Forums

Topic: What DS games will you play again on the 3DS because of the circle pad?

Posts 81 to 92 of 92

fishman100

SM64 is kinda weird with the Circle pad today, but Mario and Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story is awesome.

Like Malkeor said, DQIX is also really good with the Circle pad.

I wonder if Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks will work?

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

Punny

fishman100 wrote:

I wonder if Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks will work?

No it won't. Both games were controlled entirely by the Touch Screen (except for a few menu buttons). On the original DS models, you couldn't use the Control Pad to move Link. Since the Circle Pad is a revamped Control Pad, it won't control Link, either. I'm sorry if I crushed any hopes.

I'm back (for the moment)!

R-L-A-George

I played kingdom hearts 358/2 days, which is bunch of PS2 nostalgia when played with the joy pad.

R-L-A-George

Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

MitchVogel

I personally think it's harder to play SM64DS with the circle pad. For one thing, I was never really bothered by d-pad controls, but it's like if you hold diagonally, mario might go forward or left depending on how much more you were leaning in that direction on the circle pad. Maybe I'm just not used to my circle pad yet. The Kingdom Hearts games play amazingly, though.

Edited on by MitchVogel

Evisceratorloggery 4 out of 3 people are bad with fractions.

fishman100

PunnyGuy wrote:

fishman100 wrote:

I wonder if Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks will work?

No it won't. Both games were controlled entirely by the Touch Screen (except for a few menu buttons). On the original DS models, you couldn't use the Control Pad to move Link. Since the Circle Pad is a revamped Control Pad, it won't control Link, either. I'm sorry if I crushed any hopes.

You're right, the only thing the CP will do is open the map, etc. Bummer.
What other games are there?

Edited on by fishman100

Go make some new disaster
That's what I'm counting on...
You're someone else's problem
Now I only want you gone
Now I only want you gone...

Detective_TeeJay

Can't think of any more than the ones mentioned...


Wow! 5 pages! That's the first time any topic of mine has gone on this long!

fishman100 wrote:

SM64 is kinda weird with the Circle pad today...

EvisceratorX wrote:

I personally think it's harder to play SM64DS with the circle pad. For one thing, I was never really bothered by d-pad controls, but it's like if you hold diagonally, mario might go forward or left depending on how much more you were leaning in that direction on the circle pad. Maybe I'm just not used to my circle pad yet. The Kingdom Hearts games play amazingly, though.

How can you guys think that? The controls with the circle pad are amazing!

Edited on by Detective_TeeJay

I finally have a Wii U now! And Splatoon and Smash Bros U!

Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Morpheel

I have to say it.

The Sims 3 DS and Viva Pinata feel so much better with the circle pad!
I can hardly play them now with the D-Pad. It's almost as if they were made for the 3DS!
I assume games with similar cameras work just a good, too.

About the sims 3, playing in small mode, i noticed you can touch outside of the screen (on the black area) and the items there (which are not visible) still work!

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mr_DSi

Yes Kingdom Hearts! In fact, I'm playing right now. I love it!

3DS: 3437-3059-8846
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/lalalandtaco

willobee

Ended up grabbing Chinatown Wars. Sometimes I use the dpad, sometimes the circle pad. But now I'm just looking at it thinking how amazing it would be in 3D. The depth from looking down on the city... ooh.

NNID: willobee

BleachFan

Might end up encouraging me to finish KH Re:coded.

Still wondering why I stopped playing it. It didn't really get boring yet...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Oregano

BleachFan888 wrote:

Might end up encouraging me to finish KH Re:coded.

Still wondering why I stopped playing it. It didn't really get boring yet...

Is it decent? I've been considering picking it up.

Also I tried out Pop Island via download play yesterday and it's just so comfortable with the Slide Pad.

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

pikku

Honestly, I don't like playing DS games with the Circle Pad.At All, really. Just like I prefer to play pre N64games with the CC's D-Pad as oppsed to it's stick. it just feels more natural to me to use the Dpad. The only exception might be if I'm playing a D game, I'll use the Dpad, but for top down and 3D games, I'll just use the D-Pad, thanks for the option, though, Nintendo

pikku

Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic