Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 951

Nimsie

Romeo wrote:

ok, so i've got a question...
i dont need any opinions, just an answer to my question with a source

so..A Link Between Worlds is the sequel to ALttP - at least that's what Nintendo is saying

is it confirmed that the story from ALttP will continue in this sequel? is it a "real" sequel? will i need to play ALttP before playing this game to understand what's going on?
will the story from Link Between Worlds spoil the ALttP story?

or is it more like.... "yea, it's the same map... but a different story" type of thing?
i really do want to play ALttP, but im waiting for a 3DS VC version of it, so i was wondering if i could go ahead and play A Link Between Worlds first without ruining my ALttP experience?

It's not really a sequel... It's only confirmed that it's somewhere after ALttP, for those who are interested in the ''The Legend of Zelda timeline''. But you can play every Zelda game seperatly if you want, they're usely a story apart

But why not play ALttP first? if you like it, you'll probably like A Link between worlds too

Nimsie

Romeo

i will like every Zelda game and i liked every Zelda game i've played so far, that's for sure
the only reason i haven't played ALttP yet is because im waiting for a 3DS VC version...

there are a few old Zelda games which i have never played or just not finished.. and i'd like to play them all, but at a later time... one after another - those oldschool games
but right now im not in the mood for that, i'd like to play new games! ^^

thank you!

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

CM30

To be precise, it's set in the same 'world' as Link to the Past (as in, Hyrule only a few years after Link to the Past took place, so the geography is mostly the same) and it'll probably have lots of similarities and call backs to Link to the Past... but you probably won't have to play Link to the Past to figure out what's going on.

Indeed, maybe you'll even get a nice recap at the beginning or something.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

unrandomsam

I think they will kill the difficulty of this. (What is wrong with making a game that is harder than the one previously. Like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time this should be to a Link to the Past).

So much that compromises for new players. Or if there is a Master Quest let me play it the first time through I think I would enjoy it much more that way.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

GuSolarFlare

unrandomsam wrote:

I think they will kill the difficulty of this. (What is wrong with making a game that is harder than the one previously. Like Majora's Mask was to Ocarina of Time this should be to a Link to the Past).

So much that compromises for new players. Or if there is a Master Quest let me play it the first time through I think I would enjoy it much more that way.

I sure hope they give the choice to star in the "hard" mode instead of playing it once before unlocking(it kills the joy, I find myself unable to jump right in the hero/hard/masterquest mode since the whole story is still fresh in my memory)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

TheLilK98

GuSilverFlame wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

I sure hope they give the choice to star in the "hard" mode instead of playing it once before unlocking(it kills the joy, I find myself unable to jump right in the hero/hard/masterquest mode since the whole story is still fresh in my memory)

Same, I still haven't even started Skyward Sword's hero mode for some reason, and I've had it since release.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

CM30

Err, call me unattentive if you must, but where's it been suggested this game will be easier than its predecessor?

Maybe Nintendo will surprise us and this game will actually be harder than Link to the Past on SNES...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

shingi_70

So what does everyone think of the new changes to the Zelda Formula. I'm a bit conflicted as I feel it takes the adventure of finding items in dungeons. Id go with a half step with Items you can buy, but others you have to get from dungeons and then you have the choice to upgrade them or not. Add in a few smaller dugeons with upgrades like from Link's Awakening and it should be good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

I'll give Nintendo a lot of credit. They're one of the only big gaming companies making a game that is non-linear without trying to go open world. We need more of that.

Honestly, I won't say I'm super excited about this Zelda or anything, but I think it's gonna be a lot of fun. Maybe like it more than the original even.

Though I'm amused that one of their big announcements with this game is that "no, it is a different character than Nabbit". I'm not sure what's more amusing, that that was an announcement at all or that unconfirming connection with a Mario game would be a good idea. That was weird.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WebHead

Princess Zelda in this game is ADAWWABLE!

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Blast

I hope this game gets a demo. Kid Icarus: Uprising's first chapter would have been a great demo to get more people's attention. Luigi's Mansion 3D's first level also would have been a great demo to get more people's attention. Sonic Lost World really needs a demo. I really hope we get one soon so I can decide should I buy it on day one or not. Zelda: A Link Between Worlds could benefit from a demo just to give a tiny taste on how the game is.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Red_XIII

This game looks so cool... renting items sounds like a cool concept, but I do wonder if there will still be items in dungeons.

Red_XIII

Spoony_Tech

With all the games I have yet to finish this will take priority when it comes out! Its been far to long since the last handheld Zelda was released!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

Really looking forward to this.

I wonder how they'll handle the dungeons in this one, though. I love ALttP, but the one thing I don't care for in older Zelda games is that the dungeons don't feel like organic parts of the game world.

Unlike the dungeons in newer Zelda games (like the Goron Mines, Jabu Jabu's Belly, & City in the Sky) which are really designed around their specific themes and have an understandable history of why they're there, most of the dungeons in older games feel like they're just there to be there, and instead of having their own unique themes, usually just recolor tile sets, & feature harder puzzles that don't tie into one particular theme (except for some fire or water hazards in a water or fire dungeon).

Minish Cap managed to have organic dungeons that fit specific themes though, so I'm sure they can do it here, too.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RevolverLink

The whole balance between renting and buying items is definitely something I'd like to hear more about. Renting itself looks cheap enough, but is there a time limit on rentals? Can you only rent a limited number of items at a time? How much more expensive is it to buy the items outright? How frequently will Link come across rupees in his adventure?

As much as I love hearing about how much more open this adventure will be, I would prefer not to break the pacing of the game just to grind for cash.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Eel

Ok so now we have a Zelda and an anti-Zelda named Hilda.

Makes me wonder if they will introduce a character named Sabrina or Salem lol.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.