3DS Forum

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Showing 301 to 320 of 975

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

301. Posted:

I hope the dark triforce is a sign of girahim coming back(he IS kind of a dark master sword) or since capcom and nintendo a making a collaboration they could bring Vaati back to commemorate!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Lionhart

302. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

And I guess Gold must be Nintendo's new color for Zelda.

many old Zelda games had gold colored stuff..... I think they've stopped it when the DS came around and colored Catridges were gone for good(I miss my REALLY colored pokemon games)

I think it's a Marketing Dialback to the good old retro days. Zelda A Link Between Worlds is a game that is taking the Zelda franchise back to it's old school roots and Ocarina of Time 3D also was a classic recalled for a new generation and in a way the same goes for Wind Waker and so I think the golden cases are merited. I certainly hope that Nintendo gets a Zelda ABW demo up soon in the eShop because I'm soooooo excited.

Lionhart

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

303. Posted:

A demo is probably 50 50 as they don't always do a demo for first party games. It would nice but I'm sure they think Zelda is a stand alone game and doesn't need a demo unlike FE:A and Mario and Luigi's. Only one other 1st party game I'm aware of even had a demo!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Lionhart

304. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

A demo is probably 50 50 as they don't always do a demo for first party games. It would nice but I'm sure they think Zelda is a stand alone game and doesn't need a demo unlike FE:A and Mario and Luigi's. Only one other 1st party game I'm aware of even had a demo!

More than likely you're right. I didn't expect Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon to get a demo either and nope, it didn't get a demo at all.

Lionhart

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

305. Posted:

Lionhart wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

More than likely you're right. I didn't expect Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon to get a demo either and nope, it didn't get a demo at all.

Trust me I don't want to be right. Ill take a demo of every game all companies release!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Romeo

306. Posted:

ok, so i've got a question...
i dont need any opinions, just an answer to my question with a source

so..A Link Between Worlds is the sequel to ALttP - at least that's what Nintendo is saying

is it confirmed that the story from ALttP will continue in this sequel? is it a "real" sequel? will i need to play ALttP before playing this game to understand what's going on?
will the story from Link Between Worlds spoil the ALttP story?

or is it more like.... "yea, it's the same map... but a different story" type of thing?
i really do want to play ALttP, but im waiting for a 3DS VC version of it, so i was wondering if i could go ahead and play A Link Between Worlds first without ruining my ALttP experience?

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

Sheikah_stone1

307. Posted:

Romeo wrote:

ok, so i've got a question...
i dont need any opinions, just an answer to my question with a source

so..A Link Between Worlds is the sequel to ALttP - at least that's what Nintendo is saying

is it confirmed that the story from ALttP will continue in this sequel? is it a "real" sequel? will i need to play ALttP before playing this game to understand what's going on?
will the story from Link Between Worlds spoil the ALttP story?

or is it more like.... "yea, it's the same map... but a different story" type of thing?
i really do want to play ALttP, but im waiting for a 3DS VC version of it, so i was wondering if i could go ahead and play A Link Between Worlds first without ruining my ALttP experience?

It's not really a sequel... It's only confirmed that it's somewhere after ALttP, for those who are interested in the ''The Legend of Zelda timeline''. But you can play every Zelda game seperatly if you want, they're usely a story apart :)

But why not play ALttP first? if you like it, you'll probably like A Link between worlds too

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage

Romeo

308. Posted:

i will like every Zelda game and i liked every Zelda game i've played so far, that's for sure
the only reason i haven't played ALttP yet is because im waiting for a 3DS VC version...

there are a few old Zelda games which i have never played or just not finished.. and i'd like to play them all, but at a later time... one after another - those oldschool games
but right now im not in the mood for that, i'd like to play new games! ^^

thank you!

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

AuthorMessage

CM30

309. Posted:

To be precise, it's set in the same 'world' as Link to the Past (as in, Hyrule only a few years after Link to the Past took place, so the geography is mostly the same) and it'll probably have lots of similarities and call backs to Link to the Past... but you probably won't have to play Link to the Past to figure out what's going on.

Indeed, maybe you'll even get a nice recap at the beginning or something.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

unrandomsam

310. Posted:

I think they will kill the difficulty of this. (What is wrong with making a game that is harder than the one previously. Like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time this should be to a Link to the Past).

So much that compromises for new players. Or if there is a Master Quest let me play it the first time through I think I would enjoy it much more that way.

unrandomsam

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

311. Posted:

unrandomsam wrote:

I think they will kill the difficulty of this. (What is wrong with making a game that is harder than the one previously. Like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time this should be to a Link to the Past).

So much that compromises for new players. Or if there is a Master Quest let me play it the first time through I think I would enjoy it much more that way.

I sure hope they give the choice to star in the "hard" mode instead of playing it once before unlocking(it kills the joy, I find myself unable to jump right in the hero/hard/masterquest mode since the whole story is still fresh in my memory)

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

312. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

I sure hope they give the choice to star in the "hard" mode instead of playing it once before unlocking(it kills the joy, I find myself unable to jump right in the hero/hard/masterquest mode since the whole story is still fresh in my memory)

Same, I still haven't even started Skyward Sword's hero mode for some reason, and I've had it since release.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

CM30

313. Posted:

Err, call me unattentive if you must, but where's it been suggested this game will be easier than its predecessor?

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us and this game will actually be harder than Link to the Past on SNES...

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

314. Posted:

So what does everyone think of the new changes to the Zelda Formula. I'm a bit conflicted as I feel it takes the adventure of finding items in dungeons. Id go with a half step with Items you can buy, but others you have to get from dungeons and then you have the choice to upgrade them or not. Add in a few smaller dugeons with upgrades like from Link's Awakening and it should be good.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CM30

315. Posted:

I'm fine with it. Gives us less linearity and more choice.

Reminds me of the first NES Zelda game.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

316. Posted:

I'll give Nintendo a lot of credit. They're one of the only big gaming companies making a game that is non-linear without trying to go open world. We need more of that.

Honestly, I won't say I'm super excited about this Zelda or anything, but I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. Maybe like it more than the original even.

Though I'm amused that one of their big announcements with this game is that "no, it is a different character than Nabbit". I'm not sure what's more amusing, that that was an announcement at all or that unconfirming connection with a Mario game would be a good idea. That was weird.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

WebHead

317. Posted:

Princess Zelda in this game is ADAWWABLE!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Blast

318. Posted:

I hope this game gets a demo. Kid Icarus: Uprising's first chapter would have been a great demo to get more people's attention. Luigi's Mansion 3D's first level also would have been a great demo to get more people's attention. Sonic Lost World really needs a demo. I really hope we get one soon so I can decide should I buy it on day one or not. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds could benefit from a demo just to give a tiny taste on how the game is.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

WebHead

319. Posted:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/10039237563/in/set-...

Zelda is being cute and nobody can stop her!

Zelda and Mario...darn you Nintendo.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

320. Posted:

This game looks so cool... renting items sounds like a cool concept, but I do wonder if there will still be items in dungeons.

Red_XIII