3DS Forum

Topic: Why the black frame around top 3DS screen?

Showing 41 to 52 of 52

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hardy83

41. Posted:

I do think the black looks silly, but because it's black you give it zero attention and the screen stands out better.

But don't worry, I'm sure some company will release decals.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

42. Posted:

If you have a Black 3DS, I guess you'll be at even more of an advantage, because the black bars won't stand out nearly as much against a black console than if it was clashing against the blue of a blue console...right? :)

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

default12345

43. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

If you have a Black 3DS, I guess you'll be at even more of an advantage, because the black bars won't stand out nearly as much against a black console than if it was clashing against the blue of a blue console...right? :)

Yes.

Edited on by default12345

default12345

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

44. Posted:

So no white 3DS ever? Oh well, I guess I'll get a black one someday then.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Majoras_Wrath

45. Posted:

Tj92 wrote:

ThunderSTM wrote:

Corbs wrote:

Thought it made the background colors stand out a bit. LOL. OCD really. :D

Please don't joke around like that. I don't know if you meant it, but I have OCD and find that very offensive.

Because I had OCD and if Corbie was just joking, I don't find that funny at all.

?

....

How is that offensive, exactly?

Majoras_Wrath

Nintendo Network ID: Bunny_Hood

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

46. Posted:

@ThunderSTM: Took me a bit to figure out what you said, as your new post was accidentally placed within the quote. I understand your point...I can definitely see where someone with a real disorder wouldn't appreciate jokes about said disorder. All it really is though is shorthand for saying you had kind of an obsessive-compulsive moment. Plenty of people do that without actually having a disorder. I'm sure Corbie meant no offense, anyway.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kevember

47. Posted:

I think it was a great idea to put the black frame around the screen, it makes the screen look more like a window; and if the frame were blue, sometimes the colors on the screen would mix with the color of the frame, because it's 3D.

Kevember

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

Corbs

48. Posted:

Who's joking. I'm as obsessive/compulsive as any human being on the planet Earth, trust me.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Odnetnin

49. Posted:

Corbie wasn't making fun of OCD or anything. I have that disorder (undiagnosed) and I didn't find that offensive.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stuffgamer1

50. Posted:

@Corbie: I think the LOL and the :D are what made him (and everybody else) think you were joking. At the very least, you find your own situation amusing, which is certainly better than feeling bad about it.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Texaswes

51. Posted:

abgar wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

warnerdan wrote:

@topic

One of the many reasons to have a black 3DS over a blue 3DS.

Agreed.

The Border is barely visible with a Black 3DS, therefore the Black 3DS looks more sleek and cooler than the blue. The blue just looks plain ugly.
But.... The blue 3DS top screen border is black too.

B/W Friend Code: 3267 4349 5407

"This is fun!" The hyper and small Victini said, playfully hopping on his bed, avoiding attacks from a Plasma Grunt's Scrafty.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Token_Girl

52. Posted:

Any customer can have a 3DS painted any color he wants, so long as it is black.

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0517 9582 3270
Pokemon SS FC: 4512 4783 5710
Mario Kart DS FC: 4211 7712 2928