Forums

Topic: Yoshi's New Island

Posts 281 to 300 of 344

Dark-Luigi

@JonnyKong Fair warning: The final boss is too easy and pretty underwhelming from the videos I've seen. They tried to make it match the original, but of course, failed.
@Blast Yeah, when pigs ride on fish.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.
Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

DefHalan

The GameExplain Review changed my mind on thegame. I ddidn't enjoy the demo at E3 but from tthe review I came to the conclusion that I went in with the wrong mind set... plus this will be my first yoshi island game

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Geonjaha

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Got my copy in the post today. Wondering if I should just sell it though due to all the bad reviews it's been getting.

This is why pre-ordering videogames is a bad idea.

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DefHalan

Geonjaha wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Got my copy in the post today. Wondering if I should just sell it though due to all the bad reviews it's been getting.

Also trusting reviews to make your gaming decisions is a bad idea

kkslider5552000

DefHalan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

But most of the games I like are critically acclaimed or in the same ballpark.

try harder

Bioshock is nearly 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Meowpheel

I watched the final battle and...

You guys act like it's the first time they do this. It was basically the entire story of Yoshi's Island DS. Which I guess is chronologically the third game in the series now, so in a way it is the first time they do it...?

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DefHalan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

But most of the games I like are critically acclaimed or in the same ballpark.

try harder

That is fine, I just don't think people should let reviews convince them not to buy things. If you are interested in a game that gets bad reviews you might still enjoy it.
I try not to let reviews stop me from buying games, I let reviews convince me to buy games I either don't think I want or am questioning.

Geonjaha

DefHalan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

That's hardly comparable. Of course, judging a purchase on one review is silly, but basing it on 2 or 3 from sources you know should give you a pretty good idea of how good the game is, and whether not it is for you. Pre-ordering a game means you're investing in their product when you have no idea how good it is. All you have to go on is their own marketing material.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion, and sometimes sell them as Game Assets.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

DefHalan

Geonjaha wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Geonjaha wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

That's hardly comparable. Of course, judging a purchase on one review is silly, but basing it on 2 or 3 from sources you know should give you a pretty good idea of how good the game is, and whether not it is for you. Pre-ordering a game means you're investing in their product when you have no idea how good it is. All you have to go on is their own marketing material.

Pre-ordering a game is't investing in it as pre-orders can be canceled. All pre-ordering does is let distributors know what stores to ship games to. I do agree it is bad to pre-order a game solely on hype but if you pre-order a game based on the information you have about the game then that isn't bad.

On Topic: So I got Yoshi's New Island today and played up to the first castle, not really that far into the game. It is defiantly a slower paced game than other platformers on the market. I am enjoying the slower pace and the exploration but I don't like the Hidden ? Clouds. I feel like it is a cheap way to make levels replayable and in fact if they weren't hidden, just placed in harder to reach areas, I might want to play it multiple times.

Henmii

I bought it and played the first world and a few levels from the second. My first impression...it isn't that bad actually! Okay, it isn't edge of the seat or really essential! But it's a decent platform-game alright! Decent gameplay, decent music (though there isn't much variety), and decent graphics! I don't think it will come even close to Yoshi's island DS, but there are worse ways to kill some time!

Henmii

May_Nyan

I love this game. It's a lot prettier than it looks in screenshots and videos... it really looks good and it's fun.
The bad reviews are completely unfair.

メイ  にゃん

DefHalan

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@DefHalan

In my case it would be investing in games. When I use to do pre-ordering from gamestop I pre-order a game & pay for it full right on the spot every time. I never cancelled my pre-order's because never saw no sense it.

I did stop pre-ordering games after a while mainly because it became tiring having to run out to the game store every time for a game now I download all my games unless left with no other choice but to buy cartridge.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Your not investing in the game because your money doesn't go into making the game, like Kickstarter. All you are doing is buying a game before it comes out and not being able to play it until it is released, which I am not against.

Edited on by DefHalan

JonnyKong

I've just completed it after 6 and a half hours. Literally the easiest game I've ever played in my life. I guess they were really aiming for the younger generation with this one. The final boss was utterly dire.

I'll give the game overall a 5/10, I was close to giving it a 6, but towards the end I got annoyed by how repetitive and uncreative the levels became.

I don't recommend anybody to buy it, unless you're loaded or you know you'll sell it on afterwards which is exactly what I'm planning to do. There's the odd enjoyable level which provides some platforming fun, but no, it's hard to recommend. Well, I'd say it's perfect for your littln's if you're struggling to think of a game to buy them.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

LucinaSmash

The biggest problem with Yoshi's New Island is that this game was revealed a few months after Yarn Yoshi

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

DefHalan

JonnyKong wrote:

I've just completed it after 6 and a half hours. Literally the easiest game I've ever played in my life. I guess they were really aiming for the younger generation with this one. The final boss was utterly dire.

I'll give the game overall a 5/10, I was close to giving it a 6, but towards the end I got annoyed by how repetitive and uncreative the levels became.

I don't recommend anybody to buy it, unless you're loaded or you know you'll sell it on afterwards which is exactly what I'm planning to do. There's the odd enjoyable level which provides some platforming fun, but no, it's hard to recommend. Well, I'd say it's perfect for your littln's if you're struggling to think of a game to buy them.

Did you 100% the game? I probably spent over 30 minutes just trying to 100% 1-6 and still can't find everything lol. I feel a lot of the enjoyment of tge game comes from trying to 100% it... I do think the way the egg tokens work is broken. Makes it way too easy to unlock the secret levels

JonnyKong

Nah I didn't 100% it, I just didn't enjoy the game enough to make the effort, plus I HATE the falling stars you have to get. They're annoyingly unpredictable to grab.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

DefHalan

JonnyKong wrote:

Nah I didn't 100% it, I just didn't enjoy the game enough to make the effort, plus I HATE the falling stars you have to get. They're annoyingly unpredictable to grab.

Yea I feel 100% is a big part of the game. If you just move through the story I bet ot will be pretty boring.I have put 3 hours into it making sure I 100% each level before moving on to the next and I am almost done with world 1 lol

MegaStoneSmash91

I've played up to the start of World 2, and I honestly think it isn't too bad. It seems people are comparing it to the original on SNES a bit too much. Granted, it's easy and appropriate to compare the two, but I'd be willing to bet that if the one on SNES didn't exist the reviews would be a bit better.

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Dev

After reading through this thread and the community on Miiverse, I've decided to get this game at some point, but not for a while; maybe when it gets cheaper.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat
Miiverse:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic