Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 261 to 280 of 951

Lionhart

feline2 wrote:

@TheLilK98 he meant generations like 100 years or more

Didn't Mr. Iwata say that it was a "different Link from FAR in the future?" So I guess Link is like Budda in terms of the going and coming incarnate?

Lionhart

Sleepingmudkip

@Lionhart here Untitled its hard to understand but like skyward link is diffrent from minish cap link its very hard to understand

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

shingi_70

@TheLilK98

Zelda U. We already know a bit about albw's timeline placement. For Zelda U i'm hoping something more stand alone with only a few references to past games. I really hope thy go with the tech demo arty style for the next game as well. There's something about the Traditional European style that I really like from OOT and TP.
Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spoony_Tech

Sony_70 wrote:

@TheLilK98

Zelda U. We already know a bit about albw's timeline placement. For Zelda U i'm hoping something more stand alone with only a few references to past games. I really hope thy go with the tech demo arty style for the next game as well. There's something about the Traditional European style that I really like from OOT and TP.
Untitled

I will cry if they don't use that art style!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kewlan

@Spoony_Tech I think they said they were going for something between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess... something like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Lionhart

Kewlan wrote:

@Spoony_Tech I think they said they were going for something between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess... something like that.

That's really cool! I loved what I did get to play of Skyward Sword! It was a like watercolor come to life. I haven't gotten to play Twilight Princess yet but I certainly going to pick it up when I buy a WiiU at Black Friday. On the otherhand, I sure do hope that ZeldaU teaser image isn't simply a teaser. If the game looks like that it will be a mindblowing experience. Reminds me of Skyrim.

Lionhart

Mytoemytoe

Link Between Worlds really blew me away in the latest Nintendo direct. They're using the graphical capabilities of the 3DS really well and making effects that really pop on the screen, that fire weapon looks awesome and the dash looked hilarious.

Can they make puzzles that are satisfying in a way that doesn't completely mimic the first game's mirror component? I'm excited! A true, D-pad oriented top-down Zelda with map and inventory on the bottom touch screen. Pretty sure that's it, game over, every other game developer can just go home. Naw, they've got to do a great job with the puzzles and making the levels fresh again. It's a gutsy move to make a sequel to one of the most beloved games of all time but I believe in Nintendo.

Mytoemytoe

Nintendo Network ID: mytoemytoe | Twitter:

Lionhart

@Mytoemytoe, I am genuinely excited about using those Pegasus Boots. Hopefully, when we reserve Zelda ALBW we'll get a download code for A Link To The Past as I've never actually played the game but always wanted to.

On a sidenote, I also wish that Princess Zelda would be playable in a Zelda game at LEAST for just one phase of the game even. It'd be cool if we got a Zelda game where Link wasn't the hero but on the flipside was the dudesel in distress and Princess Zelda was the hero. Gosh, to play as Sheik Zelda would be the bomb.

Lionhart

Lionhart

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Lionhart That's already happened. and trust me, it wasn't pretty.

What video game did it happen in? Spirit Tracks is the only game I remember seeing advertised on TV in which Zelda was playable.

Lionhart

Joeynator3000

[quote=Sony_70]

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@TheLilK98

I will cry if they don't use that art style!

Honestly I was hoping they would do this for the Wii game, not that I hate Skyward Sword's visuals...but seeing another realistic-looking Zalda on that system would've been cool. Hopefully it'll happen this time. Give cel-shading a little break here and there Nintendo. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Lionhart

Morphtorok wrote:

I think he means the CD-i games.

Okay, so I googled that and it looked horrifically bad. That isn't what I was getting to at all.
Something like this below is in order.
Untitled

Edited on by Lionhart

Lionhart

Lionhart

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Erica_Hartmann So I guess Twiilight princess wasn't realistic?

Although I haven't really seriously played Twilight Princess for lack of a Wii or a WiiU yet I love it and it's art style. I HATE this whole "make video games ultra-reallistic" for crying out loud. Crap that. Video games are just that! A video game. Video games are supposed to be fun. I don't want video games to all look like Call of Duty or Tomb Raider Reborn. I prefer video games to be video games and artsy like Skyward Sword is with it's watercolor style or stylized and painterly like Muramasa The Demon Blade or funky like The World Ends With You or dreamy/nightmareish like Bayonetta or anime-ish like Blade and Soul and Catherine but not realistic.
Personally, the reason I like Code of Princess, Dragon's Crown and Zelda: Twilight Princess is because they are so very artsy and anime-ish. Link comes off as a brooding, emo kid in Twlight Princess which is fine by me.

Edited on by Lionhart

Lionhart

Spoony_Tech

TheLilK98 wrote:

@Erica_Hartmann So I guess Twiilight princess wasn't realistic?

TP was the most realistic Zelda to date. I'm sure he wouldn't argue that. However I have loved ever art style Nintendo has gone with but that doesn't mean I wish they went more realistic! My problem with Nintendo is now that they have the power to do so I still don't think they will use it or will take the time to use it. The only series that looks remotely realistic it the Metroid Prime trilogy. I just wish some of the franchises would grow up a bit and actually look hd. Not just a cartoon looking game with an hd coating! If that tech demo was real it would get way more people into the series as I'm sure many are waiting for Link to grow up and get with the times.

With that said no matter what they choose to do I'm sure ill like it as usual and it will be great. I just want realistic and Nintendo to prove me wrong!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.