Forums

Topic: What's your favorite thing about the 3DS?

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

LordTendoboy

I love the Mii Maker and AR Card software. The QR code scanner is very fast and accurate, and I think it's very cool that we can make a Mii using the cameras.

The AR Card games are fun. and I was blown away by the target-shooting one. The whole AR thing just amazes me. I tried Face Raiders, and I liked it, but the camera gets very laggy in low-light.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[strong]PSN ID...

Noire

The sound it makes as I crunch it beneath my heel.

The sweet sound of the third dimension dying! It's like the sound of children crying out for the mothers they'll never see again! Ahahahahaha!

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

LordTendoboy

MechaPhoenix wrote:

The sound it makes as I crunch it beneath my heel.

The sweet sound of the third dimension dying! It's like the sound of children crying out for the mothers they'll never see again! Ahahahahaha!

Ok you hate the 3DS. Why?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[strong]PSN ID...

Noire

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Ok you hate the 3DS. Why?

Why? First off, Nintendo is terrible. All they make are boring kiddie games for people too afraid to play real games. They never make their hardware powerful enough to do anything, but they try to make up for it by tacking gimmicks onto the console and then brainwashing their consumers into thinking it's the next big thing in gaming. And then they pretend like they care about anything when really, they'd kill your mother if it guaranteed another few 3DS sells.

As for the console itself, the shoulder buttons are terrible and mine never seem to work. The start and select buttons are ridiculously placed, along with the Home button. The circle pad feels cheap and my finger slides off of it, and the D-pad is basically worthless. The 3D hurts my eyes 90% of the time and my finger always screws up the slider when I go up to put my machine in sleep. I can see my fingerprints all over it. DS games are terrible so that's 90% of the library out the window, and the other 10% is mostly games I can already play. The interface is clunky and online is pathetic, and I payed way too much for it. And those Ambassador games don't help. Why would Nintendo think giving me 20 games I already have is supposed to be some sort of apology? Sheesh.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

Sgt_Ludby

I have a feeling MechaPhoenix might just be kidding; he's been a member here for a few years now. But then again, I can't recall seeing a post of his before and his veteran status doesn't automatically mean he loves all things Nintendo lol

Anyyyyyways, this is a good and hard question! I think one of my favorite things is the Activity Log hahah I love how all of my playtime is being tracked and recorded. I enjoy seeing how many hours I've played each of my games (and going a step further by dividing the hours by the price of the game to see which one offered the most value in terms of hours of gaming per dollar =P). Plus, I love seeing my total play time for all titles I've ever played. All current consoles need a firmware update to include a similar feature and all future systems better include it!

EDIT: Scratch my comment about MechaPhoenix, he beat me to it =P

Edited on by Sgt_Ludby

PSN/NNID: Sgt_Ludby
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

LordTendoboy

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

I have a feeling MechaPhoenix might just be kidding; he's been a member here for a few years now. But then again, I can't recall seeing a post of his before and his veteran status doesn't automatically mean he loves all things Nintendo lol

Anyyyyyways, this is a good and hard question! I think one of my favorite things is the Activity Log hahah I love how all of my playtime is being tracked and recorded. I enjoy seeing how many hours I've played each of my games (and going a step further by dividing the hours by the price of the game to see which one offered the most value in terms of hours of gaming per dollar =P). Plus, I love seeing my total play time for all titles I've ever played. All current consoles need a firmware update to include a similar feature and all future systems better include it!

EDIT: Scratch my comment about MechaPhoenix, he beat me to it =P

The Wii tracks your playtime too. Check the Wi message board.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[strong]PSN ID...

Colors

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

I have a feeling MechaPhoenix might just be kidding; he's been a member here for a few years now. But then again, I can't recall seeing a post of his before and his veteran status doesn't automatically mean he loves all things Nintendo lol

Correction: Feenie is a she.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

edhe

MechaPhoenix wrote:

Why? First off, Nintendo is terrible. All they make are boring kiddie games for people too afraid to play real games. They never make their hardware powerful enough to do anything, but they try to make up for it by tacking gimmicks onto the console and then brainwashing their consumers into thinking it's the next big thing in gaming. And then they pretend like they care about anything when really, they'd kill your mother if it guaranteed another few 3DS sells.

As for the console itself, the shoulder buttons are terrible and mine never seem to work. The start and select buttons are ridiculously placed, along with the Home button. The circle pad feels cheap and my finger slides off of it, and the D-pad is basically worthless. The 3D hurts my eyes 90% of the time and my finger always screws up the slider when I go up to put my machine in sleep. I can see my fingerprints all over it. DS games like terrible so that's 90% of the library out the window, and the other 10% is mostly games I can already play. The interface is clunky and online is pathetic, and I payed way too much for it. And those Ambassador games don't help. Why would Nintendo think giving me 20 games I already have is supposed to be some sort of apology? Sheesh.

That was a "The Reason You Suck" Speech if ever I heard one.

visit tv tropes

Samholy

it can play my ds titles as well as 3ds titles. i dont see why some complain about ds games looking bad. i dont see they do. theyre all fine to me.
i like the eshop. the nintendo video is fun too.

i like the upcoming games ! the real 3ds experience begins in september.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

Jamouse

WaltzElf wrote:

I like that it plays games.

What! It plays games! I never knew it did that!
...I only use mine as a paper weight...

Jamouse

19Robb92

The thing I like the most is probably the way you can go out of the game and surf the web, draw notes, look at the friends list, get notifications and stuff without exiting the game itself and just have it one click away in the background. That's a really great feature for a portable system IMO.

Other than that I love the 'Nintendo feel' it has, like any Nintendo system. It's more about fun things rather than high tech stuff. The AR games are really cool, well done, free and just fun to play. That's what it's all about, fun. So that's great, reminds me of why I love Nintendo products.

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

bezerker99

I'm very happy with my 3DS. I play it everyday and haven't really touched console gaming since I got it back in June. Glad I waited until the eShop update and OoT's release to buy one though.

My favorite thing (besides playing games on it) is the 3D camera. I've already taken about 700 pics with it.

"Everyone gets old but not everyone gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
Kapp'n doesn't give a squid
My name in a video game
My name in a video game thread

Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

alLabouTandroiD

Aside from the games in order

1. StreetPass
2. Activity Log
3. NintendoVideo
4. trailers and gameplay videos in the eShop
5. demos
Oh wait, surprisingly we didn't get any demos yet...

Edited on by alLabouTandroiD

no apple

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

yoyogamer

Jamouse wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I like that it plays games.

...I only use mine as a paper weight...

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

This is a signature.

JustAnotherUser

Everything
But my single most favorite thing has to be the 3D though.

JustAnotherUser

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic