Forums

Topic: Why aren't we going to see New Super Mario Bros. 2 on Nintendo DS/DSi systems?

Posts 21 to 39 of 39

Gold_Ranger

Best Buy and Future Shop have a trade-in program now as well as EB (if there are any left) and GameStop.

Gold_Ranger

TysonOfTime

@Takendown
Unfortunately for your rumors, the 3DSXL seems to be the same material as that of it's DSi counterpart, and in Videos and hands-on demos seems to be better in fact than the original 3DS. Of course, it is a matter of opinion, but I personally do enjoy the look of the new design.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

bro2dragons

It's OUTRAGEOUS that Nintendo has stopped supporting the Nintendo Entertainment System! I've spent the last 20 years DILIGENTLY and PATIENTLY waiting for just SOME new game for my system and they've just left me here with no choice but to buy their new thing! It's absolutely ridiculous that they announced NintendoLand for Wii U instead of NES! Suffice to say, I feel mistreated and betrayed by this company I used to love.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
Need a second opinion before grabbing that unknown new game? Come check out my reviews at WiiWareWave, "The Friendliest Nintendo site on the 'Net."

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

bro2dragons wrote:

It's OUTRAGEOUS that Nintendo has stopped supporting the Nintendo Entertainment System! I've spent the last 20 years DILIGENTLY and PATIENTLY waiting for just SOME new game for my system and they've just left me here with no choice but to buy their new thing! It's absolutely ridiculous that they announced NintendoLand for Wii U instead of NES! Suffice to say, I feel mistreated and betrayed by this company I used to love.

I lol'd.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

TeeJay

The 3DS XL looks cheaper because it's not glossy. End of story.

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Takendown

bro2dragons wrote:

It's OUTRAGEOUS that Nintendo has stopped supporting the Nintendo Entertainment System! I've spent the last 20 years DILIGENTLY and PATIENTLY waiting for just SOME new game for my system and they've just left me here with no choice but to buy their new thing! It's absolutely ridiculous that they announced NintendoLand for Wii U instead of NES! Suffice to say, I feel mistreated and betrayed by this company I used to love.

[/div]

Hah! I, too, lol'd.

While my main argument seemed to have focused around Nintendo no longer supporting the DS series, I'm more focused on why they can't at least try and give us DS users something new. Something like giving us New Super Mario Bros. 2! I think it would work/look very well IMO.

Edited on by Takendown

Takendown

R-L-A-George

You can get 3DS XL, its coming out soon.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

TysonOfTime

Takendown wrote:

While my main argument seemed to have focused around Nintendo no longer supporting the DS series, I'm more focused on why they can't at least try and give us DS users something new. Something like giving us New Super Mario Bros. 2! I think it would work/look very well IMO.

Like it has been stated before, Nintendo wants to put all there support behind the new product, so that doesn't leave support leftover for the old. A bit depressing, but it happens with each console generation, with each company.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

RYBlast

NSMB2's biggest feature, Coin Rush, relies on StreetPass, which is exclusive to the 3DS platform.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

Takendown

TysonQ7 wrote:

Takendown wrote:

While my main argument seemed to have focused around Nintendo no longer supporting the DS series, I'm more focused on why they can't at least try and give us DS users something new. Something like giving us New Super Mario Bros. 2! I think it would work/look very well IMO.

[/div]

Like it has been stated before, Nintendo wants to put all there support behind the new product, so that doesn't leave support leftover for the old. A bit depressing, but it happens with each console generation, with each company.

I now understand that, thanks all!

Looks like I'll have to trade in my beloved Nintendo DSi XL for the all-new then, eh? As hard as that is, it must be done in order for me to at least stay up to date. Like most said, at least I don't have to let my DS Library of games disappear.

Takendown

Undead_terror

its funny how this turned into a 3ds xl thread.
anyway I guess your gonna need to trade in your dsi xl and then have some money as well to pay the rest off

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Takendown

dark-insanity wrote:

its funny how this turned into a 3ds xl thread.
anyway I guess your gonna need to trade in your dsi xl and then have some money as well to pay the rest off

Well, it was posted in the 3DS section. One can only predict this would happen.

Takendown

Gold_Ranger

That and your current system is the iXL, I naturally thought you'd be going after the 3XL

Gold_Ranger

Takendown

Red_Kinetic wrote:

That and your current system is the iXL, I naturally thought you'd be going after the 3XL

Not after what I've heard.

According to others, it lacks certain things and roumer has it that it:
-Contains cheap plastics to keep the prices down.
-Lacks the "3D ON/OFF" LED.
-Does not come with a charger. Chargers must be bought seperately unless you have a 3DS/DSi/DSi XL charger to use.

Just things like that. Plus, I know I'd naturally upgrade to the 3DS XL but then I'll feel that I haven't had the XL for long. I at least want to keep it for a while instead of just shelling it out for the new thing, if that makes sense...:s

Takendown

RYBlast

Guys, trade-in programs are sometimes rip-offs. Selling your 3DS on eBay will probably get you more money for an XL than a trade-in.

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

Gold_Ranger

No charger only for Europe.
I like that the 3D light is gone... it was pointless and used up battery power.
Same plastics as before, just less shiny.
Microphone is now in a better spot.
Power Lights are also in a better spot.
Hopefully, the hinge issue has been fixed.

Gold_Ranger

Takendown

Red_Kinetic wrote:

No charger only for Europe.
I like that the 3D light is gone... it was pointless and used up battery power.
Same plastics as before, just less shiny.
Microphone is now in a better spot.
Power Lights are also in a better spot.
Hopefully, the hinge issue has been fixed.

Just watched a video explaining the reason why it doesn't come with a charger. The simple reason is that 'most people have owned a previous handheld.'. When you say same plastics, what plastics are you refering to? The one on the inside? To me, the inside plastics look very similar to POP station plastics which of course is very cheap. I just don't like how it looks but I'll probably go for one because it's a 3DS anyway.

Takendown

Gold_Ranger

Interior and Exterior casing.
Your DSi XL Charger will work with your 3DS XL or 3DS.

Gold_Ranger

theblackdragon

Takendown wrote:

While my main argument seemed to have focused around Nintendo no longer supporting the DS series, I'm more focused on why they can't at least try and give us DS users something new.

they are still giving DS users new things, though — Pokemon Conquest just hit, and Pokemon Black/White v.2 are coming to the west later this year.

that said, when a new console generation starts, it's natural for companies to start supporting the new as opposed to the old. the DSi was a DS revision that didn't make any significant leaps over what the DS could handle, thus it remained a 7th-gen device, while the 3DS is considered 8th-gen. DS games will eventually peter to a halt as Nintendo and third parties throw their support behind the 8th-gen stuff — that's why you won't be seeing NSMB2 on the DS/i.

since the conversation seems to have turned to the 3DSXL, please feel free to take your thoughts to the confirmation thread here. thank you :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have ...

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Top

Sorry, this topic has been locked.