Forums

Topic: What Should I Do??

Posts 1 to 15 of 15

Zono15

**Really long story for anyone who cares**
Sooo my sister dropped me off at my house on MLK Day and I got out of the car with my DSi. Later I realized that I didn't have it. I looked for it all over my house but to no avail. I even checked the road and it wasn't there. Fast forward to today. So my dad tells me that he saw some "black shards of plastic" near our driveway when he was snowblowing. And he pushed them down the storm drain. The only thing I can think of is that my DSi has been demolished by all the cars in my neighborhood.. The only thing I'm worried about is my
DSiware. I still have the SD card by some miracle and it has all my DSiware on it. Should I wait until the 3DS comes out and transfer it there or get another DSi?
EDIT: Oh and I guess I couldn't find it on the street because the GIGANTIC snowplows were in my neighborhood.. It didn't have a prayer

Edited on by Zono15

If people were vegetables, I'd be a kumquat!!

StarBoy91

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your DSi.

To each their own

theblackdragon

I doubt you'll be able to transfer your DSiWare without having the original system -- even when Nintendo transfers your DSiWare to a replacement DSi they have you send in both the busted console you're replacing and the replacement for some reason. You can try calling Nintendo and seeing what they'll be able to do for you, but there's a good chance you're gonna be outta luck on this one.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

bboy2970

Oh, so very sorry to hear that....I know if it was me I would be SOOOO torn up over it. Anyway, if I were in your position, I would have to buy another DSi because 1, I collect. and 2, I couldn't go 2+ months without my DSi! Just buy another DSi and then buy a 3DS when it comes out (Provided you have those kinds of funds available). If money is too tight though, I would say wait because you would want to not have a 3DS!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Zono15

bboy2970 wrote:

Oh, so very sorry to hear that....I know if it was me I would be SOOOO torn up over it. Anyway, if I were in your position, I would have to buy another DSi because 1, I collect. and 2, I couldn't go 2+ months without my DSi! Just buy another DSi and then buy a 3DS when it comes out (Provided you have those kinds of funds available). If money is too tight though, I would say wait because you would want to not have a 3DS!

ahaha as much as I'd like to do that, it's definitely not going to happen. BUT my birthday is in March so mebbe I can hope for a 3DS?? I mean at least I still have my ds lite but the hinge is kinda loose..

If people were vegetables, I'd be a kumquat!!

komicturtle

bboy2970 wrote:

I'm with you on the 'collecting' as I do get every revision (except for the XL, for now).

Really really sorry to hear what happened. I'd say wait until the 3DS comes out, especially if you have it on reserve (if you don't, I suggest you do so to be safe). I'd also suggest emailing Nintendo about the situation and seeing if they are able to do anything about it- like have you send over the 3DS and SD Card. Worth a shot, plus, the people are REALLY friendly and helpful. I'm sure they'd do something, especially to satisfy a customer

Good luck!

komicturtle

Punny

Wait for the 3DS! Its awesomeness will help you forget about your unfortunate event (which I am very sorry about, by the way).

I'm back (for the moment)!

Nukeulose

3DS will wash all of those sad thoughts away =)

Nukeulose

LordJumpMad

I'm sorry for your lost.

But, you should wait for The 3DS, save your Cash, so you can a get a game for it.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

zezhyrule

I'm sorry to hear that not so long story, but I'd recommend waiting. No use buying another console so near the release of the 3DS. But yeah, no way you're going to get that replaced.

This would never happen with me though, because I'm super OCD when it comes to taking my portables anywhere, and I have a wrist starp and shell that I keep it in. I never let anyone touch it unless they wash their hands (even me) and always know where it is at all times. But you didn't really ask did you, so nvm

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

armoredghor

wait two months, you can probably transfer just by SD card, besides why buy tech that'll be outdated in two months without another update for 5 years.

armoredghor

Peznaze

We don't know yet how (or when) DSiWare transfers are going to work. Odds are you'd need the old DSi to get it to work (at the least, the system numbers), but we don't know for sure.
The advice here is so funny. Yup, you should definitely wait, but I couldn't go that long DSi-less, either! heh

Peznaze

Eel

If your dad was my dad then "i found some black shards of plastic" would mean "i found your DSi but i won't give it back until you suffer a little".

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.