Forums

Topic: Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 951

Whydoievenbother

Guys, I found out that ALTTP has a sequel already. The legend of Zelda: Ancient stone tablets for Sattelaview SNES. taking place 6 Years after ALTTP, this game stars a new hero: the avatar you chose. This leads me to believe that Zelda 3DS is between ALTTP and AST.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Happy_Mask

Untitled

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

LzWinky

MrMario02 wrote:

Guys, I found out that ALTTP has a sequel already. The legend of Zelda: Ancient stone tablets for Sattelaview SNES. taking place 6 Years after ALTTP, this game stars a new hero: the avatar you chose. This leads me to believe that Zelda 3DS is between ALTTP and AST.

There's another one: Link's Awakening

Also, I love that Courage picture

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ClockworkMario

CanisWolfred wrote:

InternetBowser wrote:

I was mostly talking about the trailer they shoved. Should Nintendo prove me wrong in the coming months (likely) I'll be happy to look back at my comments and hang my head in shame. But thus far they haven't shown anything groundbreaking, something to get me pumped even without the nostalgia. I mean this is The Legend of Zelda we're talking about.

I won't disagree, but as Lz pointed out, plenty of us are incredibly excited by the news regardless. Perhaps, just perhaps, how they reveal something isn't quite as important as what they reveal?

I suppose so. Still not completely sold, but I have to admit, that video has some sweet music . Perhaps, just perhaps I'll end up loving the game (in a platonic way).

Currently on the plate:
Mount and Blade: Warband – Napoleonic Wars
Chivalry
Super Mario 3D World – Finishing the last few levels.
Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1586-9129

NinChocolate

the funny thing about life is that when you read something like "ya this game looks terrible/unremarkable", thats multiplied so much more in the mind than reading "ya this game looks good" . its easier to remember a "negasaurus" lol

But with this game its a wee bit too early to say theres no further surprises that will really make this sequel and style of game even more appealing. I think Aonuma and miyamoto will come through

NinChocolate

ThePirateCaptain

RevolverLink wrote:

I can't be the only person that thinks Link looks adorable in this game, right? Especially when he uses those giant pegs to vault himself up to higher floors.

No, I agree. This game really looks like a true sequel should and Link's design shows that.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

LzWinky

I wouldn't describe Link as "adorable"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

swordx

MrMario02 wrote:

Those games are considered spin-offs. Their story has no more merit to the Zelda story than Link's Crossbow Training

swordx

Drawdler

It looks like the Rupee limit will be 9999 like in Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. Anyway, that's an amazing demo. I was totally blown away by it. And someone has to reorchestrate that music and put it on YouTube pronto so that we can all spend hours listening to it. The level design is awesome too. All in all this has double sold me. Since, you know, I was sold before.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

kkslider5552000

LzQuacker wrote:

I wouldn't describe Link as "adorable"

What could be cuter than stabbing monsters repeatedly for their hearts?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Henmii

Dear people, just because a portion of this games overworld looks almost identical to Alttp doesn't mean the whole overworld is identical! And maybe there's a knack to it! Maybe you travel through time! Maybe we also get to see the world of Alttp 30 years later, with a vastly different look! At this point we really don't know!!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

KryptoniteKrunch

That Courage pic really fits some of the reactions I'm seeing from the fans. ALttP2 is announced, people whine that it isn't MM3D. If MM3D was announced people complain it's a another remake. Seriously, I wish people were less negative over a game that's not even out yet let alone 100% complete.

Anyway, Henmii has a point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Dark World in a LttP destroyed at the end of the game? If so, that guarantees a slew of brand new dungeons.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Revanmann

I'm buying a 3DS for this, A Link to the Past is my favorite and in my top 10 games of all time. though Skyward Sword was pretty great.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza: Like A Dragon
Star Wars: Squadrons
Black Ops Cold War Zombies
Favorite game: Super Metroid

Jani-Koblaney

Meh, so far I'm unimpressed with this game reveal. It seems like Nintendo's just being lazy when they resort to using the same game world for a sequel. I want to see something new, not something I've already seen before. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, look what Nintendo did with Mario..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

Jani-Koblaney

Meh, so far I'm unimpressed with this game reveal. It seems like Nintendo's just being lazy when they resort to using the same game world for a sequel. I want to see something new, not something I've already seen before. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, look what Nintendo did with Mario..

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

kkslider5552000

If you didn't want something you've already seen, you wouldn't have double posted the same thing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RevolverLink

Here's the full article GoNintendo was citing.

The most interesting thing, to me anyway, was Aonuma's (somewhat vague) claim that ALttP2's progession will differ significantly from most other Zelda games.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

TheKingOfTown

It's now called A Link Between Worlds apparently.
Here's the new trailer.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.