3DS Forum

Topic: Worst game

Showing 41 to 60 of 153

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

41. Posted:

Getting down to how well designed and fun the game is, Paper Mario: Sticker Star is at the bottom for me. Hilariously flawed.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

42. Posted:

Tbh I don't get why Sticker Star is hated so much. Tbh I really liked it. I even have Paper Mario(the original) on my Wii, and much prefer Sticker Star.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

43. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

I'd just like to mention that a lot of what you mentioned, @I-U, that's where this thing called strategy comes into play. Just sayin'.

The only thing that really deals with strategy with what I mentioned is the stamina, as I choose to flow with the game's quick pace rather than be cautious, but again stamina shouldn't have been in the game to begin with.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

44. Posted:

Stamina, bringing one weapon on a mission, no save points(which isn't really true; if you die, you don't go to the beginning of the chapter, you go to the most recent save point), etc.
I honestly don't see how you find it repetitive, unless you find every Nintendo game repetitive, I mean, Mario is run, jump, stomp enemie, save princess. Zelda is slash sword, solve puzzle, save princess. Fire Emblem is, well, Fire Emblem. Etc. Come to think of it, almost evry single game ever is repetitive, because you're typically doing thesame orsimilar things over and over to beat the game. Right?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Harrison_Peter

45. Posted:

Saddened by Myst getting a bashing. Remember how old it is. It maybe hasn't aged well, but it's influence has been far-reaching. A classic.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter: Harrison_Peter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Harrison_Peter

46. Posted:

Snake Eater is an absolutely astounding game, and definitely worth playing... but not on the 3DS. I'd strongly recommend the HD remakes on PS3 or PS Vita rather than the original PS2 game too, because then you get even better camera controls. But the 3DS version, it's back to having terrible controls again. It is an exceptional game, one of the best in the series.

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter: Harrison_Peter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

47. Posted:

Harrison_Peter wrote:

Saddened by Myst getting a bashing. Remember how old it is. It maybe hasn't aged well, but it's influence has been far-reaching. A classic.

I'm not bashing Myst, I love Myst. I even bought Real Myst after trying to play Myst 3DS to be able to play the game.

Read my list of issues with the game (previous page), you'll notice none of these had to do with "Myst" itself, even playing the original game would be better if you want to experience Myst.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

48. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

bringing one weapon on a mission

The game only allows for one weapon to be used during the duration of a chapter. If the weapons can be changed though, I would like to know where that option is.

3Dash wrote:

no save points(which isn't really true; if you die, you don't go to the beginning of the chapter, you go to the most recent save point)

What you're referring to is a check point. A save point is a point I can return to if I decide to end a session, and there are none present during the course of a chapter. There are only save points after chapters.

3Dash wrote:

I honestly don't see how you find it repetitive

I've explained the game's repetitive nature. Nearly every chapter follows the same exact formula, air then land, and the segments are on-rails and extremely linear respectively, which in addition to only being able to use just one weapon at a time means there's little mix up in terms of gameplay. Every land and air segment only has a different visual style to it, where as I haven't felt much of a variation of design, something that would've made the game less repetitive. With Mario, each level throws its own design at the player with its own layout of enemy and power-up placement. With those power-ups, Mario is more than just jumping on enemy heads during a level, but also can morph the experience into a shooter (Fire Flower/Gold Flower) or action puzzler (obtaining Star Coins). Mario is no where near as repetitive as Uprising in any installment. Uprising isn't the only repetitive game either, you're missing my point there, it's just absurd in its repetitive nature where as many other games, especially by Nintendo, offer a good degree of variation to offset the repetition.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Harrison_Peter

49. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

Harrison_Peter wrote:

Saddened by Myst getting a bashing. Remember how old it is. It maybe hasn't aged well, but it's influence has been far-reaching. A classic.

I'm not bashing Myst, I love Myst. I even bought Real Myst after trying to play Myst 3DS to be able to play the game.

Read my list of issues with the game (previous page), you'll notice none of these had to do with "Myst" itself, even playing the original game would be better if you want to experience Myst.

No, I appreciated your post because it actually explained what the issues are. I haven't played the 3DS version and it does sound shocking. Others just named the game but without saying why. Sounds like a terrible game to pick up on the 3DS, but I'd hope that people new to the series (especially younger players) didn't judge it based on the 3DS game! Similarly I'd hope that people who haven't played Metal Gear Solid games wouldn't judge the series by Snake Eater 3D!

"We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and by the depth of our answers." - Carl Sagan

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3525-4443

Twitter: Harrison_Peter

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

50. Posted:

I-U wrote:

3Dash wrote:

bringing one weapon on a mission

The game only allows for one weapon to be used during the duration of a chapter. If the weapons can be changed though, I would like to know where that option is.

You can't bring more than one weapon on a mission. I said that that's where strategy comes in, did I not?

I-U wrote:

3Dash wrote:

no save points(which isn't really true; if you die, you don't go to the beginning of the chapter, you go to the most recent save point)

What you're referring to is a check point. A save point is a point I can return to if I decide to end a session, and there are none present during the course of a chapter. There are only save points after chapters.

Pop the cart out if you die. And, guess what, again, strategy. You gotta make it through 10-20 minutes of battles without dying. But, however you wanna look at it.

I-U wrote:

3Dash wrote:

I honestly don't see how you find it repetitive

I've explained the game's repetitive nature. Nearly every chapter follows the same exact formula, air then land, and the segments are on-rails and extremely linear respectively, which in addition to only being able to use just one weapon at a time means there's little mix up in terms of gameplay. Every land and air segment only has a different visual style to it, where as I haven't felt much of a variation of design, something that would've made the game less repetitive. With Mario, each level throws its own design at the player with its own layout of enemy and power-up placement. With those power-ups, Mario is more than just jumping on enemy heads during a level, but also can morph the experience into a shooter (Fire Flower/Gold Flower) or action puzzler (obtaining Star Coins). Mario is no where near as repetitive as Uprising in any installment. Uprising isn't the only repetitive game either, you're missing my point there, it's just absurd in its repetitive nature where as many other games, especially by Nintendo, offer some degree of variation to offset the repetition.

I did say honestly, which means in my opinion. I also can't really say Mario isn't as repetitiveas Uprising, I can play Uprising for hours on end, whereas I'd go crazy playing Mario for 2-3 hours.

Curious; have you even completed the game yet?

Edited on by Dashtag

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Morpheel

51. Posted:

I-U wrote:

I've explained the game's repetitive nature. Nearly every chapter follows the same exact formula, air then land, and the segments are on-rails and extremely linear respectively, which in addition to only being able to use just one weapon at a time means there's little mix up in terms of gameplay. Every land and air segment only has a different visual style to it, where as I haven't felt much of a variation of design, something that would've made the game less repetitive. With Mario, each level throws its own design at the player with its own layout of enemy and power-up placement. With those power-ups, Mario is more than just jumping on enemy heads during a level, but also can morph the experience into a shooter (Fire Flower/Gold Flower) or action puzzler (obtaining Star Coins). Mario is no where near as repetitive as Uprising in any installment. Uprising isn't the only repetitive game either, you're missing my point there, it's just absurd in its repetitive nature where as many other games, especially by Nintendo, offer a good degree of variation to offset the repetition.

Seriously? Mario's power ups have fixed locations, the levels are always the same, they never change.
By selecting a different weapon in Kid Icarus each level can change drastically, you'll need to aproach things differently.

I'm not defending or bashing either game but saying Kid Icarus is more repetitive than Mario? Wow.

You're free to dislike Kid Icarus, but even then Kid Icarus is nowhere near to being the Worst 3DS game ever, sorry.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

52. Posted:

Ironic that @3Dash has a Kid Icarus Uprising profile pic and yet he hates the game...
If it were for the other games it would be an 8 bit sprite

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

53. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Ironic that @3Dash has a Kid Icarus Uprising profile pic and yet he hates the game...
If it were for the other games it would be an 8 bit sprite

KIU is my favorite gaame ever. My first post on the matter was sarcasm :P

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

54. Posted:

Funny how I-U hates Uprising for "repetitiveness" when one of his favorite games is apparently Metroid Prime Hunters. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

55. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Funny how I-U hates Uprising for "repetitiveness" when one of his favorite games is apparently Metroid Prime Hunters. :p

Yeah, opinions are pretty funny.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

56. Posted:

I don't see the strategy in Kid Icarus Uprising that 3Dash is talking about. The game just feels like run n' shoot for 15 minutes whenever I play it. The most strategy I see with it is the weapon fusion, and even in that it seems like the skills passed down when fusing weapons are completely random (though correct me if I'm wrong).

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

57. Posted:

I mainly see it in boss battles and wifi battles. Then again there is some strategy to it when you're trying to stay alive...(like trying to survive the 9.0 difficulty levels)

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

58. Posted:

@turtlelink Where most of the strategy in KIU comes into play is actually all around the weapons. Fusion isn't completely random; it's just really complex. Once you start to figure it out(there's no figuring it out completely, no one's figured out exactly how it works yet) Fusion becomes much easier, but at points it can still be frusterating. Anyway, what you want to do, essentially, is get the right modifiers on the right weapons, and then make a good power set to go with the strategy you're going for(for example, if you're going for a sniper straegy, you may want Autoreticle with Energy Charge and Slip Shot, etc). In Solo Mode, certain weapons are better on certain Chapters, so you'll want to expiriment what works best for you, and where. Online it's the same, except you're going against other people. You're gonna wanna try to find a low-value weapon that's powerful. You're gonna wanna figure out what other people's strategys are, and how to counter their strategys. You'll have to find out what weapons do well against what other weapons. Etc, etc. If you can look past the run 'n gun part of KIU, you'll see how in-depth everything really is, which makes it special.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

I-U

59. Posted:

3Dash wrote:

You can't bring more than one weapon on a mission. I said that that's where strategy comes in, did I not?

Strategy for what exactly? The game's adjustable difficulties make it very easy to simply complete the game with just about any weapon. Even with 9 intensities, the strategy goes as far as picking my best weapon, not a weapon ideal for the situations presented by the chapter as their designs carry little impact.

3Dash wrote:

Pop the cart out if you die. And, guess what, again, strategy. You gotta make it through 10-20 minutes of battles without dying. But, however you wanna look at it.

Dying doesn't reset a chapter, it brings me back to the last check point within the chapter. No save points in the actual chapters isn't about strategy, it's about how much time I'm willing to be forced to play the game to ensure progression. Had the game been more enjoyable, this wouldn't have been much of an issue considering we're dealing with 10-20 minute segments.

3Dash wrote:

Curious; have you even completed the game yet?

I surprised myself and cleared Chapter 25 before the game's year anniversary, so yes, I've beaten the game.

Morphtorok wrote:

Seriously? Mario's power ups have fixed locations, the levels are always the same, they never change.
By selecting a different weapon in Kid Icarus each level can change drastically, you'll need to aproach things differently.

Mario's power-ups are located in the "?" blocks and other block-based locations, but where those blocks are varies with each level as potentially the power-ups they store. Now the second comment is wrong, and I'm not sure why you felt the need to exaggerate like that. I mean a level that takes place on a moving platform for most of its duration is certainly a lot different than a level where the player's movements aren't restricted. There's plenty of examples of different levels even with the same themes. Take NSMB2's 1-1 and 1-2, the former focusing on Goomba towers and music block platforming where as the latter aims its focus at using POW blocks to open up the coruse and vertical moving platforms (up or down). Again, factually wrong, levels are mostly different.

I don't see how approaching enemies differently qualifies as a level changing drastically, especially when no weapon can alter the actual level's themselves nor do they have any purpose beyond combat situations. Now Mario has that, like how in 2-2 of New Super Mario Brothers 2, Mario can use the Gold Flower to clear out a tunnel of blocks and fill his pockets.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dashtag

60. Posted:

Actually, with each weapon, you have to approach each chapter differently, as each weapon affects your attack power, speed, etc.
Sure, sure, i can basically defeat any chapter with any weapon if I change the difficulty, but I'm going for all chapters 9.0ed, which means no changing the difficulty. To get a best weapon you first have to have one, which is where weapon fusion comes into play and... well, just read my last post.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

Pit - "Uh, what's a KO?"
Palutena - "Good luck, Pit."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus