Forums

Topic: Which Pokemon Do You Think Will Get a Mega In This Year's Game?

Posts 121 to 140 of 169

iKhan

MetalK9 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Mega Vileplume
Grass/Poison
Ability: Solar Power
HP: 75
Atk: 80
Def: 85
Sp. Atk: 150 (+40)
Sp. Def: 100 (+10)
Spd: 100 (+50)

Mega Samurott
Water
Ability: Drizzle
HP: 95
Atk: 160 (+60)
Def: 105 (+20)
Sp. Atk: 128 (+20)
Sp. Def: 70
Spd: 70

This is basically what I'm talking about. Good variety. Mega's get a good douse on a stat but not to much, so it has room for bulk which Mega's get to stay in the game longer which is really what makes them fierce along with everything else.
M-Vileplume: I might make Sp. Atk and Spd drop by 5 each and then add that to Def, or even take another 5 off Spd and Sp.A and add it to the buffs (Cause Solar Power is like a Life Orb) since Solar Power boosts all moves anyways. Like Houndoom, it relies on the sun so the Mega is more prone to be used in a specific team (unless it has Sunny Day), but still capable of doing pretty well without it like M-Garchomps and it's Ability Sand-Force. Instant Solar-Beam + STAB + Solar Power is really powerful with 140 or 145 Sp.A and Giga Drain gives it that meaning to stay alive longer with Solar Power draining it away. Great Mega idea.

M-Samurott: I want too, but being based off a Samurai I think it also needs Fighting type. But I wouldn't add that type sadly, it can only learn very few Fighting moves and Retaliate and Super Power are the only decent ones. At that point, I'd go mainstream-alize and invent Fighter Stance!! ability making Normal moves into fighting moves! ... But I won't. And cause I can agree that these stats are friendly and that Drizzle Ability too that I adore. I can say this is something that would effect the Meta pretty well. Maybe take 10 Atk and add it to Sp.Def.

Actually, I'm still not personally happy with my M-Vileplume. Yes, SP is a ridiculously powerful ability, but it has 2 issues.

1. The damage over time is astronomical. Every pokemon with SP has the staying power of a wet paper bag. M-Vileplume alleviates this with Giga Drain
2. Speed. There aren't any SP users with particularly tanky builds, so they can't take attacks, so they need speed, but Mega Houndoom is the only SP Poke with good speed.

Prior to the reveal of the X/Y stats, I thought Heliolisk was the hero I thought we deserved. But I was wrong, with Parabolic Charge having terrible base power, it not learning flamethrower, and it having pretty poor stats overall.

I didn't make Mega Samurott Water/Fighting partly because I didn't want to give it one of the best attacking types in the game, a massive stat boost, AND drizzle. And partly because there are too many Water/Fighting types anyway.

If I make a fighting type, I want to do something that has never been done. Create a Fighting type that specifically hits the Sp. Def stat. Even Keldeo has Secret Sword to hit at the Def stat. Everything that runs Aura Sphere or Focus Blast is either something that can go mixed, or a non-fighting type.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Araquanid

Water/Fighting samurott would be bad consituring he gets very few (if any) fighting STABs to work with and it makes him talonflame bait. I do agree he deserves an additional type but I can't think of anything logical or benefical to him that corisponds to his movepool. For example.. I ask why would I use that mega samurott over mega gyarados? Unless your goal is to try and make pokemon slightly unviable for lower competitive fields where they flourish and exile.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

KO-Cub

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Mega Garchomp appreciates the SpA boost because garchomps run mixed occasionally to hit certain pokemon harder. For example, a garchomp may run draco meteor to catch a landorus-t switch in by surprise or fire blast to nuke skarm and ferrothorn. That boost in SpA was not useless in the slightest.

Lol. I never said Mega-Chomp was useless. I was using M-Chomp as an example for what stats should look like when Pokemon Mega evolves. You had no idea that Garchomp would be rejoicing at the time of getting that extra Sp.A boost until it was confirmed. You shouldn't just use Mega-Beedrill as a Template for everything. I could make all my mega's be capable of Mega-Evolving without a Stone. Because Dunsparce is so bad, then we should think it would need a mega without a stone. Not every mega needs to go to OU cause not all Mega's need to be at there best, but just viable. That's why we make them, cause we're fans and we want to see our favorites do more than what it can or make something so abstract to see where it could lead us. Alakazam sits over there with it's 90BS gain who became a fun great Pokemon that effected the Meta without anything so big.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

DreamyViridi

iKhan wrote:

Mega Delibird...

Nope, I can't think of anything that wouldn't get too convoluted.

I remember seeing a Mega Delibird design on DeviantArt. One of the comments of the picture talked about making a new ability to go with the artist's idea of a new move. Another one provided stats:

Mega Delibird (Ice/Flying)
HP: 45
Attack: 85 (+30)
Defense: 45
Sp. Attack: 95 (+30)
Sp. Defense: 55 (+10)
Speed: 105 (+30)
Ability: Huge Power (?)

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Wheeler

^Yep. That poor Pokémon needs Huge Power. Moves it could run for being physical:

Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Destiny Bond
Gunk Shot
Seed Bomb
Aerial Ace
Brick Break

Such a limited move pool.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Araquanid

MetalK9 wrote:

I was using M-Chomp as an example for what stats should look like when Pokemon Mega evolves.You had no idea that Garchomp would be rejoicing at the time of getting that extra Sp.A boost until it was confirmed.

On the contrary, garchomp did become more useless even with the SpA gain. The mega also reduced his speed stat by 10 points.. which is crucial because the only problem garchomps had before was being outsped by the latis, and keldeo.. forcing most garchomp to run sash leads or scarf. Instead of adding 10 into speed, they reduced 10 and put 10 in SpD and 20 in Def... which protects it from nothing as moves are either a 2HKO or a OHKO reguardless. Now the problem with mega garchomp is absolutely nobody uses it because the is no reason to use it over other megas or scarf chomp to actually deal with it's threats. Even hydreigon become a new counter adding to M-garchomp's problems with dragons outspeed it and nuking with draco.

I could make all my mega's be capable of Mega-Evolving without a Stone. Because Dunsparce is so bad, then we should think it would need a mega without a stone.

Don't get overdramatic. Like anything other than rayquaza is going to get a mega without a stone... other than potentially other box legend megas.

MetalK9 wrote:

Not every mega needs to go to OU cause not all Mega's need to be at there best, but just viable. That's why we make them, cause we're fans and we want to see our favorites do more than what it can or make something so abstract to see where it could lead us.

Then what's the point of mega evolution then? If we're going to give pokemon mega evolutions and make them no better than their former selfs or outclassed by everything else even in NU.. then they're pretty much worthless for the most part and never to be used in competitive play.. beedrill for example is complete useless in ranked battle spot, VGC, and other offical metagames and should never be consitured for such serious teams even when minmaxed to ridiculous stats. Hell, if you look at the VGC viability rankings, it says a team should never be without kangaskhan and salamence.. that is horribly sad that out of 47 mega evolutions.. not of them should even be consitured other than the 2 above. We want to try and give pokemon more diversity... if we make everything as useless as mega audino, then there is no point in that pokemon getting a mega. If we're going to make megas that become as broken and OP as possible like rayquaza, mence, and kangaskhan, then again there's no point because they just ruin the fun for other casual players.

Alakazam sits over there with it's 90BS gain who became a fun great Pokemon that effected the Meta without anything so big.

Mega Alakazam is not effecting the meta in anyway... he's frailer than a wet paper towel, he's BL in ou because regular alakazam outclasses him with magic guard+focus sash, and he's just slightly too strong for UU. It has as much usage, if not less than venomoth in OU, and how many of those do you see? Mega alakazam was pointless because it achieved nothing.. it just sits in the forever to be forgotten tier that is BL. If he got a better ability like adaptability and put most of those stat points in defense than SpA, then he'd become more useful and potentially viable with his current speed tier.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

So how about a Mega Muk?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

Muk

Reg:
Hp: 105
Atk: 105
Def: 75
SpA: 65
SpD: 100
Spe: 50

Mega:
Atk: 165 +60
Def: 105 +30
SpD: 130 +30
Spe: 30 -20
Ability: Sheer force/stench/ironfist/gooey

My Shinies

iKhan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Minmaxing is basicly trying to minimize every pokemon's weakpoints and maximize it's biggest selling points. For example, removing 30 useless SpA points from mega beedrill, and using that 30 to bring beedrill's speed and attack stat extremely high with an overkill ability like adaptability to boost it's offenses would be minmaxing. Beedrill went from having 45 SpA, to 15.. and brought 90 atk and 75 speed to 150 with adaptability and 145 to make it as strong as possible.

Likewise I do a small ammount of minmaxing for some of the megas like taking out some of clawitzer's meh attack stat and putting it into speed or SpA to make it as powerful as possible.

Camerupt and sableye minmaxed a little too.. removing points in speed to bring up defenses/offenses.

I still find my mons to be realistic as I picture them used in the current metagame.. when I build them, I think, "Hmm.. what can this pokemon do to become viable and have it's positive traits oversell other pokemon that outclass/compete with other mons and impact the metagame?" Obviously there will be broken ones here and there like mence and kanga were.. or fricken rayquaza... and then subpar ones like obamasnow and camerupt. However this is all theorymoning to begin with, this entire thread is nothing but theorymons that potentally will never happen. Lilligant for example, viridi's suggestion, would be an amazing force in the current meta.. it would check a lot of teams such as HO and potentially balanced while providing support in priority healing wish and sleep powder.. that would be metagame defining and give it niches over other pokemon that take up mega slots.

Well there's the difference. I'm not really theorymoning (creating hypothetical scenarios for the Metagame). I'm just making creative pokemon and/or stat distributions I think GameFreak might put out and/or pokemon I personally would like to see.

By the way, a lot of people have mentioned Mega Butterfree, but they haven't really made it. Until NOW!

Butterfree
Bug/Flying
HP: 60
Atk: 45
Def: 50
Sp. Atk: 90
Sp. Def: 80
Spd: 70
Ability: CompoundEyes/Tinted Lens

Mega:
Bug/Psychic
HP: 60
Atk: 25 (-20)
Def: 40 (-10)
Sp. Atk: 160 (+70)
Sp. Def: 80
Spd: 130 (+60)
Ability: Magic Guard

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

KO-Cub

iKhan wrote:

Well there's the difference. I'm not really theorymoning (creating hypothetical scenarios for the Metagame). I'm just making creative pokemon and/or stat distributions I think GameFreak might put out.

@MegaBeedrill - This is what I'm talking about. Your in your own little world only thinking of the Meta and you missed my point. GameFreak probably knew M-Chomp was worse with it's stats, but they released it anyway, not for the Meta, but for the game and the people.

@iKhan - If Butterfree would stay Flying when it Mega evolves, do you think it'd get Aerialate?

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

iKhan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Muk

Reg:
Atk: 105
Def: 75
SpD: 100
Spe: 50

Mega:
Atk: 165 +60
Def: 105 +30
SpD: 130 +30
Spe: 30 -20
Ability: Sheer force/stench/ironfist/gooey

Eh, I think this fixes part of the problem with Muk's attack, but Muk still has the trouble with no reliable recovery. With no lefties, he's gonna be eventually worn down. I think a good fix would be to give him Regenerator. It would make sense logically too.

Also, it's a crying shame he still can't use that amazing special movepool.

DreamyViridi

@iKhan - After what GF did with Beedrill, yeah; I can see them giving Butterfree treatment similar to that. Although I feel the ability would be Compound Eyes. Only Sleep Powder would benefit but with that speed, it'd still do some damage.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Araquanid

If butterfree got a mega, it'd probably just reverse the stat distribuations. (-30 in attack, buffed speed and SpA)

My only concern for mega butterfree is how it's going to setup without sash consituring it's slow the turn it megas (needing protect) and murdered by priority like beedrill (except beedrill can u-turn those switch ins)

I actually think tinted lens would work out good for mega butterfree.. giving you unresisted STABs. Compoundeyes is good too.. but then you have a vivillon clone that can't hold an item (sash) and lacks hurricane.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Araquanid

MetalK9 wrote:

@MegaBeedrill - This is what I'm talking about. Your in your own little world only thinking of the Meta and you missed my point. GameFreak probably knew M-Chomp was worse with it's stats, but they released it anyway, not for the Meta, but for the game and the people.

Yeah and nobody uses it competitively or period in general. Whatever I'll keep my "own little world to myself" then while everything you make gets stuck in BL or lower. Never to be used just like alakazam and garchomp. I'm not creating a balanced meta, I'm making pokemon actually usable.. if nobody uses them then why bother wasting a slot on them... that is one complaint about mega evolution in general, is how GF handles it, making only a couple good usuable megas while the others aren't even worth it. (audino, banette, houndoom, etc)

As long as a pokemon stays out of the NU/BL/2/3/4/ubers viabilities then it's fine by me. Atleast it'll have usage and viability in it's respective metagame (for example, if steelix went BL2 then it'd be forever useless and neverused for anything as aggron does everything steelix does but better)

@iKhan yeah regenerator would be better actually. Good catch there.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

IceClimbers

You know, I can't help but think that GF would give Mega Muk Gooey for conceptual/design reasons. Regenerator would make more sense for competitive reasons though.

So what about Pangoro?

iKhan

Mega Pangoro
Scrappy
Atk: 154 (+30)
Def: 108 (+30)
Sp. Atk: 69
Sp. Def: 101 (+30)
Spd: 68 (+10)

Edited on by iKhan

IceClimbers

iKhan wrote:

Mega Pangoro
Scrappy
Atk: 154 (+30)
Def: 108 (+40)
Sp. Atk: 69
Sp. Def: 101 (+30)
Spd: 68 (+10)

Darn, if it could hold an item an Assault Vest would be kinda nice. Bit like Conkeldurr but with a Psychic immunity.

KryptoniteKrunch

I kinda hope for Luxray to get a Mega

Mega Luxray

Electric and Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw(?)
Stats:
HP: 85
Atk: 140
Def: 89
Sp. Atk: 100
Sp. Def: 89
Spd: 90

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Smeelio

Personally I'd like to see Mega Golurk. Maybe he's not popular enough, I dunno, but I think he's awesome anyway.

Smeelio

Wheeler

Sandslash

Atk: 100
Def: 110
SpA : 45
SpD: 55
Spe: 65

Mega Sandslash

Atk: 150
Def; 160
SpA: 55
SpD: 85
Spe: 105

Potential abilities could be Tough Claws or Sand Rush.

P.S. Does anyone have a hidden ability Sandshrew?

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.