3DS Forum

Topic: What Happened To Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Showing 1 to 20 of 37

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

1. Posted:

This game was finished long time ago but it still hasn't released anywhere. It was supposed to be released on 3ds and Wii
Does anyone know what happened to this game and if it will ever be released?

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

2. Posted:

According to what I read, the lack of release so far is solely on the hands of Kadokawa, the publisher.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

3. Posted:

A question I've asked many times.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Nintex

Nintex

4. Posted:

I had forgotten about this game. Hmm I imagine it got canned. Sux because it looked like a cross between KI:U and Sonic (his homing attack)

Saving the world 1 game at a time

Some of my fav franchises- F-zero Mario Kart Monster Hunter, Pokemon Waverace 1080 Extreme-G Metroid Resident Evil

3DS FC: 5198 3400 1425 (add me!)
PKM FC 1507 3524 8824
WiiU Nintendo ID: NINTEX

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

5. Posted:

I just can't imagine why they'd finish it, THEN can it. Especially since KI:U is still selling like crazy and they're so similar. I'd totally buy it since I've had KI:U since launch and still love it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

6. Posted:

I wasn't gonna get it even if it was released,but odd to see it was canned. Oh well, win some, you lose some (or in this case, you lose some, you win).

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

7. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I wasn't gonna get it even if it was released,but odd to see it was canned. Oh well, win some, you lose some (or in this case, you lose some, you win).

What do you have against it?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

8. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I just can't imagine why they'd finish it, THEN can it. Especially since KI:U is still selling like crazy and they're so similar. I'd totally buy it since I've had KI:U since launch and still love it.

Exactly I would buy it first day if it came to the States. Hope its released here or in matter of fact anywhere

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9. Posted:

I wonder if Operation Rainfall cares about it(assuming they still exist)

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

10. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I wonder if Operation Rainfall cares about it(assuming they still exist)

They've basically stopped directly campaigning for games and instead decided to become a typical gaming site with a slant towards niche gaming. A decent move if you ask me, though I'm probably biased.

also their thing was more for localization rather than games being released at all

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
TingLzAdmin

TingLz

11. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I wonder if Operation Rainfall cares about it(assuming they still exist)

From what Yuji said, he finished the game already and sent it to the publisher, but hasn't heard from them since. I doubt this game will see the day of light unless some other publisher can get their hands on it.

I doubt fan movements like Op Rainfall can get it localized because it needs to get a Japanese release in the first place.

Edited on by TingLz

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Tingle Tingle Kooloo Limpah! TINGLE_loggery

Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

12. Posted:

Shame.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

13. Posted:

I suppose creating Sonic the Hedgehog doesn't get you far if you decide to be more independent.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

14. Posted:

Its a real shame this game doesn't look like its going to be released

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

15. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I wasn't gonna get it even if it was released,but odd to see it was canned. Oh well, win some, you lose some (or in this case, you lose some, you win).

What do you have against it?

All the footage I saw looked like crap, and I'm against crap games in general.

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

16. Posted:

So all hope is gone for this game releasing.
Wonder what happened though,because it is finished.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Kolzig

Kolzig

17. Posted:

The game is by the way finally getting released, though only in Japan.

Kadogawa Games and Nintendo unveiled it in the latest Nintendo Direct for Japan two weeks ago.

It's coming in April 2nd and the price for the Wii U version is a bit insanely high, it's also coming out for 3DS.

The preorders and first print versions for the Wii U version will apparently include also the original Wii version of the game and the Wii version was actually finished and done by Yuji Naka's team already years ago, but Kadogawa Games did not want to release it for unknown reasons, maybe because Wii was already dead platform?

Anyways, I really hope that they release it in Europe and North America also. I have been waiting for Yuji Naka's next game for a looooooooooooooong time.

Did nobody in Nintendolife staff watch the Japanese Direct, I did not see any news items covering that. They had a lot of really cool eShop games coming out that most likely will never come out in Europe or NA.

http://rodea.jp/special/

Edited on by Kolzig

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

AuthorMessage
Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

18. Posted:

Wasn't this game shown off in the Japanese Nintendo Direct this month? I'm pretty sure the only thing that's up in the air is localization.

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage
Blast

Blast

19. Posted:

Kolzig wrote:

The game is by the way finally getting released, though only in Japan.

Kadogawa Games and Nintendo unveiled it in the latest Nintendo Direct for Japan two weeks ago.

It's coming in April 2nd and the price for the Wii U version is a bit insanely high, it's also coming out for 3DS.

The preorders and first print versions for the Wii U version will apparently include also the original Wii version of the game and the Wii version was actually finished and done by Yuji Naka's team already years ago, but Kadogawa Games did not want to release it for unknown reasons, maybe because Wii was already dead platform?

Anyways, I really hope that they release it in Europe and North America also. I have been waiting for Yuji Naka's next game for a looooooooooooooong time.

Did nobody in Nintendolife staff watch the Japanese Direct, I did not see any news items covering that. They had a lot of really cool eShop games coming out that most likely will never come out in Europe or NA.

http://rodea.jp/special/

Wow... Just wow.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 eventually.

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Kolzig

Kolzig

20. Posted:

Yes! It is happening!
http://nintendoeverything.com/kadokawa-games-president-sugges...

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig