New trailer

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

162. Posted:

Another round of Yoshi's New Island details
http://nintendoeverything.com/another-round-of-yoshis-new-isl...

• Stork accidentally delivered Baby Mario and Luigi to the wrong house before it lost them over Egg Island
  • The villainous Magikoopa named Kamek has rushed away with Baby Luigi in tow.
  • Areas include playful hills, a jungle area, and a mountain area
  • Small floating pair of binoculars lets you scan around a stage using the accelerometer
  • Different control options
  • Two different configurations for jumping and moving
  • These options specifically altered placement of the lock-on button
  • Choose between Hasty, Patient, and Gyrosensor controls to customize how lobbing Yoshi eggs worked
  • Hasty: follows the same rules as the original; holding the R button kept the targeting cursor moving, let go to fire
  • Patient: requires two taps to fire an egg – one to start up the aiming cursor and another to throw
  • Gyro: tilt a 3DS to line up shots
  • Find 20 red coins, 5 flowers, 30 stars to reach 100% in each level
  • Vehicle portions have you navigating with the 3DS gyro sensor
  • Go through an area dressed up as a Yoshi Kart and speed through a later space as a helicopter

These details came from game impressions from IGN, with the player expressing some concerns about the game being too easy.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Gioku

163. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

These details came from game impressions from IGN, with the player expressing some concerns about the game being too easy.

Did anyone actually expect otherwise? And anyway, in my experience with Yoshi's Island, only the last world brings the hard-as-nails challenge. ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

164. Posted:

I don't mind the game being too easy, certainly didn't stop my enjoyment of Kirby's Yarn. Sometimes it's nice to just play a game that's created to be relaxing.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

dumedum

165. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

I don't mind the game being too easy, certainly didn't stop my enjoyment of Kirby's Yarn. Sometimes it's nice to just play a game that's created to be relaxing.

I agree and the funny thing is I don't see KEY as that easy lol - sure you can't die at all, which is easy, but you lose your gems and you can't clear with 100% at the end, which is essentially what all the other platformers are too. So you don't need to replay the levels and try again but if you don't get all the collectibles, and I never get everything, then it's really not that dissimilar to Mario or DK. It's a non issue at the end.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

166. Posted:

Oh I agree, I remember some of the levels being a right &&* to 100% on KEY, I'll certainly be trying to do that on this game, just to get more longetivity and satisfaction from it.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

167. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

hope not pre installed games only mess with anyone who wants to upgrade their 3DS to a XL(or the normal XL to a limited edition XL)

I don't know what you're talking about, I bought a 3DS XL with a preinstalled Mario Kart and was able to transfer all the software from my OG model to the XL while keeping the Preinstalled game of the latter.

that's true? I thought since it is pre installed the transfer deleted it like when transferrring to a 3DS that already has games in it...

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

168. Posted:

Doesn't really seem like an interesting game, aside from the giant egg and the gyroscope controls, it's the same generic Yoshi's Island game.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

169. Posted:

Even more Yoshi's New Island Details
http://nintendoeverything.com/even-more-yoshis-new-island-det...

• Game takes place immediately after the original Yoshi’s Island
  • Starts out by showing a recap of the first game, the final screen, where the baby heroes are held high is shown
  • Then scrolls down to show the proud new parents
  • “These aren’t our babies!” they exclaim
  • Stork screwed up
  • Mario ends up on Floating Egg Island
  • This is the second home for the Yoshis
  • Bowser wants to turn the island into a resort
  • Little Eggs, Bigg Eggs, Chomp Rock ‘n’ Roll are among the game’s stages
  • These are easy tutorial levels
  • Little Eggs introduces the egg making and throwing mechanics and the giant egg
  • With the giant egg, the more destruction you cause, the more extra lives you earn
  • Can create a giant egg by eating a giant Shy Guy
  • To do this, you have to rapidly press the tongue button like reeling in a fish
  • Two button configurations
  • World 1-6: Bouncy Beanstalk Walk
  • This stage has beanstalks that grow to reach new places, includes leaves that will hold your weight for only so long
  • 2-7: Hidey-Hole Hooligans has the Wall Lakitus who destroy bits of the levels as they target your head
  • 4-1: Hop ‘n’ Pop Till You Drop has lots of aerial platforming and floating balloons to traverse
  • The level is full of bubbles, many of which contain enemies or bombs
  • The bonus ring mechanic has changed, making unlocking each world’s bonus level a different experience
  • For each flower you collect in a stage, you’ll get one chance at receiving a medal from the end goal
  • Once you obtain 30, the bonus level unlocks
  • No StreetPass support
  • Can send gameplay data to Nintendo

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

170. Posted:

Wow, so I guess this really does sound and look like a sequel to the original!...right? Anyways, I'm looking forward to it!

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

171. Posted:

Storyline is just LOL.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

172. Posted:

I can't help but feel disappointed about the beginning of the new story. Yoshi's Island ended so beautifully. It's a tough pill to swallow that it was all a mistake.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

mikeymaster2001

173. Posted:

Honestly even it's just more of the same from Yoshi's Island, I'll still buy it. That game was great, plus I'm a completionist. So I'll probably buy this whether it gets good reviews or not.

mikeymaster2001

AuthorMessage

baba_944

174. Posted:

I never played a "Yoshi's Island" game before and I really want to get this despite the negative backlash. But should I play the first one on "Game Boy Advance" or start with this? I am pre-ordering this game.

Who are you?

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

175. Posted:

I have mixed feelings about this game now. Of course it has not came out yet but the new trailer did not appeal to me at all.....

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

176. Posted:

baba_944 wrote:

I never played a "Yoshi's Island" game before and I really want to get this despite the negative backlash. But should I play the first one on "Game Boy Advance" or start with this? I am pre-ordering this game.

I'd say don't pre-order a game that you're not absolutely sure you're going to buy. If it ends up being bad then you'll have made a mistake. Playing Yoshi's Island for the GBA however, can never be a mistake.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Knux

177. Posted:

That storyline basically ruins the ending of the original Yoshi's Island. Thank you Nintendo for ruining my childhood. :(

I'm still buying it, but my hopes for this game are constantly getting lower.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

178. Posted:

baba_944 wrote:

I doubt you're going to get a different enough experience from the GBA version than you will this, the gameplay doesn't seem to have changed much.

Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

179. Posted:

I'm afraid this game has gone done my ladder somewhat and is now being considered instead of being a definite buy. I'll be waiting for reviews. If it gets at least sevens, I may still get it, but so far I just haven't seen or read anything really convincing.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

Gioku

180. Posted:

...as I have said before:

I remain firmly hyped for this title.

...the fact that it has Yoshi and Shy Guys in it is good enough for me! ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku