Forums

Topic: What do you think of call of duty being put on the 3ds?

Posts 121 to 140 of 148

Chrono_Cross

Gulf War as well guys. You know... I could go for a very realistic, awesome WW2 shooter. Sure, they're everywhere but it could be awesome.

Personally I'm simply fascinated by World War ll. I love to learn about it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

King_Boo

Maybe an alternate historical time line. I think Man in the High Castle is based around America falling during WW2, I keep meaning to read it. They could set it in America fighting between a Japaneses and German conflict. Something like that.

Full name King Boo the Nefarious
3DS FC: 5241-1931-6226
PSN: King_Boo922
Nintendo Network ID: KingBoo
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingBoo922

Nintendoftw

It will just be a port of the Wii version. In other words, it will be magnificent on the 3DS and terrible on the Wii.

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw

And for those idiots who say the 3DS doesn't have the horse power- COD is not Battlefield -_-. The Wii can run a COD game- I mean at best it can run COD4 but hey who wouldn't want a game with COD4 quality on the 3DS?

Nintendoftw

Nintendoftw

And COD has already been on the DS in the past -_-. So wth are you guys saying?

Nintendoftw

TheKingOfTown

COD can only run on the 3DS if it is watered-down. And what does COD not being Battlefield have to do with anything? Battlefield can also run on 3DS if it is watered down. What's your point?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

komicturtle

I'd like to use the term: optimized. Sounds nice :3

Just as RE Revelations was optimized for the 3DS.

komicturtle

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

I think it's about time a CoD game was set during the 100 years war, personally.

I have a better idea:

Call of Duty IN THE FUTURE!!! DUN DUN DUN!

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

African Warfare please.

turtlelink wrote:

Black Ops took place in the Cold War Era already so I'd assume they would change the setting.

Vietnam. Plus they made two WW2 shooters (Call of Duty 3 and World at War), so I could see another Nam shooter.

Actually, all the Call of Duty games prior to Modern Warfare took place during WW2. A little change from the norm is good for the series.

[...

kyuubikid213

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

See, you missed it... The Wii's version as IS missing things even to this day. Other than poor graphics, it's missing many killstreaks, 10 player limit is unfixed, lag compensation, no host migration, no DLC, etc. Black Ops is even worse for the Wii. And if there isn't an audience for the game why would any dev with brains make games for that said console?

Nope. No one has enough money to shell out for a Vita but they do for a 3DS. And a PS3. Seriously, we'll see after a year's time where the Vita is at. Don't assume no ones going to buy it.

Every Call of Duty continuously gets bigger in space. MW2 is over 8 GB alone. Imagine what Black Ops and MW3 are let alone the new one. 3DS doesn't have the horse power to run a full fledged Call of Duty. Don't like the facts? Too bad.

There IS an audience for Call of Duty on the Wii, DS, and 3DS. If there wasn't there wouldn't be Call of Dutys already on them and more coming! [Edit: Also, besides the lag compensation, I don't need all that nonsense to enjoy Call of Duty. Just give me multiplayer, a leaderboard, and a gun.]

I never said "no one's going to buy a Vita." I was just saying not everyone can buy every console in existence so they have to choose with whichever ones they have. I never once said anything about the Vita not being able to sell well. You know why I haven't? Because people thought the 3DS would do awfully and labeled it a failure after a few weeks and now it has 15 million sold worldwide.

And once again, the developers aren't stupid enough to try and make Call of Duty from the 360/PS3 versions work on a handheld. It wouldn't work! Possibly not even with the Vita. They would make the appropriate changes so that the game could run smoothly and have a good experience. But you should already know this. They put Call of Duty on the PSP and DS, but they weren't the same as their home console counterparts.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213

King_Boo wrote:

Back to speculating about CoD 3DS. Since this year is following up after black ops what does everyone think the time and setting are going to be?

I don't know...I'm pretty sure the only things we'll be getting are either skewed timelines (like MW3) or more past wars (like every Call of Duty up to Modern Warfare). Personally, I don't care. As long as I can have fun running around a nice area and shoot up some baddies, I'm good. Also, I wouldn't mind another WW2 era game.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

snkforever

I dont want a game like call of duty on 3DS, Never ! I hate this game !

snkforever

Reala

I'm offended deeply offended and will organise a protest, petition and boycott of all things Nintendo until they reverse the decision off this 3rd party, this game being on 3DS would cause me great distress in real life for obvious reasons so obvious I can't I mean don't even need to list them, so yeah down with [insert game here] I hate [insert game here] people who play it are idiots and yeah I'm gonna go meditate on how much this bugs me somehow now for ages and ages.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

Chrono_Cross

kyuubikid213 wrote:

There IS an audience for Call of Duty on the Wii, DS, and 3DS. If there wasn't there wouldn't be Call of Dutys already on them and more coming! [Edit: Also, besides the lag compensation, I don't need all that nonsense to enjoy Call of Duty. Just give me multiplayer, a leaderboard, and a gun.]

I never said "no one's going to buy a Vita." I was just saying not everyone can buy every console in existence so they have to choose with whichever ones they have. I never once said anything about the Vita not being able to sell well. You know why I haven't? Because people thought the 3DS would do awfully and labeled it a failure after a few weeks and now it has 15 million sold worldwide.

And once again, the developers aren't stupid enough to try and make Call of Duty from the 360/PS3 versions work on a handheld. It wouldn't work! Possibly not even with the Vita. They would make the appropriate changes so that the game could run smoothly and have a good experience. But you should already know this. They put Call of Duty on the PSP and DS, but they weren't the same as their home console counterparts.

An audience? On Wii? Yes. On 3DS? Sure. But when I say audience I mean hundreds of thousands on the online service three days after release. Not 30,000+. Developers like IW and Treyarch aren't going to put a lot of attention on the Wii when the big boys are on PS3.

You were getting at that. I'm sure you're thinking no ones going to buy it the first year and it won't sell like the PS3 and 360 versions. Sure it won't. But overtime it will sell more and more and possibly have exclusive content.

Treyarch are definitely not stupid. They are very intelligent. So intelligent that they will port the exact same game on PS3 to Vita. If Battlefield 3 can run on Vita anything is possible. (Vita = PS3.)

LordTendoboy wrote:

Actually, all the Call of Duty games prior to Modern Warfare took place during WW2. A little change from the norm is good for the series.

Which is even more of a reason to stay in Nam.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

LordTendoboy

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

I don't find Vietnamese soldiers very threatening. German Nazis on the other hand...

[...

Bankai

LordTendoboy wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

I don't find Vietnamese soldiers very threatening. German Nazis on the other hand...

Hey dude. Do me a favour.

Get a video camera. Give it to a friend, and tell him to film you as you go up to a Vietnam veteran and say "them Vietcong weren't scary."

Then please post the video to YouTube.

You do that and I'll make a substantial donation to your funeral.

LordTendoboy

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Hey dude. Do me a favour.

Get a video camera. Give it to a friend, and tell him to film you as you go up to a Vietnam veteran and say "them Vietcong weren't scary."

Then please post the video to YouTube.

You do that and I'll make a substantial donation to your funeral.

Talking about in the game. Duh.

[...

Jono97

I reckon if it is as good as Resident evil revelations(graphics), it would be awesome.

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

You were getting at that. I'm sure you're thinking no ones going to buy it the first year and it won't sell like the PS3 and 360 versions. Sure it won't. But overtime it will sell more and more and possibly have exclusive content.

Treyarch are definitely not stupid. They are very intelligent. So intelligent that they will port the exact same game on PS3 to Vita. If Battlefield 3 can run on Vita anything is possible. (Vita = PS3.)

I wasn't getting at that at all. I was able to play a Vita hands-on, and I am fairly certain it will sell well. I already said I wasn't going to say anything about not being able to sell well because that is what people said about the 3DS and now it has 15 million sold worldwide.

And now "anything is possible?" So then, why can't the 3DS have a full Call of Duty game on it? It was able to run Resident Evil 5. Even if it doesn't have the power to display HD HOME console graphics (which the Vita wasn't able to impress me with. they just seemed like slightly, and i mean slightly, better 3DS graphics) they can adjust to make it run the way they want it to.

By the way, how would the Vita compensate for no L2 and R2 buttons? With my hands-on experience, it seems like using the back touch pad would be a bit of a pain in an action-packed game like Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.