3DS Forum

Topic: Yoshi's New Island

Showing 221 to 240 of 355

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

221. Posted:

Super Yoshi

All the trailers from the NA website put into one video.

The full official website.
http://yoshisnewisland.nintendo.com/#/home/

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

222. Posted:

This game is looking like a 7/10 at best. The simplicity reminds me of Super Princess Peach which for me was also a 7 at best. We'll see what reviews say but after Tropical Freeze this May be just be a bit too rudimentary as far as the buttons go.

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

Andyliini

223. Posted:

I think it actually looks pretty good. Not revolutionary, but good.

Leaves...

Edited on by Andyliini

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter: Andyliini

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

224. Posted:

I've actually pre-ordered the game. Looks like it'll be a lot fun. Maybe a bit on the easy side, but I liked both the original Yoshi's Island game and (I know I'm in the minority) the DS release.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

225. Posted:

I do feel a bit better about this game, and the recent videos helped. It may or may not be the best platformer for 3DS, but it will be a simple, relaxing platformer like Kirby's Epic Yarn. It'll also probably be a nice way to unwind after an intense play-through of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. A game doesn't have to be challenging to be good.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

226. Posted:

I was surprised how challenging DK Tropical Freeze seems. Don't have the Wii U so don't own the game myself but played a demo at Target that had a nice variety of levels available to try and it seems like a game that does a good job really testing your platforming skills. So I agree it'd be nice to have something like this to contrast it. The other thing is, this being a portable game, it's nice to sometimes just to have something to play during a short break at work and not get too frustrated, just advance to the next level and have some fun along the way. Saw a fair number of gameplay videos on youtube the last couple days that have got me hyped up for this.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

WebHead

227. Posted:

I think the game will be alright, nothing special though.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

228. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I do feel a bit better about this game, and the recent videos helped. It may or may not be the best platformer for 3DS, but it will be a simple, relaxing platformer like Kirby's Epic Yarn. It'll also probably be a nice way to unwind after an intense play-through of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. A game doesn't have to be challenging to be good.

Thanks for putting up the videos and art! Makes the thread and count down to release feel alive :)

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

229. Posted:

I'm on the fence should I download this game on launch on or wait for review's? I really want the game but I also remember how hard the game play was in older games. I might download on launch or wait for review's lol still deciding. :D

I was looking in the 3ds e-shop it doesn't look like this game has streetpass feature but won't know until I download it either way it doesn't matter. I prefer it did have the streetpass feature personally because i like using that feature. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

230. Posted:

Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's New Island Comparison

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

231. Posted:

World 2-2 Inside the Outside sneak peek

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

DakotaM47

232. Posted:

I never was a fan of Yoshi. Looks relaxing (Kirby's Epic Yarn), but not an intense game. I guess this game is good for a 1-2 hour play session.

Smash Bros. 4 Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Newcomer Hopes:
1. Shulk
2. Slime
3. Takamaru

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3465-6223 | Nintendo Network ID: Gold471

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

233. Posted:

Super Yoshi looks awesome. I really like that puzzle room too. Hopefully the rest of the game will throw up neat surprises like that.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

234. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's New Island Comparison

This is honestly the best video I've seen of the game so far. I'm not expecting the game to blow me away, but it looks charming and should still be a good time. I am disappointed that they're going the Yoshi's Island DS route with the soundtrack though.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

235. Posted:

Don't Fear the Spear gameplay

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

MuchoMochi

236. Posted:

I really can't wait to get this game! Every video I have seen has strengthened my opinion that people were too quick to judge. It makes me laugh that people get on this game because it looks easy, the original on the SNES was pretty damn easy too besides collecting everything.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

237. Posted:

When you first start up the game, Nintendo will ask you if you want to share gameplay data that Nintendo will use to help develop future games.
Untitled

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Barbiegurl777

238. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

When you first start up the game, Nintendo will ask you if you want to share gameplay data that Nintendo will use to help develop future games.
Untitled

@DestinyMan

That would be a good thing though right?? To share our gameplay data with them? I'm all for it if it means improving future video game titles. :)

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog - Discontinued
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage

Karakato

239. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

This is honestly the best video I've seen of the game so far. I'm not expecting the game to blow me away, but it looks charming and should still be a good time. I am disappointed that they're going the Yoshi's Island DS route with the soundtrack though.

I feel the same way too, while it is largely inoffensive (I found one track in particular to be identical to trumpet farting), it doesn't stand out at all. Such a shame though that the original game did alot of things oh so right that it was hard for the other sequels to follow. Maybe the next game will fare better if Nintendo wouldn't let a B-team handle the franchise. Imagine What EAD can do with YI.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

240. Posted:

Lose the Lunge Fish

Miiverse