Forums

Topic: Your Latest & Greatest Totaly AWESOME 3DS Purchase!

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,003

gcunit

The apparent slim pickings have forced my hand on Yo-Kai Watch 3. Had been waiting to see it a bit cheaper but there's been none of that, and I think the Amazon.co.uk price went up by £5 recently.

Not finished playing the first one yet, let alone 2, but 4 looks really promising so I'd like to have the set.

No doubt I'll see it for £15 next week, but I guess I can claim I'm supporting the series more.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Tyranexx

@gcunit How much did you drop for YW3? It's almost as rare as the Virtual Boy here in North America. It's being scalped for $90+ on Amazon.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Mega Man Battle Network 2 (Wii U VC), Metroid: Samus Returns

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

1UP_MARIO

Hey pikmin.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Nagi

Got myself a lot of 3DS stuff lately.
I bought a american 2DS, so i can play retail games that didn't come out in europe, along with Corpse Party, River City: Rival Showdown, Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack and Virtue's Last Reward (I know there's a european version, but the english dub is missing)

For my european collection i got:
-Pokémon Omega Ruby
Thought it might be a nice change of pace, since i pretty much alwas played Pokémon Sapphire & Alpha Sapphire back then.

-Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimsom
This was pretty much the last rare game i missed in my european 3DS Collection. I know it's not that rare in america, but the european versions tends to be rather expensive.

Edited on by Nagi

Nagi

gcunit

@Tyranexx £28, which is about $36 I think. Very few places seem to hold any stock of it from what I can tell, so the ebay prices are beginning to mirror what's happening with it in the US, hence I decided I should pull the trigger now rather than risk it.

Zuljaras

I got a 2DS for the collection and I am surprised how much I enjoy it.

Zuljaras

Tyranexx

@gcunit Good call. I'd consider importing if the 3DS wasn't region-locked. I regret not pre-ordering the game to secure a copy, but I also wasn't expecting it to go out of print this soon; stock issues have been present ever since the game's Feb. 8 launch. If only there'd been an announcement about the limited print run....

There's always digital, but I'm not too keen on getting a new micro SD card this late in the 3DS's lifespan.

MeatSauce

For $100 I picked up a super mario maker edition 2DS system.
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Link Between Worlds
Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon
Animal Crossing New Leaf

MeatSauce

Bucky

Would it be silly for me to get a 3DS or 2DS at this point? I am always tempted whenever I see deals.

I love my Switch, and have had every Nintendo console, but have never had any of the portable systems until the Switch. I can see them eventually bringing GB, GBC, and GBA games to the Switch, but not sure what the odds are of them bringing 3DS games to the Switch beyond remasters. It seems like there are a lot of quality games that I have missed out on.

Edited on by Bucky

Bucky

Tyranexx

@Bucky It wouldn't be silly at all in my opinion. The 3DS has an amazing game library and is also backwards compatible with most DS games as well. Depending on your likes/dislikes, said library can probably be a little overwhelming at this point. XD I'll still be playing through RPGs on it for at least a couple of years yet.

JoeDiddley

Persona Q2. I’m loving it so far.

It might be THE LAST new greatest totally awesome 3DS purchase.

But I hope that turns out not to be the case. And there are still quite a few 3DS games I need. So I ain’t done yet.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
3DS: 5327-0913-7260

charlieonholiday

@Bucky The 2DS is such a cheap system so if you have the spare cash then why not - the library is superb! I’m still enjoying mine

Edited on by charlieonholiday

Tharja is my wife...

Nintendo Network ID: Charlieonholiday

Tyranexx

I just received both Monster Hunter Stories and Kirby Planet Robobot in the mail via Amazon. That should take care of most of the DS and 3DS games missing from my collection...until I decide I need more. XD

Nope, I don't have a problem at all. It's not like literally 2/3 of my backlog is composed of 3/DS games....

gcunit

@Tyranexx 3/DS Backlog Five!

Closing the door on 3/DS additions is just plain impossible.

I have a 3/DS collection that I just never would have believed back when I got my first N3DS in 2015. Think I've only seen the credits of about 3 of them so far; have about 125 games in my play log (about 80% of those with less than 5 hours registered), and feel like I must have the same number yet to have been boot up once. It's just an irresistible little system and library. And we're sick.

Edited on by gcunit

Nagi

Tyranexx wrote:

Nope, I don't have a problem at all. It's not like literally 2/3 of my backlog is composed of 3/DS games....

Hey, welcome to the club.
Just bought Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse a couple of days ago. If i'm not missing anything I've now added all Shin Megami Tensei 3DS Games to my Collection.

Nagi

Tyranexx

@gcunit Returns five

I truly think I've picked up all but a small handful of games that I want at this point. I went on a bit of a buying frenzy recently since a lot of 3DS games are going out of print, being dumped by retailers, and rising in price. A few I can get on other platforms or may have to ultimately buy digital. There are a couple of recent new additions like Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo Selects range rerelease here) that are thankfully still in print that I feel can safely be waited on.

A couple of other 3DS games will show up around my birthday in a couple of months, I'm sure.

@Nagi_Nagisa Glad I'm not the only one with this first-world problem at any rate!

gcunit

@Nagi_Nagisa I'm pretty sure you're missing something. So far as I'm aware it is impossible to have a complete SMT collection. There's always another remake of a spin-off somewhere...

Ralizah

@Nagi_Nagisa Apocalypse is awesome. Potentially the best game on the system.

Ralizah

Nagi

@Tyranexx I wouldn't call it a first-world problem. After all the 3DS is awesome

@gcunit The only Game in the Series i don't own for 3DS in physical form is Shin Megami Tensei IV because it's download only in Europe. Maybe i'm buying a US Copy later to complete the collection.

@Ralizah Sounds promising. Can't wait to give it a shot when it finally arrives in my mailbox.

Nagi

Cotillion

I'm trying to pick up any 3DS games I have interest in before they get harder to find.
Just picked up Starfox and Bravely Default today. I had been meaning to get both for quite a while.

Hadn't played the 3DS in quite some time. Its a bit cramped and uncomfortable compared to the Switch. That aside, Starfox looks amazing in 3D and boy, did they ever improve the visuals in it. Fantastic remake, so glad I finally picked it up.
Bravely Default, I plan on playing over the winter, but it was cheap so I picked it up today just to ensure I have it

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic