Forums

Topic: Your Latest & Greatest Totaly AWESOME 3DS Purchase!

Posts 841 to 860 of 861

andrew20

My recent game i got
Fire Emblem Echeos-i wanted this game I got it digtal
Code Name STEAM-I got this for 7 bucks
I still trying to find the amiibo for echeos

andrew20

3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Pokefanmum82

You could try Nintendo's online store. I know they have the Echoes 2 pack

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Gold and Ultra Sun.

Spennymoor

Kirby's Blowout Blast. Decent package for £6

Spennymoor

Spennymoor

@gcunit reckon they just haven't got round to it yet. The EO team has been busy on EO5, the ST Strange Journey remake, and are now working on Persona Q2. I reckon if it is not their next game after that we won't see it.

By then they'll need to think about whether and how to transition over to Switch. Either way it's been a great run for the last ten years:

EO
EO2
EO3
SMT Strange Journey
EO4
EO Untold 1
Persona Q
EO Untold 2
EO5
SMT Strange Journey remake
Persona Q2

That's 11 games over 11 years when all is said and done. I may have missed some too (did they do Dark Spire?).

What an incredible run

Spennymoor

LegendOfPokemon

Just preordered Metroid: Samus Returns. Can't wait!

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Currently Playing: Paper Mario: Color Splash (which is actually pretty fun 😅)

Nintendo Network ID: EvoXL5

Pokefanmum82

Have Monster Hunter Stories and Metroid amiibo pack on preorder. Can't wait for both

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.

Eagle9

Is this Culdcept Revolt coming or not?
E: Europe
E2: Now there is video in eShop release date 6.10. i buy this, so good looking and my kind of game that i like ^^

Edited on by Eagle9

Eagle9

Junizen

Pre-ordered Metroid Samus Return, but miss out on the amiibo pack. Here's hoping to grab the amiibos when it's available again.

Junizen

Switch Friend Code: SW-7425-3451-1234 | 3DS Friend Code: 1994-2817-5921 | Nintendo Network ID: FyreFlySLYR | Twitter:

Tyranexx

Right, so this is what happens when you send out a draft of your Christmas list shortly before your b-day. XD One game was expected, the others...not this soon.

The new members of my backlog are:

Metroid: Samus Returns - The expected game, and one that I hope I can get to sooner rather than later. This Metroid II remaster has been on my radar since its surprise announcement at E3.

Ever Oasis - I really enjoyed the demo and decided to give this one a try. I'm still not sure how much I'll like the oasis management portion, but I thought it would be fair to give this one a shot.

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - It'll be a very long time before I get to this one considering I feel that I should play the other two FE games that were backlogged beforehand (FE Fates: Conquest and Sacred Stones on the VC). This black sheep has interested me for some time with its different mechanics and dungeoneering.

Video Corner: Welcome Back to Termina
Currently playing: Yo-kai Watch, Wario Land: Shake It!

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Fenrir6

It's been a few days now, but I had to decide between Metroid: Samus Returns and Monster Hunter Stories.

In the end I went with Metroid, because I already have too many RPGs to finish (or even begin!), and I'm loving it! Sadly I don't have much time to play these days, but it's always hard to turn off my 3DS while playing this game!

Fenrir6

Twitter:

roy130390

So, my latest awesome purchase was actually a New 3DS pokemon 20th anniversary edition. It's a beautiful handheld (specially with the blastoise covers), and I'm really happy to manage to get the regular size before it disappears. I'm a bit scared about the "click" noise it makes when it's completely open, since my original 3DS broke precisely in the part where the hinge is located. It can be glued, but I don't want this to happen to this one, so I investigated on the matter and apparently that noise is actually a good sign, and not having the click sound ( my original one was silent) isn't as good as it seems, since according to many users, Nintendo employees told them that it was supposed to make the "click" sound when they asked about it. Still, if anyone can inform me more on this matter or tell me that they New 3DS is still alive (specially the regular one) at this point despite making the same sounds, I would feel better.

roy130390

gcunit

I've been prowling eBay for months and months trying to get this game for a decent price, but if anything the price has been going up.

Well the wait is finally over as I've decided to welcome the Selects range with open arms and bought this for £12:

Untitled

Edited on by gcunit

I've just held an Ignored Users amnesty on my account. 20+ users are back in the game with an extra life - make it count :)

Currently playing: Rocket League - Chess Ultra - Super Mario Odyssey - FIFA 18

SW-3124-5612-5724

Nothing is true; Everything is permitted.

Fenrir6

Thanks to the Halloween sale I was able to get the two games my 3DS was missing from the Shin Megami Tensei franchise: Devil Summoner Soul Hackers and Devil Survivor Overclocked.

Fenrir6

Twitter:

andrew20

(N3DS) fire emblem warriors and amiibo

andrew20

3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

8bitmagnetsco

My last 3ds purchase was fire emblem echoes. It's great for a remaster of an older FE game!

I make really cool 8bit magnets check them out-> Etsy shop (direct link also in my profile)
I also do requests! Let me know what you think!
Currently playing FE revelations, FE: SoV, Tales of Berseria

VoltageX

sonic fire and ice. the reviews said this was a bad game but Im enjoying every minute of it. is sometihng wrong with me? XD

VoltageX

roy130390

So I just bought Bionicle Heroes, which is technically a DS game but since the 3DS is able to play DS games, well... I'm supposing it counts too. The game is a first person shooter with nice graphics and fun gameplay that, with a proper multiplayer online option could have surpassed Metroid Hunters.

Story:
I'm not gonna lie, the game does a poor job in this aspect. The few "cutscenes" it has are a bunch of ugly pictures and the story is almost non-existent and the few details about it don't bother to explain anything. I'm aware that many DS games presented their story with similar pictures but I believe that even shooters should dedicate a bit of effort on this regard and considering the awesome mini comics that came with the Bionicle toys, the pictures would have been much more better if they would have used that style.

Gameplay:
The game is really great here. As you advance from 7 different worlds (one unlocks as you rogress) divided in 5 different stages each, you find several masks that grant you different weapons that work as the standard shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, etc. The weapons are upgraded with different effects and more power as you find more masks, and you even get abilities that allow you to reach areas that you couldn't before. You have 4 different control schemes that allow you to aim with the touch control, the circle pad or the A, B, X, and Y buttons depending of your preference. The horizontal movement when aiming is considerably slower than the vertical one, however, by adjusting the aiming sensibilty to your preference this can be corrected. It's still quite weird to find such a considerable difference though. In terms of mission objectives don't expect variety, since all the missions require you to progress through the stage and shoot at everything that moves.

Difficulty:
Instant respawns in the same area make the game quite easy when it comes to progressing. However avoiding deaths in order to keep the lego pieces that work as currency to unlock extra modes can be quite difficult. I probably didn't find the correct strategy with some bosses, but in some cases it seemed like it was impossible to die at least once while facing them, which is pretty much bad design on that regard if that's the case.

Graphics:
The game looks great! The stage variety is the average fire, water, ice, etc. type but the combination between wide and narrow areas and the overall design is good, but don't expect stages made out of Lego pieces since only a few things like bridges and evelators are this way, which to be fair is faithful to the Bionicle series presented in comics and movies. The stages are big enough to hide many paths with diffrent secrets to find and backtrack whenever you want, yet small enough to assure that you won't get bored of any stage and perfect for situations where you don't have much time to play. The enemies look quite detailed and the lego aesthetic makes them look even better. There's decent enemy variety for a FPS, and the difference in colours between them helps to indicate how strong and resistant they are.

Sound:
The quality of most DS games is bad, however than doesn't prevent them from having great Soundtracks. The game offers a good soundtrack that goes really well along the missions of the game. Also, I could swear that the sound quality of the game is much better than the average DS game.

Performance:
The game runs smooth at every moment, even when there are a lot of enemies and effects on the screen. It's quite impressive for a DS game with those graphics, actually.

Replay value: The game offers a lot in this regard. As I mentioned, there are many areas you can't access the first time you find them, but as you progress you'll have different abilities that allow you to reach them. There are also many extra modes that you can buy collecting pieces and secrets, which allow you make the game harder, make enemies extra small, shoot animals from your guns, etc. There's also a score at the end of every section for people that like to achieve the best ranking possible. The game offers a multiplayer option if a friend has the game, so there's that too.

Considering the terrible "cutscenes", the weird difference between the sensibilty of the horizontal and vertical aiming and the questionable difficulty of the boss battles that could even mean unavoidable death (or a lack of talent from my part for this game and more experimentation with the weapons) I think must gamers would consider this game a 7.0 or 7.5 out of 10. However, the game is so much fun and the replay value is so good (even if it lacks online multiplayer that would probably be dead by now anyway) that I honestly feel it more like an 8 ouf of 10 for me. Specially if you are a Bionicle fan...

Being able to use their melee weapons and not just the guns would have made this game a 9

Anyway, if you check reviews, please make sure to check the DS version ones, since metacritic seemed to combine the score of all the versions (pc, consoles and DS) or some of the reviewers didn't care to make sure about the quality of this version in comparison to the one from the consoles and pc. Most of the few sites that reviewed the DS version separately seem to feel quite positive about it too and the game can be found really cheap nowadays.

Gameplay video:

Edited on by roy130390

roy130390

Pokefanmum82

just bought a copy each of ultra sun & ultra moon today and still waiting on my steelbook pack. I have three kids that play Pokemon alongside me.

Finished the Alola Dex.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic