3DS Forum

Topic: Why is everyone Dissing Nintendo?

Showing 1 to 20 of 26

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Collz

1. Posted:

Whats the deal? Whats with all the Nintendo hate at the moment?

Im 33, ive have at some point in my life owned every single Nintendo console, I love Nintendo, they have a soul. (unlike Microsoft & Sony)
Ive had XBOX's (3 that broke) & I have 2 PS3's, TBH I hardly ever switch them on now, so boring & over rated.

Now all I see & hear about is people complaining about Wii U, comparing it with PS3 or moaning about the price of 3DS or how they are going top trade it in after a couple of months!!!!!!

They have announced a 3DS price drop (this was expected) We are getting 20 Free games (this was unexpected) Im HAPPY.
I bought 3 3DS on launch day, (one for me & 2 for my sons) We LOVE them!
No headaches, no problems, the 3D works great, We are loving Zelda & the eshop, replaying some great gameboy games, soon we will be able to play NES, GBA & Game Gear games, Soon we will have Mario 3D, Mario Kart, Starfox & Luigis Mansion 2.

Why would you not want a handheld Nintendo, that is like a portable Nintendo game museum, from game & watch right up to Zelda OOT 3D?
We have 2 Wii's, we use them all the time, they are reliable, the games are great, so is VC & most importantly they are FUN !!!!

Come on, Lets have some NINTENDO LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

2. Posted:

That's been how it is for quite some time now. I just learn to ignore it most of the time. It is quite irritating though. What can I say? Haters gonna hate.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

3. Posted:

^ I completely agree with everyything you say. Whereas I can see why some people might be slightly unhappy at the 3DS Price-Drop, I have no understanding of what the problem is with the Wii U or all that crap about the 3D Eye-Strain which is complete .

Edited on by theblackdragon

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

4. Posted:

Collz wrote:

I love Nintendo, they have a soul. (unlike Microsoft & Sony)

And right there is your problem.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

5. Posted:

I agree with you. But being happy and enjoying your video games is too much to ask of people I guess :P

If it helps I'm happy with all of my Nintendo products (and my PS3 as well)

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

6. Posted:

Because Tingle scared them all as children.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Collz

7. Posted:

I hope Wii U, is nothing like PS3,

what happens when I sign in on PS3?
I see a list of "friends" all playing domination on COD black ops !!!!! YAWN !

(now, if you want to play a fun FPS on multiplayer, you need an N64 a copy of goldeneye & 4 controllers)

Collz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

8. Posted:

I find all the Nintendo hate to be irritating too, but what can you do? They're gonna talk their smack and most of it is just people who want that M-rated, bloody, cussing, boobs and butts Xbox and PS3 experience on a Nintendo system and find Nintendo's more whimsical,wholesome, quirky approach to games to be "gay" or "lame" or whatever. At least that's a lot of it, in my opinion.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Noire

9. Posted:

This guy is right. People, stop having your legitimate concerns with Nintendo as a business and just learn to blindly love everything they've ever done without any real reason to. That is the true path to being a fanboy whose position is as equally annoying as any Microsoft/Sony fan a good, well-mannered, intelligent and fun to be around kind of person.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

10. Posted:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

This guy is right. People, stop having your legitimate concerns with Nintendo as a business and just learn to blindly love everything they've ever done without any real reason to. That is the true path to being a fanboy whose position is as equally annoying as any Microsoft/Sony fan a good, well-mannered, intelligent and fun to be around kind of person.

Nintendo, as a company, has made mistakes lately, yes, but the level of hate is astounding. Even certain mods on this site are joining in and it's disheartening. There was uproar about Playstation Network's breach of security and Xbox's red ring fiasco, but Nintendo has never had issues like those come up and yet their level of criticism makes the complaints on those seem like nothing. What really has Nintendo done that's so horrible aside from refusing to release three Japanime RPGs that likely wouldn't sell a million copies combined in the United States and launch a piece of hardware too early?

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

11. Posted:

To be honest negative comments are just the way the internet is because people can say anything to anyone or bash anything with no risk. Its not just Nintendo products either, any product or form of media(movies etc.) is usually flooded with negative and sometimes offensive comments on the internet. I guess people are not allowed to enjoy anything anymore. If it starts to bother you (like it does me at times) take some breaks from websites for a while. It will help.

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

citizenerased

12. Posted:

I'm going for approach #3: Neither being cynical or overreact to Nintendo's strategies, nor love what is essentially a soulless company. It's a corporation, I don't care about corporations. I care about the games they develop.

Nintendo continues to develop top-of-the-range video games, I continue to buy Nintendo products. It's that simple. (I'll admit the pure quantity of those titles is absurdly low this year, though.)

Also, the above posted has a point, the internet is pretty damn cynical. Oh, look at me, being jaded about cynicism.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

yoyo1212

13. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

Because Tingle scared them all as children.

i think majora scared them

guy: now remember kid's don't steel boat's raid cities or pillage.

kid: what! o_O

guy: oh um i meant don't do drug's

3DS fc 4682-8505-4147

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VaultBoyCEO

14. Posted:

Microsoft and Sony don't gave a soul ?
Didn't stop you buying their consoles
Give me a break

VaultBoyCEO

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

15. Posted:

VaultBoyCEO wrote:

Microsoft and Sony don't gave a soul ?
Didn't stop you buying their consoles
Give me a break

All companies are soulless. That's the nature of the game. However, I do wish that Microsoft and Sony had more exclusive, first party titles that would make me want to invest more time in them the way that Nintendo has. And gimme some platformers! Geez. It's LittleBigPlanet or bust on Sony if you're a platforming fan and next to nothing at all on Xbox.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link79

16. Posted:

I'm 32 and I've been around through everything they've done.
Yes they've made mistakes in the past but I still enjoy their games to this day.
The Whimsical nature of Nintendo is what has kept me faithfull all this time.
I do enjoy Sony games on occasion. I'm not one of those guys who only buys Nintendo products.
I guess my favor is mostly on the Nintendo side because that's what I grew up with.
It was my childhood and the reason I play videogames in the first place.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

17. Posted:

Afrancio wrote:

I guess people are not allowed to enjoy anything anymore.

You have just figured out the secret to the internet.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

18. Posted:

Because not everyone is willing to put up with Ninty's crap all the time.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bboy2970

19. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Because not everyone is willing to put up with Ninty's crap all the time.

Not putting up with their crap is one thing. Constant hate for anything and everything they do no matter what is quite another.

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

20. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Because not everyone is willing to put up with Ninty's crap all the time.

This.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.