Forums

Topic: Where Does the Majority Rest In Kid Icarus Uprising?

Posts 101 to 118 of 118

Blast

@Gioku LOL. Don't get me started on Hades in the game. There's a bad guy in Kingdom Hearts 1 in the Colisseum world. He has blue flames for hair and he is a villain in the game and was a villain in the Hercules movie. Was his name Hades, too? I would have much preferred that guy's personality in Kingdom Hearts than what we got as Hades in Kid Icarus: Uprising. That guy with the blue flames for hair was witty, powerful, and teased the gamer. Then again... was Uprising INTENTED to be a comedy? Was the story supposed to be funny? Its weird because the game got incredibly serious at times. Example: The Pyron Arc and the Chaos Arcs.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

sugarpixel

@Blastoise-san: Funny you should mention Pyrrhon, he was my favorite character, by far. An exaggerated, stereotypical super-hero. Doesn't get much better than that.
And I liked Hades, too; he kept me amused. I referred to him as being a "fata**".

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Blast

Gioku wrote:

@Blastoise-san: Funny you should mention Pyrrhon, he was my favorite character, by far. An exaggerated, stereotypical super-hero. Doesn't get much better than that.
And I liked Hades, too; he kept me amused. I referred to him as being a "fata**".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Pyrrhon was cool. The Arc that showed him betraying Pit which caused the Reset Bomb was cool. Pyrrhon reminds me so much of that guy who betrayed the Incredibles in the Incredible movie.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

@DestinyMan Yeah I saw Disney's Hercules movie. I just forgot that one guy's name was Hades in that movie, too. I prefer him more than Uprising's Hades. If Pit was always a angel and created by Palutena....

Master of the Hype Train

TheLilK98

Blastoise-san wrote:

Gioku wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Pyrrhon was cool. The Arc that showed him betraying Pit which caused the Reset Bomb was cool. Pyrrhon reminds me so much of that guy who betrayed the Incredibles in the Incredible movie.

Maybe I love this game too much, but your error in this statement was like a knife to the heart.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

sugarpixel

@TheLilK98: Pit caused the Reset Bomb... Pit caused the Reset Bomb... Pit caused the Reset Bomb... Pit caused the Reset Bomb... PIT DID NOT CAUSE THE RESET BOMB!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

thatguyEZ

Hated the controls so I'd say I was disappointed. I was so excited when I bought it and couldn't wait for my shift at work to be over so I could play it but when I finally started really playing it and making progress I just couldn't get used to the controls. I really wanted to like this game too but it just never happened. It's still sitting on my shelf though with the rest of my games so i guess that says something.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

GuSolarFlare

I decide I'll use the

DAYBREAK

on the haters!!!! ahahahhahaha!!!!!! of course those that disliked it for a good reason are safe but petty haters that say things like "game insert game name here had a better story" will be destroyed!!!! and my score will skyrocket because I'm sure haters didn't get the "warp" to avoid the daybreak!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

ThePirateCaptain

@Blastoise
I think the story was meant to be comedic and lighthearted. It does touch on some darker stuff towards the end, but overall I thought it was just a fun romp. The characters are always making puns and breaking the fourth wall, which I really enjoyed. I guess you would be disappointed if you tried to take the story too seriously.

And on the topic of Hades, I think he's one of the best villains in recent years. He's very nonchalant about everything, but at the same time, has some pretty dark plans.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Blast

Hahaha.... I don't HATE this game. I just think it has flaws. Some big flaws and some tiny flaws. Thats my opinion. I'm giving it the same score I gave Luigi Mansion 3D. I'm giving it a 8/10. They both show off the 3DS power, have interesting controls, lighthearted stories with some darkness, and ended in such a way that makes the gamer want more (as in story). Luigi's Mansion 3D aburptly ended and all we get for beating Kid Icarus: Uprising's story is a freaking boss galore "chapter". When I first played that special chapter, I was like: "Okay, this is kinda cool." It quickly turned into: "Just how many bosses can you kill before you say to yourself: 'This is stupid and I deserve more for beating the game'?. Heck, even Super Mario 3D Land offers a special level for gamers who get all the stars as Luigi and Mario. That level was more fulfilling than Uprising's special level.
Lets not forget that donating hearts to Paluenta and Viridi doesn't give the gamer any kind of reward... Hahah what a let down D:
Once again... I actually LIKE Kid Icarus: Uprising. I don't want it to appear that I'm trashing it. I DO like this game. The first chapter in the game should've been a freaking demo on Eshop. That could've got more people interested in the game

Edited on by Blast

Master of the Hype Train

GuSolarFlare

Blastoise-san wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I decide I'll use the

DAYBREAK

on the haters!!!! ahahahhahaha!!!!!! of course those that disliked it for a good reason are safe but petty haters that say things like "game insert game name here had a better story" will be destroyed!!!! and my score will skyrocket because I'm sure haters didn't get the "warp" to avoid the daybreak!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Hahaha.... I don't HATE this game. I just think it has flaws. Some big flaws and some tiny flaws. Thats my opinion. I'm giving it the same score I gave Luigi Mansion 3D. I'm giving it a 8/10. They both show off the 3DS power, have interesting controls, lighthearted stories with some darkness, and ended in such a way that makes the gamer want more (as in story). Luigi's Mansion 3D aburptly ended and all we get for beating Kid Icarus: Uprising's story is a freaking boss galore "chapter". When I first saw played that special chapter, I was like: "Okay, this is kinda cool." It quickly turned into: "Just how many bosses can you kill before you say to yourself: 'This is stupid and I deserve more for beating the game'?. Heck, even Super Mario 3D Land offers a special level for gamers who get all the stars as Luigi and Mario. That level was more fulfilling than Uprising's special level.
Lets not forget that donating hearts to Paluenta and Viridi doesn't give the gamer any kind of reward... Hahah what a let down D:
Once again... I actually LIKE Kid Icarus: Uprising. I don't want it to appear that I'm trashing it. I DO like this game. The first chapter in the game should've been a freaking demo on Eshop. That could've got more people interested in the game

I wasn't talking about you... it was about that guy comparing "Kid Icarus Uprising"'s story with "Fire Emblem Awakening"'s story......

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Blast

@Gioku Is that so? Well thanks for telling me that. LOL

Master of the Hype Train

GuSolarFlare

I personally love boss rush modes! but I only beat this one on easy...

my Backloggery

sugarpixel

@GuSilverFlame: Yeah, me too.
But that's only because I've been trying to beat every chapter on 9.0. So that's been my focus.

Also, I had a pretty good record for the True Arena in Kirby Super Star Ultra; I think it was about 5 minutes 30 seconds.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.