Forums

Topic: Yo-kai watch is getting localized...in 2016

Posts 1 to 20 of 29

iKhan

http://nintendoeverything.com/yo-kai-watch-officially-announc...
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-publishing-yo-kai-watc...

I've been anticipating this for a while, and I'm really happy it's coming, but really? 2016? The game came out nearly 2 full years ago in Japan. They are already on Yo-kai Watch 3 now. Also, as an aside, maybe it's time to start digging the 3DS's grave for this year, because there doesn't seem to be anything in the 2nd half of 2015.

Edited on by LzWinky

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

there doesn't seem to be anything in the 2nd half of 2015

Rodea the Sky Soldier, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Stella Glow, Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. A dozen or so indies. Possibly a Pokemon game, still just a '2015' release date for Lords of Magna, maybe a couple localizations from Square Enix and Capcom, and I'm sure we can assume something announced at E3.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TuVictus

I figured they'd save this reveal for E3 to pad out 2015. But I guess not. Hope there's something for 3DS owners this year. Especially New 3DS owners who just bought an entirely new handheld in the hopes it'd be supported

TuVictus

jump

^plus Lego Avengers, a slim chance Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker could be out this year and the UK still needs Scribblenauts Unmasked!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Operative wrote:

I figured they'd save this reveal for E3 to pad out 2015. But I guess not. Hope there's something for 3DS owners this year. Especially New 3DS owners who just bought an entirely new handheld in the hopes it'd be supported

The New 3DS was never marketed as a new handheld and Binding of Issac is coming to the New 3DS and not the 3DS.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

Rodea the Sky Soldier, Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Stella Glow, Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson. A dozen or so indies. Possibly a Pokemon game, still just a '2015' release date for Lords of Magna, maybe a couple localizations from Square Enix and Capcom, and I'm sure we can assume something announced at E3.

Almost all of those are either downloadable or super obscure.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

TuVictus

arronishere wrote:

Operative wrote:

The New 3DS was never marketed as a new handheld and Binding of Issac is coming to the New 3DS and not the 3DS.

...It's literally called New 3DS. It is a new handheld. I'm not calling it the next-gen handheld.

TuVictus

Jacob717

Operative wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Operative wrote:

...It's literally called New 3DS. It is a new handheld. I'm not calling it the next-gen handheld.

It's not a "new handheld" it's a "new model". "New handheld" implies next-gen.

Jacob717

TuVictus

New handheld 3DS.

TuVictus

Jordie

Marketing, it all depends on marketing. Good to see they're going all out on that. It'll be a challenge, probably impossible, to recreate the Poke-craze, but of course I remain somewhat hopeful. I want to see all games released, preferably with a nice localisation.

2016, though, man...

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Which means they don't exist for some reason...

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Ah yes, the "doesn't count" argument.

Your loss.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Your loss.

That was a pretty blatant "doesn't count"

I can assure you that there are high-quality downloadable or obscure titles out there

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TwilightV

If they want this to be really successful, they had better find a good network for the anime to air on. If they just dump it on a network not many people watch (like they did with LBX) I can see this failing hard.

TwilightV

Bolt_Strike

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Your loss.

He does have a point though. Download games and localizations can only take you so far, the 3DS needs a good retail release for the holidays, something attention grabbing.

Anyway, yeah 2016 is a bit late for localization.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Your loss.

He does have a point though. Download games and localizations can only take you so far, the 3DS needs a good retail release for the holidays, something attention grabbing.

While that is true, it isn't true that the 3DS doesn't have anything.

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

They exist, but they aren't notable, many people simply don't care about them. So when the 3DS doesn't have any late-2015 games that people really care about, that's a big problem.

Edited on by iKhan

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

They exist, but they aren't notable, many people simply don't care about them. So when the 3DS doesn't have any late-2015 games that people really care about, that's a big problem.

That is much different than saying there isn't anything. Plus we are still in the first half of the year. Once E3 happens we will see what the second half has in store for us.

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

That is much different than saying there isn't anything. Plus we are still in the first half of the year. Once E3 happens we will see what the second half has in store for us.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hyperbole?s=t

Nintendo doesn't tend to announce too many games half a year before they release. A few like Mario 3D World or A Link Between Worlds yes, but not too many.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.