Forums

Topic: Worst game

Posts 101 to 120 of 148

New_3DaSh_XL

Nightwalker wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Worst 3DS game? No idea. Worst that I've played? Rayman 3D. It's so bad...

I was thinking of buying Rayman 3D in the near future, but then I read your opinion...
Can you name some of the reasons for being as bad as you say it is? You got me thinking...
The thing is, The Great Escape is still my favorite platform game, although it's been 9 years since I played it.

Well, the controls, while ok, are a bit touchy at times. What i mean by this is that say you're trying to get to random log 2 from random log 1. Well, I just couldn't get the hang of jumping to specific places like that. There are also some annoying enemies, the whole world map is flawed(there was one point I beat a level but it didn't take me to the next level. This might've been partly me, as someone said something to me right before this happened, but I skipped past it. I tried going to the place where whatshisname was again, and he wasn't there. Go figure. The graphics in that game are fairly horrific compared to, say, Origins, also.
I'm sure there are those that liked it and got it better than I did, but I just didn't find it enjoyable at all.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

LyIa

I really didn't like KI:U's controls as well. I wish you could use the circle pad pro for camera control.

I really hated the complicated metagame as well. It isn't just pick-up-and-play... No. You have to go through dozens of fusion to get something that even stands a chance against anyone who knows how to play the game.

Regardless, I still really like the game's fast paced combat and amazing

all men are kings 👑

C-Olimar

Whirlpool wrote:

Wait... people hate Kid Icarus? That's my favorite game last year, as well as my favorite game on 3DS.
Zombie Slayer Diox is by far the worst 3DS title.

I... actually rather liked Diox xD

And Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion! The story mode in that is really fun and has a good amount of variety! The game is worth getting if you see it cheap.

C-Olimar

C-Olimar

3Dash wrote:

Nightwalker wrote:

3Dash wrote:

Worst 3DS game? No idea. Worst that I've played? Rayman 3D. It's so bad...

I was thinking of buying Rayman 3D in the near future, but then I read your opinion...
Can you name some of the reasons for being as bad as you say it is? You got me thinking...
The thing is, The Great Escape is still my favorite platform game, although it's been 9 years since I played it.

Well, the controls, while ok, are a bit touchy at times. What i mean by this is that say you're trying to get to random log 2 from random log 1. Well, I just couldn't get the hang of jumping to specific places like that. There are also some annoying enemies, the whole world map is flawed(there was one point I beat a level but it didn't take me to the next level. This might've been partly me, as someone said something to me right before this happened, but I skipped past it. I tried going to the place where whatshisname was again, and he wasn't there. Go figure. The graphics in that game are fairly horrific compared to, say, Origins, also.
I'm sure there are those that liked it and got it better than I did, but I just didn't find it enjoyable at all.

I really enjoyed Rayman 3D! It's pretty dated but really good fun, and the 3D effect is also really good! It's worth the price it's going for now.

C-Olimar

Drobotic

I dislike Kid Icarus.I could barely get past the second stage.

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

FeraligatrFTW

The worst game that I've played is Kid Icarus Uprising.

FeraligatrFTW

HawkeyeWii

I feel like some how this thread has turned into a "I hate Kid Icarus" thread, which makes no sense.

Friend Code 3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter:

Captain_Toad

Must. Change. Subject.

Radical Rex: The stage gimmicks are somewhat interesting.
But the stage designs are boring (especially further in the game), one-hit deaths in places you wouldn't expect, boring bosses, crap controls, and Call of Duty color pallete.

Deadly Towers:.......

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

I-U

HawkeyeWii wrote:

I feel like some how this thread has turned into a "I hate Kid Icarus" thread, which makes no sense.

The thread asks for the worst 3DS game, and while that's not Uprising, it sure is for many within their own experiences on the 3DS.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Midnight3DS

Hard to say, as I haven't played everything. Out of my 8 or so retail games I have, the weakest is Thor:God of Thunder. I bought the wrong one. I actually wanted the DS version. That's harder to find.

Runner up, but not a bad game is Castlevania:MOF. I just dread playing through it because it feels like a watered down God of War game. I'm not sure I like the direction this series has taken. Guess I'm more disappointed than anything. But again, I certainly wouldn't say it's a bad game. I keep loading up Symphony of the Night and everything is right again.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Yamagushi

Geonjaha wrote:

(Well I hated it because) The game is based around turned based RPG battles where there is no experience or levelling - and winning battles only gets you coins. This would be alright if not for the fact that once I got through most of the first world I had more coins than I needed, and that made battles useless. It didn't help that the battle system was boring in general - it just seemed tedious rather than enjoyable having to go back and buy or find your attacks.

The platforming aspect of the game is almost non existent and there's too much backtracking through areas. There are no rewards for exploring apart from items which I have an unlimited supply of because of all my money - apart from the big items which you need to keep just for the bosses (Which by the way removes all strategy from the battles since it becomes use item X on boss Y). The story is predictable and enormously clichéd which is unfortunate in a Mario franchise that actually had story as a strong point. I also didn't find the puzzles satisfying - they just seemed like ways to slow you down and elongate the game even more.

By the end of me playing all I was doing was walking past enemies through levels, occasionally jumping and putting down a sticker until I managed to get to the end - it just became a chore.

So agreed.

Yamagushi

RR529

I honestly don't get the hate surrounding Sticker Star.

As for the game "not carrying the series' charm", I'd have to disagree. While I can understand the dissapointment towards the lack of partners & story, I think the game at least somewhat makes up for it in other areas. They took the whole paper theme to new heights (with the 3D really making it "pop" even moreso), and with the exception of world 3, every level felt unique, vibrant, and fun.

As for the battles being "pointless", just no. Battling earns you more coins at the end of an area, ultimately meaning you can build your inventory to suit your play style, instead of being forced to rely on what's lying around. Thus, the more you battle, the more you can strategize. As for the boss battles, there wasn't a "thing" sticker that ever made them one hit kills (although they did some noticeable damage, the bosses still put up a fight). Heck, I beat 3 of the bosses without using "thing" stickers, so it's not like they're required anyways.

I'm not saying it's the best Paper Mario out there, but I also think it gathers a lot of undeserved flak.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Yamagushi

RR529 wrote:

As for the battles being "pointless", just no. Battling earns you more coins at the end of an area, ultimately meaning you can build your inventory to suit your play style, instead of being forced to rely on what's lying around. Thus, the more you battle, the more you can strategize. As for the boss battles, there wasn't a "thing" sticker that ever made them one hit kills (although they did some noticeable damage, the bosses still put up a fight). Heck, I beat 3 of the bosses without using "thing" stickers, so it's not like they're required anyways.

Me and the person I quoted both ran into the issue of having way too many coins after only world 1. The battles were utterly pointless. Why strategize? I shouldn't have to work to entertain myself, that's the games job.. Sticker Star went down in my book as one of the worst games Ive ever played. Every fun element of the game was ripped out. The story was meh, characters in the game were boring and unimaginative with an almost entirely toad cast, combat was pointless with all leveling ripped out and no reason to fight as coins and stickers were way over plentiful, the map didnt even run like a paper mario game, with you having to jump in and out of each level and there being no actual world other than a map. IMHO, Miyamoto needs to retire already, hes lost it completely.

Yamagushi

New_3DaSh_XL

Lemme get this straight @Yamagushi. Miyamoto has made TONS of games, from Mario to Legend of Zelda to Pikmin to Nintendogs... and most of them are great. But the game that YOU think is bad and Miyamoto had just a little bit of influence on makes you think he should retire. Am I getting this right?

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

whynot-

I did not like paper mario sticker star at first, but it is enjoyable once you know what you are doing.
Anyways, I heard that sonic generations is really bad because their is nothing new on any level.

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/ssbu?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: 3Dgamer

Jaz007

I'm just going to end the duscussionwith this game now. The Hidden, I've never played, but I don't need to and don't want to spend money on a self-torture device. The game is almost literally unplayable. Here the is NLife review as proof, they even had @Chicken-Brutis review it. https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/12/hidden_3ds It's terribly built, and you have to have use different wifi acess points to progress in the game. It also involves walking around with your 3DS open for 5-7 minutes waiting something to happen

Jaz007

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.