Forums

Topic: Nintendo 3DS' E3 Presentation tonight: I'm throwing my laptop out into the rain

Posts 101 to 120 of 197

TheInstantGamer

Fire Emblem

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

TysonOfTime

Oh well. I guess E3 in general wasn't very good this year? (Excluding Ubisoft)

I suppose all the developers don't want to put any effort into their last conference before the world ends.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Hokori

I'll be DLing Paper Mario, Luigis mansion 2 , and NSMB2 hopefully they don't take up too much space

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

pc999

No new games, no new apps (creative software would be much apreciated, like youtube/vimeo), no firmware update (eg web browser), no Fire Emblem or Code of Priced for Europe. That is bad, very bad.

I am really disappointed, again so soon.

That said great games, I wish I could buy a lot of them, who knows if they are cheaper in the eShop (LOOK AT STEAM).

But I really disliked NSMB, that ones seems pure miking.

pc999

Sam_Loser2

BenAV wrote:

Just as expected, nothing new.
I'm not too upset about the lack of Animal Crossing as I already have way too many games to buy this year.
Now off to my stupid exam.

I take back everything I said about E3. It didn't even happen in E3, but it redeemed it anyway.

My 3DS friend code is: 2750-1101-5534

I am The Guy. I got all the shiny trinkets. Perfect score on every Yoshi's Island level. I beat Dark Link. Basically, I'm Awesome.

Nope, not coincided at all.

CerealKiller528

firearrow505 wrote:

CerealKiller528 wrote:

@firearrow505
dont bother downloading the demo. it sucks.

[/div]

Well i kind of like it.

Well I can't see myslef buying it (the full game)even if it were free. Lego games were out real quick.

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

RevolverLink

I'd be less annoyed had Nintendo not publicly stated multiple times that they'd reveal new software at tonight's 3DS presentation before they ended up showing nothing we didn't already know about.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Scary_Old_Lady

pntjr wrote:

What do you think will be announced tonight?
Probably some Metroid.
Maybe F-Zero or Retro Studios' new game.

If they don't give ANY reference to Flipnote Memo, I will flip out and throw my laptop out in the rain.

Oh, um... Bye bye laptop!

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

RR529

Well, nothing new was announced, but I'll call it good.

Retail I'm getting:

• Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • New Super Mario Bros 2
  • Code of Princess
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate (maybe)

eShop I'm getting:

• Unchained Blades
  • Night Sky
  • Cave Story+ 3D
  • Marvel Pinball
  • Aban Hawkins & the 1000 Spikes

Even if there was nothing new, I find it kind of ludicrous to try and complain about a lineup like this.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TheInstantGamer

Non-Specific Action Figure didn't get enough screen time

I got a sexy deep v-neck and I'm not afraid to use it XD

komicturtle

I didn't want anything "new" to be announced, particularly. I wanted info on Animal Crossing and release date. I'm really shocked and displeased that didn't happen..

komicturtle

IanMage

I wasted all of this time watching this stupid disappointing presentation, when I should have been studying for my exams...

Edited on by IanMage

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

skywake

RogueBologna wrote:

How do you guys have enough money and time to want anymore than was announced? There CAN be too many games.

There was stuff announced? And how many people buy all of the games?

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Radixxs

Disappointment has soured to anger. Nintendo should know by now that E3 isn't just a place to show trailers and say empty words. The only new things I know about games are that Nintendo will release Nintendo Land this year and that Pikmin 3 is a Wii game. I guess that means I won't need a Wii U for a while. But the thing that really irks me is Animal Crossing. Hardly any information has been revealed, but they completely ignored it. The Animal Crossing game for Wii U was talked about more, and that's probably 3 years from release. So disappointing.

Castlevania looks great though, it will be my first game in the series.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

skywake

what was trending globally on twitter when the software showcase ended
Untitled

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

komicturtle

Unbelievable. Nintendo's 3DS conference has disappointed me (that's twice...)

At the same time, there ARE loads of games to check out on 3DS, but really where is Fire Emblem and especially, my Animal Crossing? The latter is what I really want. Either they're doing me a favor in not sucking up my dinero or.. I don't know. But this whole E3 was a mess. Showing games we ALREADY knew but no games that came out of the blue (lol that rhymed).

TGS 2012- it has to make up for this especially on Nintendo's and Sony's side. The year is not over, but E3 2012 was the weakest by far. I'm glad I kept modest and didn't set my expectations too high. And the fact I'm optimistic kinda softens the blow of this disappointment and underwhelming show. Least Ubisoft did a phenom job. Shame the big 3 didn't step their game up, especially Nintendo. Still getting WiiU but they should have done more to present it better than what they did. Retro is pulling a classic Nintendo trick on keeping things a secret. I know Nintendo is working on loads of games in the back burner. It would have been nice to get a tip about what they're working on- at least.

Anyhow, with 15 games on my list this year, I guess it's more than enough especially when school is coming up and other priorities are going to fall in place. On to my Batman 2 demo, I guess....

I also cannot help but feel they are competing with 3rd parties on their own platform. They are doing what they did with 3DS and giving 3rd parties the "key" to sell their games, because if Nintendo released their own games at launch, it wouldn't bode well for 3rd parties. I'm also not liking this "let's space game releases out anymore". Before, I liked how it gave me enough time to save up money before the next release. But now, it's looking to be a big pain. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was supposed to come out earlier this year as Iwata hinted late last year but he declared that it was a better idea to space the release out to not cause cannibalization of their own software. Now, Animal Crossing is out of the question as there is no news (at least, I hope it's a not yet scenario) about that game coming out soon and we knew of that game since 2010. I don't get how NSMB2, a game announced about 3 months ago, is getting released THIS August, and Animal Crossing is missing in action and that was revealed 2 whole years ago. Makes absolutely no sense.

Another problem: Too many games starring Mario. Well, 3 games. Luigi's Mansion can be excused. But honestly, in the eyes of the "outsiders", when the next 3D platformer Mario game comes out and is announced for WiiU next year, it will be tarnished with the image of "Oh, another Mario game" when surely that game will really be one amazing game to look forward to..

Like I said, this E3 was a mess. At least Nintendo and Sony showcased what matters most and its the games. There's a lot of games coming out for WiiU, 3DS and PS3. I just wished there was little hints on games we had no idea about...

EDIT: Oh, and where the hell is the love for Kirby?! Outrageous! Way to celebrate his 20th anniversary Nintendo... Kirby and I just turned 20 this year... My birthday was lame... Looks like Kirby will be suffering from a lame celebration too

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

EvilRegal

I'm just trying to figure out what the point of holding that special 3DS conference tonight was, when there was no big announcement. There were no games that we previously didn't know about announced, were there? So, you could pretty much say all that hoopla was a review of what we already knew. Overall, I was only slightly disappointed by the big Wii U conference yesterday, because there were no big surprises or previously unknown franchise entries announced, but Wii U and NSMBU looked great. However for them to make a point of holding a second, special one for 3DS tonight and nothing new come from it... This was the most disappointing head scratcher of E3 from Nintendo, in my book.

Now, I have a question. Has there ever been an E3 where there have been fewer announcements of previously unknown games, I mean from all publishers collectively? There have been hardly any new game announcements thus far, especially in comparison to past E3s. Is E3 losing its importance? Nintendo has gotten to where they announce new stuff through their Nintendo Direct broadcasts. Hence so little noteworthy from them this E3, other than Wii U details. So, it feels like E3 lost its mantel as the Super Bowl of video game events this year. I won't be anticipating E3 2013 nearly as much as I have past E3s, as there will exist the possibility that we already know most games that will be shown beforehand. Speaking for myself, I look forward to the next E3 for one full year after the last one has ended, as it has had a Christmas-like atmosphere of mystery and surprise. Until this year. It just lost much of its luster to me. Anyone else feel this way?

@Retro
I hope Non-Specific Action Figure is a Club Nintendo reward later on. And, Iwata willing, star of his own game!!! Or a Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS appearance. Imagine Captain Falcon (I want my F-Zero, Sob ) vs. NSAF!!! NON-SPECIFIC ACTION FIGURE CONFIRMED... FOR... (whatever 3DS/WiiU SSBs are called )!!!!

@skywake
Boy, that "63-48 Spurs" trend flew out the window. Check out my signature. Trending soon: Thunder 2012 NBA Champions.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.