Forums

Topic: Why Sticker Star fails and why Nintendo should stop making worse Paper Mario games

Posts 181 to 191 of 191

3dsplayer

OptometristLime wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

....Why is this thread still going? o_0

This thread keeps coming back, like a bad skin condition. Just look at all these

3dsplayer wrote:

bump s

Jealous hater detected

btw that was only 1 bump lol and everyone is saying "omg wow buddy gtfo blah blah kjdfngfd"

Edited on by 3dsplayer

League of legends username - 3dsplayer ( 2pacEn0t0ri0u3cr is currently banned)
Neopet shop - http://www.neopets.com/browseshop.phtml?owner=bosswario
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxeklRO7qWw

DefHalan

3dsplayer wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

This thread keeps coming back, like a bad skin condition. Just look at all these

3dsplayer wrote:

bump s

Jealous hater detected

btw that was only 1 bump lol and everyone is saying "omg wow buddy gtfo blah blah kjdfngfd"

Probably because people rarely "bump" on NL without adding more to the conversation

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

BearHunger

I was sold on this game when I learned how the stickers worked, so I was predisposed to like it. A battle system where every move was a consumable item was exactly what I wanted! No longer had I the option to default to the same old regular attacks for the sake of conserving FP.

When I got the game, I loved the battles because I found the task of clearing away the enemies as efficiently as possible addictive, even though it wasn't very challenging. The act of getting all those perfect bonuses was reward enough for me, and considering how much I enjoyed them, I did not think of the battles as a waste of time or pointless.

Of course, that's not all there is to the game. I loved watching this big paper world unfold before me and overcoming whatever Thing-based roadblocks I came across. The music and sound design help the world come alive like few games can manage. The game is very clever in its writing, map design, bosses, and aesthetics (everything except the Things and Mario's hammer is made of paper or cardboard). The absence of many of the series' hallmarks—lots of characters, badges, any real story to speak of, RPG elements—did not detract from my experience. The game is a new telling of a worn-out tale, but it's great in its own unique way.

All in all, this is one of my favorite action-adventure games.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

MsJubilee

This thread is still going?Wow.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Joestar-

Why not get Geno and Mallow back and make SMRPG2 for the Wii U, also if you wanna talk about bad Mario games on the 3DS don't forget NSMB2 and Island Tour

Joestar-

Joestar-

Tops wrote:

One of my biggest problems besides the backtracking and obtuse specific-item puzzles was that the bosses were broken. Most of the time I had no idea which item I had to turn into a sticker to use (if I had even found the item needed) so I would waste almost all my stickers or I had the item and the boss became laughably easy.

Oh man don't even remind me about that whole part with the Wiggler

Joestar-

OptometristLime

3dsplayer wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

3dsplayer wrote:

bump s

Jealous hater detected

To be fair you quoted someone and then posted again to bump the thread; if you look back probably about half of the posts on here are yours rather than other users.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

3dsplayer

DefHalan wrote:

3dsplayer wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

3dsplayer wrote:

bump s

Jealous hater detected

Probably because people rarely "bump" on NL without adding more to the conversation

stfu

3dsplayer

PokeMarioR wrote:

Tops wrote:

One of my biggest problems besides the backtracking and obtuse specific-item puzzles was that the bosses were broken. Most of the time I had no idea which item I had to turn into a sticker to use (if I had even found the item needed) so I would waste almost all my stickers or I had the item and the boss became laughably easy.

Oh man don't even remind me about that whole part with the Wiggler

Most annoying part of the game

Edited on by 3dsplayer

Nintendo_Ninja

Well, the comments are beginning to sum up where this thread is going. It's time for all of us to abandon this thread!

Edited on by Nintendo_Ninja

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

theblackdragon

3dsplayer wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

3dsplayer wrote:

OptometristLime wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

3dsplayer wrote:

bump s

Jealous hater detected

stfu

what's that? you'd like the thread locked because you have nothing more to add? okay! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.