Forums

Topic: Yoshi's New Island

Posts 261 to 280 of 344

MoogleMuffins

Got my copy in the post today. Wondering if I should just sell it though due to all the bad reviews it's been getting.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

DreamyViridi

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Got my copy in the post today. Wondering if I should just sell it though due to all the bad reviews it's been getting.

Well, that'd be a total waste regardless. If you have the game, I say give it a go and judge for yourself on if it's good or bad.
Bad/mixed game reviews does not equal you'll dislike the game.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MoogleMuffins

DreamyViridi wrote:

MoogleMuffins wrote:

Well, that'd be a total waste regardless. If you have the game, I say give it a go and judge for yourself on if it's good or bad.
Bad/mixed game reviews does not equal you'll dislike the game.

No, but I could get more money back from selling it unopened on ebay or something.

I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

XBL: Sgt Lampshade PSN: MoogleMuffins

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

DreamyViridi

@MoogleMuffins - I guess so. Wouldn't you rather play the apparently bad game for yourself and see if you enjoy it instead of going by what others said? Either way, it's your game and thus, your choice.
@Dark - Idk, I think it's at least better than Yoshi's Universal Gravitation (odd title btw) aka Yoshi Topsy-Turvy. Let's be honest, Yoshi games have always been a mixed bag.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels / The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by Auracle / My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

JonnyKong

Just finished world 1. I'd say most of the levels so far have been pretty underwhelming. The music is rather annoying and repetitive. Using the giant egg is pretty fun, but as mentioned in another review, it's essentially like watching a cut scene when using them. Controlling Yoshi himself feels pretty slow and sluggish. But it's not an awful game, I still enjoyed myself and I was charmed by its colourful artwork. There were a couple of neat platforming ideas going on in the boss stages. I ain't going to bother trying to 100% it like I do with most platformers, I don't think it's worth my time. I'll definitely keep playing until I complete the game, but it's not one I'll be rushing back to play again I don't think.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

emaan

Well I was going back and forth on whether or not I would be picking this up, but the reviews pretty much decided it for me.

At least I still have Kirby to look forward to

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

kkslider5552000

I wanted to be wrong but I'm not surprised by any of this.

Honestly, I might have to downgrade my dislike for the DS game, at least that was trying to be a new game of some type. Like if this was just a level pack of the original game, that'd be one thing, but making a samey but worse game just irks me. And the fact that Nintendo has repeatedly failed to follow-up on one of my favorite games makes me sad.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Blast

Who cares? Still get the game. You might love it.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Henmii

I guess I'll just try it! It only got a average of 64% but I also got some enjoyment out of Wario: Master of disguise, and that one only got a average of 60!

Only way to find out then...

Henmii

Swiket

I'm not going to spoil it but the final boss is hilariously contrived. Not that the story in these games really matters, but whatever.

Swiket

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

Who cares? Still get the game. You might love it.

Yes, let me spend my limited gaming budget on a game whose very existence partially annoys me when I don't yet have even half of the 3DS games people actually like. :/

Hey Steam World Dig fans, I don't have that game should I get this over it?
"Do and we'll end you"
Good to know!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!

OptometristLime

DreamyViridi wrote:

A slightly more positive review. Maybe I'm one of the people that'll enjoy the game, after all; I loved Sticker Star the first time I played it.

Wow, definitely more positive. The reviewer considers New Yoshi's Island to be an expansion pack to the original.

At least this gives me a broader perspective, while the game still sounds iffy the graphics look more appealing.

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

kkslider5552000

I looked up the final boss and it got so stupid I legit loled.

"Suddenly warping through time and space"

Meowpheel

I don't even really like any game in this series, but I love the way they used the ending of the first game.

Edited on by Meowpheel

Meowph, that's right!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JonnyKong

I find the collectibles REALLY annoying to find and grab on this game, especially the falling stars which can just fling off in any direction causing you to repeat bits. Well sorry but no, I ain't getting them.

Now I just wanna finish the game to see how bad the final boss really is.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic