Forums

Topic: your NSMB.2 coin total

Posts 101 to 120 of 171

Luffymcduck

Over 553 000 coins, best Coin Rush record: 15 026 from Mushroom Pack.
Hey! Someone could keep count of Nintendolife´s coin total, hahahaha!

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

RupeeClock

The coin rush max record is apparently 30,000, it caps at that.
Theoretically if you start a coin rush run on World 2-4 with the Gold Flower already supplied, and also grabbed the Gold Flower at the start of 2-4, you could easily get a grand record. It's unlikely that you'd earn 3750 on the first level, but if you did and succeeded on doubling your coin total on every flagpole, that would be your 30,000 coins.

Edited on by RupeeClock

RupeeClock

Dizzy_Boy

i thought i was doing ok with 5600 on coin rush. oh well, sucks to be me.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

RupeeClock

dizzy_boy wrote:

It's all about getting the most coins you can in the first level. You may have to restart a few times to get a desirable first level.
Provided you hit every double-bonus, the coins from the first level are worth 8x as much, whereas level 2 are only worth 4x as much and level 3 are just 2x as much.
You also need to have beaten the game so you can start coin rush with a gold flower in your inventory.

RupeeClock

Happy_Mask

30000... What happened to that world coin total thing?
And does anyone else feel like they're playing sonic the hedgehog instead of Mario? It really is a great game, but I feel as if it's Mario themed sonic. -.-

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

19Robb92

Happy_Mask wrote:

30000... What happened to that world coin total thing?

It's currently at about 35 billion.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Dizzy_Boy

RupeeClock wrote:

dizzy_boy wrote:

[/div]

It's all about getting the most coins you can in the first level. You may have to restart a few times to get a desirable first level.
Provided you hit every double-bonus, the coins from the first level are worth 8x as much, whereas level 2 are only worth 4x as much and level 3 are just 2x as much.
You also need to have beaten the game so you can start coin rush with a gold flower in your inventory.

i knew about the double up at the end of each level. i just need to get on and finish the game to get the gold flower.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Luffymcduck

RupeeClock wrote:

The coin rush max record is apparently 30,000, it caps at that.
Theoretically if you start a coin rush run on World 2-4 with the Gold Flower already supplied, and also grabbed the Gold Flower at the start of 2-4, you could easily get a grand record. It's unlikely that you'd earn 3750 on the first level, but if you did and succeeded on doubling your coin total on every flagpole, that would be your 30,000 coins.

Wow, that´s incredible. I thought the record would be 25 000 max, but over half more than mine. Haven´t tried 2-4 in coin rush yet. I need to train the timing for 5-50 blocks, since I get only 5-10 coins from it far too often.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

grumblebuzzz

Well, I HAD 100,000 but then I got an XL today and lost all of my info during the system transfer (aside from my eShop account, camera and Mii Plaza), so now I have zero again. (BIG FRIGGIN SIGH)

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

RupeeClock

I'm at 395,404 coins now, after finally pulling off the 30,000 coin run.

Untitled

RupeeClock

Spoony_Tech

Don't know why they would cap it. Doesn't make sense!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RupeeClock

Me neither, getting to 30,000 is very hard though.

RupeeClock

Spoony_Tech

I'm sure it is! It would be like capping a pinball game at a billion. Not much of a reason to play after that.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Banker-Style

102,000 something.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Geonjaha

Wait - does anyone know what the penatly is for using the White Tanooki suit on the Coin Rush levels instead of regular Mario? I assume there is one. What's different if you choose it?

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

RupeeClock

Geonjaha wrote:

Wait - does anyone know what the penatly is for using the White Tanooki suit on the Coin Rush levels instead of regular Mario? I assume there is one. What's different if you choose it?

I think the penalty is simply that there are things White Raccoon Mario cannot do.
White Raccoon Mario cannot kick koopa shells. If you want to kick one after jumping through a gold ring, tough luck.
White Raccoon Mario cannot access Mini Mario areas.
I also do not think White Raccoon Mario can change to Gold Mario at all, you are stuck in one form. You also cannot fire off any fireballs needed for those special pipes that may spit out Mega Mushrooms or Gold Mushrooms.

Basically White Raccoon Mario cannot possibly earn as many coins as normal play.
Also since Coin Rush mode is not tied to any of your three saved games for Solo play, there should be no penalty for playing as White Raccoon Mario in Coin Rush.

RupeeClock

ImDiggerDan

RupeeClock wrote:

What levels did you do that run on? I'm on 16,592 from levels 2-4 2-1 and Mushromm-Boss. Don't really see how I could improve on those much.

Total coins 221,535

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

TheDreamingHawk

Now it's 24,121 after some coin rush practice.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

RupeeClock

ImDiggerDan wrote:

RupeeClock wrote:

What levels did you do that run on? I'm on 16,592 from levels 2-4 2-1 and Mushromm-Boss. Don't really see how I could improve on those much.
Total coins 221,535

I do it on Levels Mushroom-1, 1-5 and 2-Fortress, getting 30k is really easy now that I've mastered the 1up trick on Mushroom-1, and the flagpoles are so easy to jump on those levels.

I'm at 778,541 now.

RupeeClock

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.