Forums

Topic: Who took a dump on my DS games?

Posts 81 to 96 of 96

geek-master

Mickeymac wrote:

@geek-master

Stop, just...stop. Take it from a master of making a fool of himself, and just...stop.

how am i making a fool of myself? i would like an example.

back on topic. i think ds games would look fine but everyone seems to think other wize. well im getting one next month so i will have a CLEAR opinion by then

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

skywake

Mickeymac wrote:

@skywake

I take it you mean the 3DS uses the Bi-Linear method. Just wanna double check. Maybe a future 3DS with more power under the hood could use cubic?

I'm fairly sure it would use bi-linear but don't quote me on that. Just pointing out why the blurring effect happens and why it's better than the alternatives (i.e. nearest neighbour)

@geek-master
"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

It isn't just Sony or MS fanboys posting on Nintendo forums that are trolls. Trolls include people who intentionally say ridiculous things just to get a reaction which is sometimes REALLY funny if done right. I do concede though that it is now fairly clear that you are not a troll and are simply really, really, misinformed.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Knux

I just played some Okamiden on my 3DS, it looks great to me and plays magnificently due to the Circle Pad!

Knux

geek-master

Hyper Knuckles wrote:

I just played some Okamiden on my 3DS, it looks great to me and plays magnificently due to the Circle Pad!

i heard that game was was very decent. it was probably very fun to play on your 3DS i presume? also how does club house games play on the 3DS?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear

Link79

Maybe I'm on my own with this one but I think they look better on the 3DS. So much more bright and colorfull.
I tried playing the games on my old Fat DS and they look terrible all of a sudden. The screens seem so dim and murky.
You can see each individual pixel in the games and it just looks ugly. I never noticed until I spent a few days with the 3DS. The DS games don't seem blurry to me at all on it.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

bboy2970

Link79 wrote:

Maybe I'm on my own with this one but I think they look better on the 3DS. So much more bright and colorfull.
I tried playing the games on my old Fat DS and they look terrible all of a sudden. The screens seem so dim and murky.
You can see each individual pixel in the games and it just looks ugly. I never noticed until I spent a few days with the 3DS. The DS games don't seem blurry to me at all on it.

I agree they look better compared to DS phat. But have you played on a DS lite or DSi before? Those are definitely the pinnacle of DS game visuals.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Link79

Nah I never did buy a DSi or DS lite. I still have my old dinosaur DS. It still works so I figured why get another just for a smaller size or built in cameras. Now that I have a 3DS I guess the original system's only purpose is to play GBA games.
Unless they start putting those games up for download. Then my DS fat will be useless.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

skywake

The DS Lite screen is significantly better than the original so it doesn't surprise me the 3DS looks better than the original DS. I remember getting the DS Lite when it first game out and playing a multiplayer game of Mairo Kart DS vs friends outside.... kicking their because I was the only one who could see the screen.

Quick question though (off topic?) does the 3DS screen look better than the DS Lite/DSi for brightness and colour in a side by side comparison?
doesn't has 3DS yet/is waiting for OoT

Edited on by theblackdragon

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Papa_Godzilla

it was a bit disapointing at first, but i got used to it. and not all games suffer from this neither.

i currently play might and magic (the puzzle game) and it looks super.
playing picross 3d is another story. yes indeed, it looks blurry at first.

Papa_Godzilla

R-L-A-George

theblackdragon wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Otaku wrote:

They look fine to me

This.

thirded. maybe i'll feel differently after going through my entire library of games, but the few i've tried so far looked fine IMO. maybe i'm just more forgiving?

4th'ed, Pokemon Black looks fine.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

Superducky

geek-master, you made my day.

But don't you think the resolution problem is more a matter of Pixel Calibration issues? I've noticed that If I remove the CPU and reinsert it using the European method, everything runs much smoother.

Proud owner of a Cosmo Black 3DS

Dragonfly224

R-L-A-George wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Tj92 wrote:

Otaku wrote:

They look fine to me

This.

thirded. maybe i'll feel differently after going through my entire library of games, but the few i've tried so far looked fine IMO. maybe i'm just more forgiving?

4th'ed, Pokemon Black looks fine.

Same goes for me too, Pokemon Black and Rhythm Heaven look fine for me , if not better.

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

geek-master

Superducky wrote:

geek-master, you made my day.

But don't you think the resolution problem is more a matter of Pixel Calibration issues? I've noticed that If I remove the CPU and reinsert it using the European method, everything runs much smoother.

its a done deal. i goofed up big time. you dont have to rub it in....
in general im guessing games like spirit tracks fare well on the 3DS hardware?

Edited on by geek-master

Philip_J_Reed

Out of curiosity I played some Chrono Trigger on my 3DS today. It's the first time I used a non 3DS game on it, and figured it'd be a good one since the text was already kind of small, and there was certainly a lot of it.

And it looked fine to me. I'll admit that it took me a few minutes to adjust, but it really didn't look that bad at all. I can understand why folks--if they have the luxury--would prefer to keep a DS/i in order to play those games, but for anyone who just gets stuck with a single system, they look fine on the 3DS to this old bird.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.