3DS Forum

Topic: Wouldn't it be Neat if Xenoblade or similar were on 3DS?

Showing 61 to 80 of 82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

61. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

RER wins vs the RE4 port. The 3DS version of Rohdea the Sky Soldier looked better than the Wii version, and KI:U looked better than both.

Resident Evil 4 is a GameCube game, and Kid Icarus can't be compared to anything going by Ray's strict standards.

I can't compare a 2009 Wii game to a launch 3DS game, but a different user can compare a 2010 Wii game to a 2013 3DS game because he said something positive. lol NL

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

62. Posted:

Also, I guarantee a Zelda built from the ground up for 3DS would blow TP and SS out of the water.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

63. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

RER wins vs the RE4 port. The 3DS version of Rohdea the Sky Soldier looked better than the Wii version, and KI:U looked better than both.

Resident Evil 4 is a GameCube game, and Kid Icarus can't be compared to anything going by Ray's strict standards.

I can't compare a 2009 Wii game to a launch 3DS game, but a different user can compare a 2010 Wii game to a 2013 3DS game because he said something positive. lol NL

I wouldn't want to compare Kid Icarus to anything, as graphically it's not that impressive (although it has amazing art direction). And that RE4 comparison is unfair. Rather, look at the Chronicles games (one year timeframe for both). I'm giving that to Revelations.

And yes, 2013 to 2010 is PERFECTLY fair.

2010 for Wii = 4 years, 2013 for 3DS = 2 years (Still hasn't aged much at all)
Launch for 3DS = Birth, 2009 for Wii = 3 years

Edited on by rayword45

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

64. Posted:

So a one year difference is unfair but comparing a game that released four years into a system's life to the same game that is releasing two years after the other system's life is fair because it's comparable?

Nice logic.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

65. Posted:

I don't think the comparison is fair because almost no Wii games even tried to take full advantage of the system.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

66. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

RER wins vs the RE4 port. The 3DS version of Rohdea the Sky Soldier looked better than the Wii version, and KI:U looked better than both.

Resident Evil 4 is a GameCube game, and Kid Icarus can't be compared to anything going by Ray's strict standards.

A GameCube game that got ported to the Wii. For the 1,000th time, the Wii is a re shelled GameCube.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

67. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

So a one year difference is unfair but comparing a game that released four years into a system's life to the same game that is releasing two years after the other system's life is fair because it's comparable?

Nice logic.

Yes, based on the timeframes given, the difference is all in the Wii's favor.

When we say more powerful, we don't mean a whole generation gap. Like I said before, this is more akin to an Xbox 360 vs a PS3

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

68. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

A GameCube game that got ported to the Wii. For the 1,000th time, the Wii is a re shelled GameCube.

The Wii is stronger than the GameCube.

If anything, the 3DS is the "re-shelled GameCube".

rayword45 wrote:

Yes, based on the timeframes given, the difference is all in the Wii's favor.

When we say more powerful, we don't mean a whole generation gap. Like I said before, this is more akin to an Xbox 360 vs a PS3

We've already been over this. But yeah, your logic is flawed.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

69. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

A GameCube game that got ported to the Wii. For the 1,000th time, the Wii is a re shelled GameCube.

The Wii is stronger than the GameCube.

If anything, the 3DS is the "re-shelled GameCube".

Never mind the fact that the Wii's specs are more similar to the GCN than the 3DS.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

70. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Never mind the fact that the Wii's specs are more similar to the GCN than the 3DS.

Never mind the fact that most 3DS games look like GameCube games.

Which isn't a bad thing, btw.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

71. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Yes, based on the timeframes given, the difference is all in the Wii's favor.

When we say more powerful, we don't mean a whole generation gap. Like I said before, this is more akin to an Xbox 360 vs a PS3

We've already been over this. But yeah, your logic is flawed.

Explain yourself. I think I"m being perfectly fair.

You expect a launch game to look better then a game released 3 years into another console's lifetime. That's effing outrageous when the difference is small, people need to get used to the architecture of the system.

Yet a 2 year old game looking better then a 4 year old game is fair. Half the timeframe, not that much of a difference in power yet less knowledge of how the system works.

So please, explain how my logic is flawed. If anything, I'd just say your expectations suck.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

72. Posted:

Krimbatize wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Because the 3DS has only been out for 2 and half years...

You lucky mofo, having your 3DS since mid-2010. I had to wait until March 2011 to get mine.

Oh man, how'd I make that mistake? I thought it said March 2010. I was looking right at the release date. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

73. Posted:

Considering the fact that there's not much to compare first party wise, Pilotwings is better compared to Wii Sports Resort considering we can compare much more in terms of its environments, its CPU use, its content, etc.

Unless it all comes down to Nintendo itself not being able to fully utilize the hanheld's strength.

Your logic is this: Because the game looks better (in a way), than the Wii original, it's acceptable. I can't compare Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 3D Land because it was released four years down the line. But a different game that was also released in 2010, can be compared to game that was released barely two years after that system's launch, and it's acceptable due to the fact it's identical. Not superior.

That is your logic. Some games are okay but others, not so much.

And before you say it, no, if the 3DS was stronger than the Wii, most of Nintendo's own games would look at least somewhat identical to its Wii predecessors.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

74. Posted:

EDIT: I'm going to trust the specs that were posted in the last page and assume that we can use those to judge the 3DS. Also, like I said, remember that the screen resolution of the 3DS is poorer then your average TV.

Yes, it's acceptable if it looks BETTER and was released after LESS LIFETIME.

Here's how it works.

3 years Wii = better graphics over 0.5 years 3DS = worse graphics
Positive gets positive, negative gets negative.
4 years Wii = worse graphics over 2 years 3DS = Better graphics
Positive gets negative, negative gets positive

Here's a terrible analogy - Give a 3 year old and a 6 month old an IQ test. Expectedly, the 3 year old will do better.
Now give a 4 year old and a 2 year old the same test. If the 2 year old does better, you're going to assume that you have a child genius or that 4-year-old kid is mentally challenged.

This is of course not taking in the obvious unrealistic situation of this analogy, it's just an idea. Multiply those ages by 10 if it must make more sense.

Edited on by rayword45

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

75. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Unless it all comes down to Nintendo itself not being able to fully utilize the hanheld's strength.

Of course. Not yet, at least. Even they gotta learn how to best utilize their own technology. They get a head start from building it, but that's it. You still gotta learn the tricks the hard way. I can assure you Wii Sports is not the best-looking Wii game, for instance. Not compared to Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword, not even compared to Wii Sports Resort that came out later. They'll always make better advantage of it, but that doesn't mean they'll tap the top potential of the hardware right from the beginning.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

76. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Unless it all comes down to Nintendo itself not being able to fully utilize the hanheld's strength.

Of course. Not yet, at least. Even they gotta learn how to best utilize their own technology. They get a head start from building it, but that's it. You still gotta learn the tricks the hard way. I can assure you Wii Sports is not the best-looking Wii game, for instance. Not compared to Mario Galaxy or Skyward Sword, not even compared to Wii Sports Resort that came out later. They'll always make better advantage of it, but that doesn't mean they'll tap the top potential of the hardware right from the beginning.

Of course. I never said Nintendo wouldn't, I'm just saying as of now, there's no proof that the developers are taking full use of the hardware.

Even though, after Capcom's Monster Hunter 3G, I can't see any developer topping it.

rayword45 wrote:

the

The games on the system aren't graphically impressive nor superior to their Wii predecessors. Even Monster Hunter isn't superior, just identical.

You can compare the lackluster library to the Wii's all you want, but until we get a few more years under the 3DS' belt, there's nothing to really compare that's going to help your opinion.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

77. Posted:

Uh, opinion? I suddenly feel like we're arguing about different things.

I said the 3DS is more powerful then the Wii. Which would be a fact, based off of specs.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

78. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Of course. I never said Nintendo wouldn't, I'm just saying as of now, there's no proof that the developers are taking full use of the hardware.

Oh. Well, then I agree with you on that. I won't put words into Rayword's mouth, but I'm trying to say that since they're not using the full potential, and already look as good as they do, then perhaps the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii. You also have to remember that 3D is resource-heavy, so a lot of its power goes to waste trying to render two images at the same time. And I do mean "waste", the 3D rarely seems necessary...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

79. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Of course. I never said Nintendo wouldn't, I'm just saying as of now, there's no proof that the developers are taking full use of the hardware.

Oh. Well, then I agree with you on that. I won't put words into Rayword's mouth, but I'm trying to say that since they're not using the full potential, and already look as good as they do, then perhaps the 3DS is more powerful than the Wii. You also have to remember that 3D is resource-heavy, so a lot of its power goes to waste trying to render two images at the same time. And I do mean "waste", the 3D rarely seems necessary...

Hopefully developers can provide eye candy graphics sooner than later because as of now, no games on the handheld exactly stand out. Aside from Revelations, that is.

rayword45 wrote:

Uh, opinion? I suddenly feel like we're arguing about different things.

I said the 3DS is more powerful then the Wii. Which would be a fact, based off of specs.

Of course it is, but judging by its software, its power is not benefiting graphically.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Windy

80. Posted:

Well the Fact of the Matter is we are getting alot of RPG's this year. I don't think any of them will be the magnitude of Xenoblade. But Fun? Yes Yes Yes! I hope someone will consider undertaking a game of Xenoblades Type of Play and Open world gameplay. It doesn't have to be Xenoblade a new fresh RPG would be awesome. I had always hoped for a World of Warcraft Mini type game with online play on the DS and we kind of got that with Phantasy Star Zero. However Phantasy Star Zero didn't have an open world type of play But was a hell of a good time. The online play was superb!

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391