Forums

Topic: Where is NA Flipnote Studio 3D?

Posts 121 to 140 of 162

sugarpixel

Yes, Colors! 3D is an entire social network, much like YouTube but for artwork. It even has a separate mature section, so I think they're okay. Not to mention the fact that they're not affiliated with Nintendo.

Anyway, things are looking more bleak than ever for Flipnote...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Hale-Bopp

iphys wrote:

My friend bought a 3DS in the summer specifically knowing that he could use Swapnote and Flipnote would be coming out soon, so that's a real rip-off that the main things he bought his 3DS for are potentially gone for good now. Legally, Nintendo could be in hot water for that, since they advertised that Flipnote 3D would be coming in the summer, and anyone that bought a 3DS with that in mind could demand to be refunded for their 3DS, since a product has to do what you claim it will.

Yup, this is really, really bad for Nintendo. This is the sort of thing that completely kills consumer confidence and loses you potential customers in the future.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

sugarpixel

Hale-Bopp wrote:

iphys wrote:

My friend bought a 3DS in the summer specifically knowing that he could use Swapnote and Flipnote would be coming out soon, so that's a real rip-off that the main things he bought his 3DS for are potentially gone for good now. Legally, Nintendo could be in hot water for that, since they advertised that Flipnote 3D would be coming in the summer, and anyone that bought a 3DS with that in mind could demand to be refunded for their 3DS, since a product has to do what you claim it will.

Yup, this is really, really bad for Nintendo. This is the sort of thing that completely kills consumer confidence and loses you potential customers in the future.

I don't think this will hurt Nintendo too much in the long run because, although there are people who bought the 3DS for these apps, I think most people's main focus is still on the games, not the extra apps. And those people, many in number, will still buy and play 3DS.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Hale-Bopp

Gioku wrote:

Hale-Bopp wrote:

iphys wrote:

I don't think this will hurt Nintendo too much in the long run because, although there are people who bought the 3DS for these apps, I think most people's main focus is still on the games, not the extra apps. And those people, many in number, will still buy and play 3DS.

Yeah, unfortunately you could be right about that.

I sometimes think I'm probably in the minority with my views on Nintendo. I skipped on the Wii U because I was burnt by my own experiences with the Wii. The way things are continuing, I could see myself skipping on their next handheld device as well. Nintendo software exclusives just aren't enough of a pull for me anymore.

NNID: Hale-XF11

Twitter:

Zando

I've said this before
but I though that after Swapnote's Spotpass was shut down, FS3D would be released in NA and Europe, albeit without the Friends gallery.
REALLY
How hard would it be for them to remove the Friends gallery service option from the menu and manual of the software?
I've been waiting for this app for a very long time and every week there's still no news, I get more and more frustrated.
I'm getting Colors! 3D.

Zando

OdnetninAges

Colors! 3D is a good software to get. It's basically Flipnote Hatena, but with 3D paintings instead of Animations. I got it to hold me over until Fs3D came out, and it's doing a good job.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Zando

I'm so frustrated.
No word on Flipnote in today's Direct. I could go cry. I really could.

Zando

LzWinky

Japan probably has it on hold until they can resolve the issues that happened in Japan

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BenAV

I think I'll be kind of sad when (or if) this finally does come out.
Gotten so used to everyone always asking and complaining about it, think I'll kind of miss that.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Zando

OK, they've had 3 months to resolve these issues. Come on now. It's clearly not a priority for Nintendo and that's frustrating.

Zando

GuSolarFlare

look at the bright side, Miiverse and Youtube are coming to the 3DS! so you can use those while you wait for flipnote(sorry I don't know why people are so crazy about it, I didn't have a DSi)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Zando

Yeah that's true. Except PARENTAL CONTROLS so no Youtube. Also why I wouldn't watch it on the PC instead I don't even know.

Zando

LzWinky

Sforzando wrote:

OK, they've had 3 months to resolve these issues. Come on now. It's clearly not a priority for Nintendo and that's frustrating.

Do you even know how long it takes to solve certain issues?

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Zando

mmmm not really. What issues are you talking about?
but let's just say healthcare.gov will be serviceable before FS3D comes out.

Zando

LzWinky

I'm just saying let's not pretend that we know how servers and other issues work. This really only leads to more upset feelings in the process.

If anything, I'm glad Nintendo is ironing out issues than releasing a half-baked app that won't work all the time.

Zando

Even if the servers are still the issue, I think a lot of fans would prefer to have the app released now, sans Gallery World. They could continue working out the bugs and enable Gallery World via a patch. In the meantime, people can get a head start creating Flipnotes.

EDIT: I'm in my last year of high school and likely heading off to college or on a LDS church mission next year. So more delays=less time I have to flip notes.

Edited on by Zando

Zando

noodlecollies

I really wish that it would just hurry up and come out already! I LOVED the original flip-note and I have been waiting for SO LONG for Flip-note 3D to come out. I was really sad when they said that they was going to close Flip-note. It literally made me cry.

Its a me a Mario!

Cubemaster

So, since August:
-New Pokemon games
-ALBW and Mario 3D World came out
-Miiverse for 3DS was released
-A new LoZ spinoff game was announced
-Chibi Robo: Photo Finder is coming to NA
-It became 2014.
-A ton of other stuff
-On an unrelated note, Sherlock Season 3 started.
Odds are, Half-Life 3 will come out before this.

Cubemaster

KokiriSoul

MasterofCubes wrote:

So, since August:
-New Pokemon games
-ALBW and Mario 3D World came out
-Miiverse for 3DS was released
-A new LoZ spinoff game was announced
-Chibi Robo: Photo Finder is coming to NA
-It became 2014.
-A ton of other stuff
-On an unrelated note, Sherlock Season 3 started.
Odds are, Half-Life 3 will come out before this.

Sadly, I agree ):

I don't add people I don't know. So get to know me first! :D
Colors 3D: Kokiri Lumps I used to be "Kokiri Soul"

Hi guys! :D

3DS Friend Code: 1032-2027-2452 | Nintendo Network ID: KokiriSoul

AIrider08

by the time Flipnote 3DS comes out, Halo 2056 and Mario Kart 9001 will come out ._.

Currently Playing:
Mario Kart 7
Super Street Fighter IV - 3D Edition
Pokemon Y [Pokemon are in Pokemon Bank]
Sonic Lost World
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS [SOON]
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4407-7430 | Nintendo Network ID: AIrider08

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.