3DS Forum

Topic: Yoshi's New Island

Showing 121 to 140 of 355

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

121. Posted:

Waiting for the reviews. This does look cute, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the DS entry (wasn't bad, just not up to normal Nintendo platformer standards), and never played the original (on account of having never owned an SNES). I like the Donkey Kong Country-esque visuals, though.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

122. Posted:

I am going be cautiously optimistic about this game. It looks fantasic, but I doubt I'll have the money for it come March. I need to get Bravely Deafult 1st and there is Layton of course (how I wish I lived in Europe sometimes...). But for now I'll keep an eye on the review scores and hope for the best!!!!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

123. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

And never played the original.

You must rectify this immediately.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Gioku

124. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

And never played the original.

You must rectify this immediately.

I also never played the original... :$

...but I've only ever had handheld systems...! ...the closest I can play is the GBA version...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

125. Posted:

i've never played the original either. I am getting this one anyways.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Knux

126. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Never played the original.

What? What? Change that immediately, and you can play it as long as you have a GBA or DS Lite (there's a GBA version). And Yoshi's New Island looks like utter crap and unexciting. This is coming from someone who has played Yoshi's Island 1 and DS while enjoying both of them (the first one is much better though). I hope that I'm proven wrong, but this just looks awful.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Gioku

127. Posted:

Despite the harsh words being said I firmly remain hyped for this title...!

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Goginho

128. Posted:

EEEEXCIIIITE :P definitely excited for this game. People saying, "..oh, looks crappy..." and what not, are probably the people that said the same about A Link Between Worlds visuals at first. Many of them were eating crow afterwards.

Goginho

3DS Friend Code: 3952-8257-7348 | Nintendo Network ID: Goginho

AuthorMessage

Karakato

129. Posted:

If you guys haven't played the original Yoshi's Island, I highly encourage you to try it out before the 3DS release. I don't care if you play the SNES or GBA version, Just as long as you guys can experience this gem. One of my personal favorites right there with RE4 and Chrono Trigger.

As for the new game, I'm really hoping the developers are keeping the goods from us just like SM3DW. Based on everything that was presented to the public, everything feels like a retread. Sure it will still be fun, but every screen shot and video I've seen just make me think NSMB (ie the handheld games that offered nothing outstandingly unique outside of reusing ideas from past games). I'll still get it though, since the lead designer also handled the original game. There's still room for hope that this game will not be bland.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Knux

130. Posted:

I'll buy it since 3D World proved to me that games still can blow me away even when I have low expectations. I'm not counting on this even being good, but I really hope that I'm wrong.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

adamkop

131. Posted:

I wasn't a fan of the art style at first, but it looks better and better each time I see it. I hope there will be a good 3D download video for the 3DS or a demo, so we can check what it looks like in "real life". I'm sure that the depth effect will be very important in how this game looks. Gameplay looked pretty good from what I saw in a YouTube video (it had three levels), even though the person playing wasn't very skilled.

adamkop

AuthorMessage

Gioku

132. Posted:

@adamkop at least awhile ago there was a video of it in 3D on the eShop... I dunno if it's still there, though.

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

adamkop

133. Posted:

@Gioku
Yeah I checked and there is a 3D trailer. It's pretty crappy in quality though. I fired up the original and actually it's pretty much the same aside from the different art style and bigger shoes. I actually like the new crayon style a bit more, as I have a soft spot for paper/painting filters.

adamkop

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

134. Posted:

I really hope the music isn't as bland as DS. :P

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407

AuthorMessage

Gioku

135. Posted:

Am I the only one who liked the music in Yoshi's Island DS...? I find myself humming it in my head every once in awhile...

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Swiket

136. Posted:

Goginho wrote:

EEEEXCIIIITE :P definitely excited for this game. People saying, "..oh, looks crappy..." and what not, are probably the people that said the same about A Link Between Worlds visuals at first. Many of them were eating crow afterwards.

Besides the 3D effect, I still don't think the visuals for ALBW look that good... in fact I think a lot of the dungeon designs look really dull and forgettable. (the puzzle design itself is solid, I'm just talking about the visuals). But I do think that blowing up screenshots from the 3DS's crappy resolution doesn't do the visuals any favors.

I had fun once and it was awful.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4964-0323

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

137. Posted:

To be honest, despite the GBA version of Yoshi's Island being one of my favourite games of all time, I'm not hyped about this at all. It's not that there's anything wrong with it, but it just doesn't do anything new or interesting that I haven't seen already in the original, and it just looks like an expansion to a 19 year old game that no one asked for. I thought DS was ok, but was nowhere even close to the original. It might just be that Yoshi's Island was as close to perfection as possible to begin with ;)

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

138. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

I really hope the music isn't as bland as DS. :P

Agreed; it was largely forgettable and dull except for the main theme Wildlands. The Castle theme was pretty disappointing compared to the original's truly spooky theme.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Gioku

139. Posted:

I guess I am the only one who liked the music... ._."

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Karakato

140. Posted:

@Gioku The music's alright with one exceptionally awesome track, The Windblown Wilderness. Too bad almost all the tracks are just rearranges of one tune. I'm really hoping the new game has a varied OST like the original.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.