Forums

Topic: Yo-kai watch is getting localized...in 2016

Posts 21 to 29 of 29

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That is much different than saying there isn't anything. Plus we are still in the first half of the year. Once E3 happens we will see what the second half has in store for us.

Nintendo doesn't tend to announce too many games half a year before they release. A few like Mario 3D World or A Link Between Worlds yes, but not too many.

So when do they announce them?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That is much different than saying there isn't anything. Plus we are still in the first half of the year. Once E3 happens we will see what the second half has in store for us.

Nintendo doesn't tend to announce too many games half a year before they release. A few like Mario 3D World or A Link Between Worlds yes, but not too many.

So when do they announce them?

Let's look at retail games in 2014:

Wii U:
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (E3 2013)
Mario Kart 8 (Jan 2013)
Wii Sports Club (I'm gonna omit this one because it's a bit hairy)
Hyrule Warriors (Dec 2013)
Bayonetta 2 (Fall 2012)
Bayonetta (E3 2014)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (E3 2013)
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (E3 2014)

Except for Bayonetta (a port) and Captain Toad, all of those were announced more than half a year prior.

3DS:

Yoshi's New Island (April 2013)
Inazuma Eleven 3: Team Ogre Attacks! (Published by Nintendo in Europe only) (We don't get these in the US, but Nov 2013)
Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Published by Nintendo outside of Japan) (August 2013)
Disney Magical World (Published by Nintendo outside of Japan) (Can't find info)
Kirby: Triple Deluxe (Oct 2013)
Mario Golf: World Tour (Feb 2013)
Tomodachi Life (Can't find info)
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (E3 2013)
Pokémon Art Academy (Summer 2014)
Fantasy Life (Published by Nintendo outside of Japan) (can't find info)
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (May 2014)

Okay a lot of these I couldn't find info for, but most of those are also localizations, and Nintendo doesn't have many games that are up for localization right now. Rhythm Heaven and Bravely Second are the two big ones, but I don't expect Bravely Second until next winter.

Taking a cursory glance at 2013, they were actually a lot better about announcing games a short time before release, so maybe I'll be surprised.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

I think it is early to be complaining about the "lack" of games in the second half of 2015. There are plenty already know to be coming along with rumored games and the possibility of surprises.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

I think it is early to be complaining about the "lack" of games in the second half of 2015. There are plenty already know to be coming along with rumored games and the possibility of surprises.

But how many surprises are you going to expect? The 3DS's 2nd half of 2015 is pretty barren in the greater scheme of things, even factoring in 3rd party games. Historically we have known much more about the 2nd half of 2015 than we do now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

KingMike

Well, I've watched Tomato (of Mother 3 fame) play through the whole main game of Yokai Watch 1.
It's pretty understandable that Level 5 would want to take their time with localization. The game is so Japanese they want to make sure they do it right.
And he's been pointing out his choices for stuff likely to get changed in the west.

KingMike

iKhan

Those who have played it, how is it?

I've heard it's like Pokemon but easier, so that's not very assuring, but the gameplay I've seen looks pretty neat.

Jacob717

Sergio151 wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

If they want this to be really successful, they had better find a good network for the anime to air on. If they just dump it on a network not many people watch (like they did with LBX) I can see this failing hard.

As long as the anime doesn't air on Nicktoons or Disney XD, then the anime should be good.

Yeah, they should put it on CN right next to Pokemon or on Netflix.

Jacob717

Randomname19

I played the demo but I didn't liked it much,my sister loves it tought.
Jibanyan's voice actor in my language(italian) is also Monkey D. Luffy's voice.Fitting since the cat basically does the gum gum gatling gun.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.