3DS Forum

Topic: Wind Waker 3DS!!!

Showing 21 to 40 of 60

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

21. Posted:

Jumbif wrote:

IDEA! The WW sequels on DS kept the same art style. The 3DS could handle Ocarina of Time, and it has graphic capabilities close to that of the GameCube. So what about another Toon Link game (audience grumbling) BUT IT PLAYS LIKE THE 3D ZELDA GAMES!? (someone in the grumbling audience murmurs positively)

Yes. Putting Toon Link on the DS was a terrible decision. The 3DS could handle the graphics from the GameCube game, but couldn't outdo them enough to justify an enhanced port.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dynetheous

22. Posted:

im all for remakes, as long as the price is 20 dollars, otherwise i would like a new zelda game

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Roshi_the_Yoshi

23. Posted:

I would like a new Zelda game on the 3DS featuring Toon Link that isn't Isometric. Don't get me wrong but when I saw Phantom Hourglass come out on shelves I thought I was going to be able to take a "Wind Waker-esque" game on the go.

Roshi_the_Yoshi

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

24. Posted:

Well what we could use is 'Toon Link' Zelda games for both mindsets, those who like it (like myself) and those who don't. Nintendo needs to produce 'Toon Link' games that utilize the isometric design of Phantom Hourglass for us who like it and they need to make Zelda games with 'Toon Link' that aren't isometric in the style of Wind Waker. Nintendo has always been about 'something for everyone' so perhaps they'll do this.

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

25. Posted:

No not Wind waker.... It's good and all but the Sailing makes the game boring... and Yes give me a new Zelda (with no Toon link graphics, something like Oracle style link but not GBC)

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SanderEvers

26. Posted:

The Wii could handle TWW in enhanced graphics. And the 3DS is BEYOND THE WII GRAPHICWISE. So yes, the 3DS could do an enhanced remake of TWW or even Twilight Princess.

Yes.

But, like I said before, I want a NEW Zelda game.

Edited on by SanderEvers

SanderEvers

Nintendo Network ID: sanderevers

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

27. Posted:

SanderEvers wrote:

The Wii could handle TWW in enhanced graphics. And the 3DS is BEYOND THE WII GRAPHICWISE. So yes, the 3DS could do an enhanced remake of TWW or even Twilight Princess.

Yes.

But, like I said before, I want a NEW Zelda game.

Twilight Princess is a GameCube game, dude, lol. I don't understand why everyone thinks the 3DS can do Wii graphics...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dynetheous

28. Posted:

@sanderEvers thank you, stop the remakes unless there being sold for cheap, like 20 bucks. otherwise start making new games or the 3ds is taking a dive for the worse. a new zelda game should be in here soon..

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

29. Posted:

A new Legend of Zelda would be far more appealing. Chuck out Majora's Mask if you want, but I'd rather have a new one. Re-releases are good and can be improved upon, but if it's JUST re-releases, then it'll just get stale.

Also what's this whole 3DS is better than the Wii Graphic wise? The 3DS can't push out that kind of power, it even lags when your fighting Ganondorf on OoT, whether you have the 3D on or not.

Also, the Wii can push out some amazing graphics even without the higher end graphics, which is 1080p or something like that.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

30. Posted:

I'm sorry, but the graphics of the 3DS are far above those of both the Wii and GameCube.

Before this years E3 even ds.ign.com did an article on how the graphics of the 3DS are better than those of the Wii and GameCube. In an article that IGN published before last year's E3 they even broke down the specs on the 3DS and explained how the 3DS graphics are better than the Wii's and even be on par with the Wii. I remember reading on one game news site how the guy compared the PilotWings Resort graphics against those of Wii Sports Resort or was that Wired.com?

I myself think the graphics of Super Mario 3D Land are neck in neck with those of the Super Mario Galaxy games on the Wii.

What's with some people wanting the 3DS to be less than those of the Wii? Is it wrong for a handheld to have home console graphics?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Simmer_E

31. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

I'm sorry, but the graphics of the 3DS are far above those of both the Wii and GameCube.

Before this years E3 even ds.ign.com did an article on how the graphics of the 3DS are better than those of the Wii and GameCube. In an article that IGN published before last year's E3 they even broke down the specs on the 3DS and explained how the 3DS graphics are better than the Wii's and even be on par with the Wii. I remember reading on one game news site how the guy compared the PilotWings Resort graphics against those of Wii Sports Resort or was that Wired.com?

I myself think the graphics of Super Mario 3D Land are neck in neck with those of the Super Mario Galaxy games on the Wii.

What's with some people wanting the 3DS to be less than those of the Wii? Is it wrong for a handheld to have home console graphics?

I approve of thi statement!
Have you seen Mario Kart 7 guys?!
That game looks like MKW, and maybe even better!

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

32. Posted:

SanderEvers wrote:

And the 3DS is BEYOND THE WII GRAPHICWISE.

Any proof of this? Sounds like a load of BOLOGNA to me.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

33. Posted:

SimmerE15 wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

I'm sorry, but the graphics of the 3DS are far above those of both the Wii and GameCube.

Before this years E3 even ds.ign.com did an article on how the graphics of the 3DS are better than those of the Wii and GameCube. In an article that IGN published before last year's E3 they even broke down the specs on the 3DS and explained how the 3DS graphics are better than the Wii's and even be on par with the Wii. I remember reading on one game news site how the guy compared the PilotWings Resort graphics against those of Wii Sports Resort or was that Wired.com?

I myself think the graphics of Super Mario 3D Land are neck in neck with those of the Super Mario Galaxy games on the Wii.

What's with some people wanting the 3DS to be less than those of the Wii? Is it wrong for a handheld to have home console graphics?

I approve of thi statement!
Have you seen Mario Kart 7 guys?!
That game looks like MKW, and maybe even better!

Yes! I know right? When I saw Mario Kart 7 I was like 'shazam man!' these are the graphics of a Wii! I sure feel sorry for all those who are tossing their 3DS systems up for a trade in at GameStop. The graphics of both Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are blowing this fish out of the water with amazement. Furthermore, the graphics of Animal Crossing 3DS are clearly better than those of Animal Crossing City Folk.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

34. Posted:

I'd love to see Windwaker remastered for WiiU as a rerelease as a Gamecube VC game, personally.

Also, MK7 seems to have better shaders. MKWii, in comparison, looks a tad blurrier than MK7.

Just as the DS was stronger than the N64 (in some aspects), and the 3DS is seemingly stronger than the GCN (in some aspects, again).

What's interesting is that some rep from Capcom stated that the title screen of RE5 was even too much for Wii to handle (I think that's helluva exaggeration, really), but Capcom got a demo of RE5 running on 3DS which was a surprise to the developers, showing that the 3DS is a pretty strong system after all. Of course, it had to be optimized, surely.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

35. Posted:

@TokyoRed: The 3DS's polygon rendering is definitely a lot weaker than the Wii's. It makes up for that with superior shader technology, and the fact that the screen is smaller. The games take advantage of things like that to make everything look better, but there's no way it could handle the more impressive-looking Wii games.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

36. Posted:

Rift wrote:

@TokyoRed: The 3DS's polygon rendering is definitely a lot weaker than the Wii's. It makes up for that with superior shader technology, and the fact that the screen is smaller. The games take advantage of things like that to make everything look better, but there's no way it could handle the more impressive-looking Wii games.

Hmmm....I read in Nintendo Power that Shigeru Miamoto said Nintendo is going to create 3DS games with even better graphics next year. So, I'm laying my money on the 3DS as I believe that it is capable of seriously killer graphics. Have you seen the graphics on Resident Evil 3DS yet? Have you seen the graphics of Mario Kart 7? Eh?

Oh, and I forgot that Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has some smacking good graphics to. We will see home console graphics on handhelds in this generation and I believe that the 3DS and PSVita are ushering us into this revolution.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Meta-Rift

37. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Rift wrote:

@TokyoRed: The 3DS's polygon rendering is definitely a lot weaker than the Wii's. It makes up for that with superior shader technology, and the fact that the screen is smaller. The games take advantage of things like that to make everything look better, but there's no way it could handle the more impressive-looking Wii games.

Hmmm....I read in Nintendo Power that Shigeru Miamoto said Nintendo is going to create 3DS games with even better graphics next year. So, I'm laying my money on the 3DS as I believe that it is capable of seriously killer graphics.

Yes. But those games exploit shaders and the lower resolution to look better on the 3DS. Its hardware alone doesn't compare with what the Wii is capable of.

TokyoRed wrote:

Have you seen the graphics on Resident Evil 3DS yet? Have you seen the graphics of Mario Kart 7? Eh?

I haven't actually played Resident Evil, I've heard that the graphics are decent for everything nearby the player, but the game needs to use low-detail assets for distant objects. Mario Kart 7's graphics aren't as good as Mario Kart Wii's, that's easy to see from comparing screenshots. Of course, you won't be able to tell the difference when it's on the 3DS's screen. That's why handhelds usually don't need to be as powerful as consoles.

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GreatManaTree

38. Posted:

WW is possible, and my prediction is that it will be re- released after Majora's Mask 3d. hell, yeah.

GreatManaTree

AuthorMessage
Avatar

romulux

39. Posted:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

SanderEvers wrote:

The Wii could handle TWW in enhanced graphics. And the 3DS is BEYOND THE WII GRAPHICWISE.

Twilight Princess is a GameCube game, dude

i think he was talking about windwaker, but it doesn't matter. the point is that the 3DS looks better than the wii but it doesn't have nearly as much power underneath. all in all it would not be able to enhance the way windwaker looks in any way other than adding 3D, if anything it may compromise the visuals a little.

the main problem with windwaker being remade is that it doesn't need it, it still plays and looks great today. you don't overhaul and remake a game that still works, it's pointless. ocarina of time needed it and in my opinion majora's mask does too, there's way too much mask switching for buttons to handle in that game, but there's no obvious problem with windwaker that the 3DS can address is there?

again, nintendo's bringing gamecube games to the wii u VC and it's a safe bet windwaker will be one of them and it'll probably uprender just the way the n64 did on the wii's vc. i'd probably take HD over 3D, even though windwaker looks amazing in both.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

40. Posted:

You jerk, I was excited for a second! :(

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!