Forums

Topic: Where is NA Flipnote Studio 3D?

Posts 101 to 120 of 162

SkywardLink98

We should just spam nintendo with emails until they release it

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Retrowire

SkywardLink98 wrote:

We should just spam nintendo with emails until they release it

Agreed, the movement starts today!

Just kidding.

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

sugarpixel

Untitled
Someday, in the distant future...

...Flipnote Studio 3D will come to the west...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

Untitled
^Me waiting for Flipnote Studio 3D.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Turnip

I have the Japanese version of Flipnote Studio 3D, and I can honestly say that it's for the greater good that Nintendo is fixing/upgrading their servers before the Western release. Waiting for flipnotes in the world gallery to load is painful to say the least.

Cringing is really fun.

Retrowire

Release Date: TBD.

October 14, 2013.

The wait continues... D:

So what are we playing in the mean time? Personally, I'm learning how to develop video games with my wife! I'm learning coding, and she's learning the other ends like design. Yay!

Retro Gaming Enthusiast. Nintendo Fan. Amateur Video Game Historian. Electronics Hobbyist.

HappyHappyist

Retrowire wrote:

So what are we playing in the mean time? Personally, I'm learning how to develop video games with my wife! I'm learning coding, and she's learning the other ends like design. Yay!

i consider myself pretty well at coding C++, i'm learning JavaScript for a science project. i think by the time we've learned how to make games inside and out, FN3D will still be in development.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Retrowire

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

i consider myself pretty well at coding C++, i'm learning JavaScript for a science project. i think by the time we've learned how to make games inside and out, FN3D will still be in development.

IT'S THE SADDEST TRUTH. D: Hey have you ever heard of Codecademy.com? Judging by your signature, you would LOVE that place! I'm using it as a free resource to learn coding. It's seriously the best. You've gotta try it.

sugarpixel

Well, I'm not so worried about Flipnote anymore; I've now got Pokémon Y and Mario & Luigi Dream Team to keep me occupied.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

HappyHappyist

Retrowire wrote:

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

IT'S THE SADDEST TRUTH. D: Hey have you ever heard of Codecademy.com? Judging by your signature, you would LOVE that place! I'm using it as a free resource to learn coding. It's seriously the best. You've gotta try it.

as a matter of fact, i have been there. i hardly go there though, i spend a bit more time here.
http://webteacher.com/javascript/
it's a lot less user friendly, but it's what i'll be using for my science project as a source. it teaches HTML, which is what i'm writing my code in. i will say, HTML is probably my least favorite language thus far. it's far too complicated and boring (for me, anyway). C++ is a much easier language to learn, and it's a more popular language.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Retrowire

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

as a matter of fact, i have been there. i hardly go there though, i spend a bit more time here.
it's a lot less user friendly, but it's what i'll be using for my science project as a source. it teaches HTML, which is what i'm writing my code in. i will say, HTML is probably my least favorite language thus far. it's far too complicated and boring (for me, anyway). C++ is a much easier language to learn, and it's a more popular language.

So here's a question then, coming from a coding newb, I want to program games. Which script/code would you recommend? C++, C# or Javascript?

I hear C# is the hip new thing while C++ is the industry standard and Javascript is the old tried and true, more universal language.

HappyHappyist

Retrowire wrote:

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

TheOneHacker wrote:

Retrowire wrote:

So here's a question then, coming from a coding newb, I want to program games. Which script/code would you recommend? C++, C# or Javascript?

I hear C# is the hip new thing while C++ is the industry standard and Javascript is the old tried and true, more universal language.

C# is pretty new, and unfortunately, because of my project, which i've spent some months studying, i haven't been able to look into C#, but i'm excited to start when my project is all over. between JavaScript and C++ though, i'd choose C++ any day. JavaScript is primarily used for writing code on web browsers, if that helps. C++ is also a LOT more user friendly. the code has more structure, and it's easier to read and write. i will also say, learning JavaScript is sleep inducing (to me, anyway) because it's really boring. C++ is a joy to learn.

Blue blue.

Retrowire

Hate to say this everyone, but Flipnote Studio will never come out of Japan at this rate.

Since the suspension of Swapnote worldwide, Flipnote Studio 3D got suspended for the same reasons in Japan. I'm calling it quits guys....

Source: http://www.japanese3ds.com/

Just read the top entry. Oh well.

LzWinky

Unfortunately, it appears that there may have been trafficking of underage inappropriate images on these services. Because of this, Nintendo had to desperately put a stop to this. Yes, they cannot control the internet, but they can be pressed charges if they were aware of this trafficking and did nothing about it.

There's no guarantee that it will or will not come back. We'll have to wait for this one. Nintendo may simply just no longer allow image sharing on the services.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Retrowire

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

Unfortunately, it appears that there may have been trafficking of underage inappropriate images on these services. Because of this, Nintendo had to desperately put a stop to this. Yes, they cannot control the internet, but they can be pressed charges if they were aware of this trafficking and did nothing about it.

There's no guarantee that it will or will not come back. We'll have to wait for this one. Nintendo may simply just no longer allow image sharing on the services.

And I'm hoping for that. Just disable the image sharing. It's not fair that everyone has to pay the price because of a bunch of morons abusing the service.

OdnetninAges

@ScroogeMcLz

Flipnote Studio 3D had image sharing functions?

On a side note:

OH WELL, AT LEAST THERE'S STILL COLORS 3D, WHICH IS PRETTY COOL although, it's in a completely different league than FS3D...

FS3D - Animation
Colors 3D - Art

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

LzWinky

OdnetninAges wrote:

@ScroogeMcLz

Flipnote Studio 3D had image sharing functions?

I assume so. In Japan, Nintendo announced that both Swapnote and Flipnote 3D will be disabled for the same reasons.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HappyHappyist

so, no more hatena, and swapnote is off the table, i guess Colors!3D is the only place left to go. if Collecting Smiles does something like this, i'll very much want to punch everyone in the nose.

Blue blue.

iphys

Even the original Flipnote you could use the pictures on your SD card in your Flipnotes, although they were very grainy looking once they were turned into just black/white. Those were pretty much the only good ones I could make, since I can't draw. I did one where I had the Mona Lisa in varying levels of brightness, and it made her smile change as it varied.

If we don't get Flipnote 3D that's brutal. My friend bought a 3DS in the summer specifically knowing that he could use Swapnote and Flipnote would be coming out soon, so that's a real rip-off that the main things he bought his 3DS for are potentially gone for good now. Legally, Nintendo could be in hot water for that, since they advertised that Flipnote 3D would be coming in the summer, and anyone that bought a 3DS with that in mind could demand to be refunded for their 3DS, since a product has to do what you claim it will.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.