when I go pick up Pokemon...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

324. Posted:

The whole balance between renting and buying items is definitely something I'd like to hear more about. Renting itself looks cheap enough, but is there a time limit on rentals? Can you only rent a limited number of items at a time? How much more expensive is it to buy the items outright? How frequently will Link come across rupees in his adventure?

As much as I love hearing about how much more open this adventure will be, I would prefer not to break the pacing of the game just to grind for cash.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

325. Posted:

Just thought I'd share some things.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

326. Posted:

Ok so now we have a Zelda and an anti-Zelda named Hilda.

Makes me wonder if they will introduce a character named Sabrina or Salem lol.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

327. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Henmii

328. Posted:

Okay, I have to admit that the artwork looks nice! And who's that guy with the paintbrush?! The villain of this game? It probably also has to do with Links wallpainting ability! And: So there is a dark world Zelda, called Hilda?! That means there's also a dark world Ganondorf and Link, wich could make things a little more interesting!

But I have to say I am pretty worried, and here's why:

-It's a sequel to one of my least favorite Zelda's
-The graphics aren't very strong
-Every item works with the magic meter that fills up again over time, so you never need to collect arrows, bombs etc
-The overworld is the same
-No more items in dungeons. I appreciate that they want to give us more freedom, but one of the charms was finding certain items in dungeons. Besides, if all the items are available at shops, wouldn't that mean that every area is accesable with every item? Or that every puzzle can be solved/every boss can be defeated with every item? It would give you freedom in the way you play, but could also make the game less magical (and easy).
-Are there any new items? I know you can't create new items forever, but so far we only saw returning ones! Hopefully they are used in new, interesting ways! So far the only new mechanic that we saw was the wallpainting!
-Bosses: What if all the bosses would be old ones? We already saw Moldorm, and in one of the trailers we saw the face of the Helmasaur! I hope we also see new bosses!
-The game plays quick wich is nice, but could potentially shorten the game drastically! Especially if it's super easy!

Of course I'll buy the game to try it for myself, but so far it feels like a quickly thrown together Zelda! A fun little time-waster, but far from a epic! After Phantom hourglass and Spirit tracks (wich where great, especially the latter) I expected more!!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

329. Posted:

@Henmii -the game is harder we want that..you have not been here long have you
-there will most likely new bosses in the new world
-why would it be short?
-its a 3ds do you expect the graphics to be in HD and its the art style
-the overworld is slightly different if you look at comparison videos plus its top down veiw plus you can go on walls now
-what does it having to be a sequel have anything to do with it technically every zelda game is a prequel or/and a sequel

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Henmii

330. Posted:

When did you hear that the game is harder (then alttp)? I never heard it! To me it looks easy! Sure there are some overworld differences, but it's almost the same! How long have you been here? The graphics look like they are made by some fans, not Nintendo professionals! The 3DS can do much better (just look at Kid icarus uprising, Luigi's mansion 2, etc)! Also, this is the first PROPER sequel. And they chose exactly one of my least favorite Zelda's! I much rather had a sequel to Minish cap! Or even better, a Zelda that isn't a proper sequel to any Zelda! As for the lenght: Alttp had 10 (or so) dungeons, right? Lets say that the sequel also has 10 dungeons (it won't be 20, that's unreasonable). Wouldn't this game be very short then, if it's so quick?!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

331. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

But I have to say I am pretty worried, and here's why:

-It's a sequel to one of my least favorite Zelda's

Aaaaand we're done here.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

332. Posted:

@Henmii
-watch the direct they said its less leaner(more harder in a way as you get to explore more)
-You should not judge nintendo art style i like it and thats your opinion
-Plus have you played the game???
-I think they will add maybe 1 or 2 more dungeons
-now with the wall paintings you can explore more right!!!so maybe new areas that was not their before
-plus now with the second triforce that means a new story line, new areas and new bosses
-off course the area would be similar, and of course some bosses will come back it takes place,i dont remember but centuries after Alttp
-plus you dont have to buy the game :)

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

Henmii

333. Posted:

I'll just wait and see, like everyone else!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

334. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but am I the only one who thinks that the boy in the middle resembles the flute boy from A Link to the Past?

Untitled

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

335. Posted:

RevolverLink wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but am I the only one who thinks that the boy in the middle resembles the flute boy from A Link to the Past?

Untitled

His dad, though....
Untitled

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

336. Posted:

@Henmii To each his own I guess as I didn't think the DS offerings were that great. The weakest of all the zeldas IMO!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

RR529

337. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

for the lenght: Alttp had 10 (or so) dungeons, right? Lets say that the sequel also has 10 dungeons (it won't be 20, that's unreasonable). Wouldn't this game be very short then, if it's so quick?!

Why would having "only" 10 dungeons make it short? From what I've played:

ALttP - 10 Dungeons
TP - 9 Dungeons
OoT - 9 Dungeons
LADX - 8 Dungeons
OoS - 8 Dungeons
PH - either 7 or 8 Dungeons
ST - 6 Dungeons
MC - 6 Dungeons

Even if it only has 10 dungeons, that still puts it above most other Zelda games.

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

338. Posted:

A Link to the Past had more like 20 Dungeons IIRC. Didn't they have separate Dark World and Light World dungeons, plus The Pyramid, Zelda's Palace, and the 3 starter levels?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

339. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

A Link to the Past had more like 20 Dungeons IIRC. Didn't they have separate Dark World and Light World dungeons, plus The Pyramid, Zelda's Palace, and the 3 starter levels?

For main dungeons the light world had 3 (where you got the pendants), & the dark world had 7 (where you rescued the descendants of the 7 wise men/sages), which totals 10.

The Dark Pyramid only consisted of the Ganon fight, so I don't really consider it a dungeon.

Other than that, it had a few mini dungeons, I suppose (all within the castle in the light world). The castle's dungeon (where Zelda is being held in the beginning), the sewer (behind the throne), & Anganhim's lair (the top of the castle). Since all these locations are in the same building, I guess you could count it as an 11th dungeon (albiet an unorthodox one).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CM30

340. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Sort of. They had three Light World dungeons, Hyrule Castle, about 6 or so Dark World dungeons, the Pyramid of Power and in the GBA version, the Palace of the Four Sword.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189