3DS Forum

Topic: Yoshi's New Island

Showing 321 to 340 of 355

AuthorMessage

CmmanderVide0

321. Posted:

The only truly terrible thing about this game is the bosses. And trying 100% this game seems next to impossible as everything seems very well hidden. Oh well, at least I got 100% on the original and that's what counts.

CmmanderVide0

AuthorMessage

gamebox2d

322. Posted:

Yoshi's new island is okay if you're a 5 year old kid with OCD.

I'd rather play Mass Effect.

gamebox2d

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

323. Posted:

gamebox2d wrote:

Yoshi's new island is okay if you're a 5 year old kid with OCD.

I'd rather play Mass Effect.

Well I am neither of those and I enjoy it. Mass Effect is alright, got kinda boring after awhile. I still have yet to reach tge end of 3, probably never will

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

World

324. Posted:

@DefHalan I really love it too! And I have very little experience (that I remember) with the other Yoshi games, and was bored by what I do remember. Maybe that could be it. Lots of the reviews are just saying "play the original," when maybe some of us don't really want to! I'm glad I didn't listen to the reviews this one time.

I also don't understand the hate for the music. Sure, certain people could not be caught playing it on the subway, but then there's stuff like 1-S. Maybe not a born classic, but smooth!

World

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

325. Posted:

I went ahead and spoiled the final boss since it's going to be a very long time until I play this game.

It was the strangest thing I've seen all day.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

326. Posted:

i love this game. and am glad i bought it. i like reading reviews but i don't let them influence me in anyway unless it's a game i don't think i want and then i read a review & decide to give it a try. but honestly all a review is a person's (the reviewer's) opinion on a game or movie and half of the time i find that i like games or movies that don't get a good review. i buy games and movies because i want to enjoy them for what they are, a distraction. Yoshi's New Island is probably not going to win game of the year but it's my kind of game and to me that's all that matters.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

DarkJediMasterX

327. Posted:

I haven't got the game yet, but I have seen plenty of first run walkthroughs on YouTube and it looks like a blast! I read the reviews it gets like a 7-8 out of 10 and the occasional under 7; but I think people are comparing it to much to the original or expecting to much out of it. It seems like a lot of fun and that is how I buy my games :) If I am going to have fun with it I will buy it!

Me streaming mature content: http://www.twitch.tv/darkholegames
Me streaming family content: http://www.twitch.tv/neonitekgaming
Follow me on both channels!

3DS Name: JEDI

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8413-4054 | Twitter: darkholegames

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

328. Posted:

World wrote:

@DefHalan I really love it too! And I have very little experience (that I remember) with the other Yoshi games, and was bored by what I do remember. Maybe that could be it. Lots of the reviews are just saying "play the original," when maybe some of us don't really want to! I'm glad I didn't listen to the reviews this one time.

I also don't understand the hate for the music. Sure, certain people could not be caught playing it on the subway, but then there's stuff like 1-S. Maybe not a born classic, but smooth!

If by the original you mean the Super Nintendo version of yoshi's island i got that game when I was younger as a present. I can honestly say I hated that game I got half way through the game & could not get any further I started to cry out of frustation being stuck hours on end not being able to get any further in the game it wasn't until years later 2008 to be exact I found yoshi's island ds used at gamestop for $25 decided to give the series one last shot at liking it or not. Loved the DS version. :) Also if it was not for the ambassador program on the 3ds i would have never known of the yoshi island GBA title. :)

I bought yoshi's new island 3ds as download in the 3ds e-shop. It's a ok title. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Henmii

329. Posted:

People complain about the endboss, wich isn't great and is very easy! But heh, this game doesn't have really good bosses! And Yoshi's island didn't have great bosses either! Besides the bosses are all of the "3 hits and your out" nature also found in the Mario titles! I hate that! People also complain about the Donkey kong tropical freeze bosses being to long, but those are actually proper boss fights where you have to hit the boss many times! That's how it should be!!

But back to Yoshi: The gameplay is fun but doesn't contain really new things! And the level-designs aren't as great as in the original! Also, the game is terribly easy, though getting 100% on every level may be a challenge (I only got it so far on a few levels)! The music isn't bad at all, its just that there isn't much variety (its almost all remixes of the main-tune)! The graphics are much better then many reviewers think! The controls feel better then they where in Yoshi's island DS! And the game doesn't have really out of place characters in it, like Yoshi's island DS! The transformation minigames from New island work fine and are fun, though they are not edge of the seat!

Put shortly: Yoshi's island DS is harder and does have some cool new ideas, but New island has the better controls! I still think New island isn't that bad to spend some time with, though maybe you better wait for a price-cut!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

330. Posted:

Henmii wrote:

And Yoshi's island didn't have great bosses either!

terrible liar

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

331. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

terrible liar

A very very very very very VEEERY bad liar.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

332. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Henmii wrote:

terrible liar

A very very very very very VEEERY bad liar.

You're so much of a liar, your pants are on fire.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Henmii

333. Posted:

Oh dear, oh dear!!! I MEANT THE BOSSES OF YOSHI'S ISLAND DS!!!!

THE ORIGINAL YOSHI'S ISLAND WAS PERFECT IN EVERY SENSE!!!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

334. Posted:

Trying to complete/unlock everything in world 1:

Untitled

Normally I play the whole game through then go back & nit pick for tiny stuff like points/coins etc but deciding to do it by world's in yoshi's new island...

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Colors 3D! My Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

CM30

335. Posted:

Yoshi's Island DS at least had that boss you fought in free fall, which was pretty cool. Yoshi's New Island apparently doesn't even have ONE cool boss.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

336. Posted:

Was working on World 1 some more to day & got a little more further unlocking every thing on world 1 including a bonus level:

Untitled

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Colors 3D! My Gallery

AuthorMessage

OptometristLime

337. Posted:

Let me get this straight: those who don't have the game / never going to try it, stating opinions versus the folks actually enjoying the game. Well you can guess which side I will stick with, for the sake of humanity.

Yoshi means different things to different people, and coming in with no prior experience affords the greatest chance to see the joy of the game based on its own merits.

Edited on by OptometristLime

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

AuthorMessage

CazTheGamerGuy

338. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Yoshi's Island DS at least had that boss you fought in free fall, which was pretty cool. Yoshi's New Island apparently doesn't even have ONE cool boss.

There were bosses in this tripe? I could have sworn I fought six giant enemies with rapidly decreasing challenge and rehashing the final boss of Yoshi's Island not one, but two times... Must be the eggs. Or a rotten game.

Check Out My YouTube Channel!|Facebook|Twitter
Until next time, game on my friends!

Twitter: cazthegamerguy

AuthorMessage

BinaryFragger

339. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

I'm not going to try and change your mind; the more someone does that the more the other person tends to cling strongly to their own beliefs.

I'll just say that I personally am not buying it because I don't like to support lazy business practice. I like Nintendo, and their games - but that doesn't mean that I'm just going to buy their sequel to one of my favourite games ever simply because they made it. Nintendo obviously didn't put much effort into the title, and side by side, all evidence points to the fact that the original is the better game. That's not much of a problem, as the original was an amazing game, and its difficult to live up to that, but since this new game changes almost nothing in terms of the game mechanics - there's no reason for me to want to play it; there's nothing new to experience.

The DS version of Yoshi's Island also suffered in the eyes of critics - it just wasn't anywhere close to being as good as the original. However I still bought that title to try it out because it dared to try and change and improve aspects of the original. Most of the ideas didn't work out - but some of the features were very fun, such as the museum. Yoshi's Touch & Go however was one of my favourite DS games. It took the original concept of Yoshi's Island and essentially made several really fun minigames around it (an example of changes to an original game that worked well in my eyes).

To everyone who hasn't already made up their mind, I would recommend picking up the GBA version (portable) of Yoshi's Island, or picking up Yoshi's Touch & Go for the DS. I'd even suggest getting Yoshi's Island DS before trying this title, but as I said - that's just my opinion.

I bought the game because I love Nintendo platformers but I agree about the lack of effort in Yoshi's New Island. It's not a BAD game, but it just feels so lazy. Nintendo did a great job with the New Super Mario Bros games and adding simultaneous multiplayer was a brilliant move. They perfectly modernized a classic franchise. Yoshi's New Island, on the other hand, is virtually identical to the SNES original. It even has the same story. It's not quite as lazy as the ridiculous Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii, but it's a lackluster sequel that missed the mark.

BinaryFragger

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7793-8308 | Nintendo Network ID: binaryfragger

AuthorMessage

Don

340. Posted:

Quick question: i noticed the game checks off the stars, red coins, and flowers at the end of each level if you complete at least one of them. So if I get all red coins this try, I don't need to recollect them in my next try when attempting to get all stars and flowers to get a 100%?

Don