3DS Forum

Topic: What Are the BEST Places to Get StreetPass Hits?

Showing 41 to 60 of 133

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

41. Posted:

I live in Ellicott City, Maryland, so I haven't really tried to get a hit. But, maybe I'll bring it once I go to Ocean City.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

42. Posted:

shinesprite wrote:

John-John wrote:

I thought that my college campus would have plenty... :( it doesn't. It is a small school though.

Really? I've passed a Grand total of 1 person 2 times! (no Idea who they are)

XD Me too. I'm thinking I'll leave a sign out somewhere with their username. Try and get in contact with this elusive 3DS gamer.

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bonesy91

43. Posted:

I would say malls or gamestores are the best places... Though then again, by strange luck, 7-11 seems to be the happening 3DS place near my house lol.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

44. Posted:

the best place to get a StreetPass is in a Sony store

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

45. Posted:

Mall. Esp. near Gamestop

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

46. Posted:

Duney wrote:

Magi wrote:

Duney wrote:

Disney World. I got something like 45 in a week. Lots of international ones there too.

Did you get yours from the parks or the hotel/resort? I'm too freaked out to bring mine into the parks for fear that they'll get wet/sat on/crushed/etc. I'm leaving for my annual Disney World trip in October.

I got most of mine right in the parks. I did get several, and there was one other user in particular that I got multiple hits from, at the resort I stayed at. My advice, wear baggy shorts with large pockets and carry your 3DS in a nice firm case to keep it dry and protected. It's worth it every time you see that green LED light up.

Simple solution to it getting wet: Carry it around in a see-through plastic bag that you can fit it in and have completely sealed. It worked for my DSi when I went to Disneyland last summer. Then, carry that around in a drawstring bag so you have something to carry it and whatever other stuff you have with you so it's really hard to steal (unless you lose the bag, of course).

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

47. Posted:

@ all the people saying they live in areas where the population is too small. Look at the stats. One in 180 people in the US have a 3DS, in Japan it's 1 in 71 and in Australia it something like 1 in 230. So all things being equal you will on average get one streetpass hit for every (insert stat for your country) people you walk past. So if you live in a rural city in the US that has 60k people in it you can guesstimate that there are about 330 3DSes floating around somewhere in your rural city.

It's not as simple as that but it's a reasonable guess. Some people don't take their 3DS with them everywhere, and if you're saying there's no point because of where you live you're one of those people. Some areas almost certainty have less money or less interest in things like the 3DS than others...... but it's more or less as simple as that. If you walk into an area where there are orders of magnitude more peoples than the number for of people per 3DS for your country (5x, 10x) then you've got a damn good chance of getting a streetpass hit.

and if the numbers aren't working for you don't lose hope. The DS hit one for every 10-20 people in most regions.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

48. Posted:

skywake wrote:

@ all the people saying they live in areas where the population is too small. Look at the stats. One in 180 people in the US have a 3DS, in Japan it's 1 in 71 and in Australia it something like 1 in 230. So all things being equal you will on average get one streetpass hit for every (insert stat for your country) people you walk past. So if you live in a rural city in the US that has 60k people in it you can guesstimate that there are about 330 3DSes floating around somewhere in your rural city.

It's not as simple as that but it's a reasonable guess. Some people don't take their 3DS with them everywhere, and if you're saying there's no point because of where you live you're one of those people. Some areas almost certainty have less money or less interest in things like the 3DS than others...... but it's more or less as simple as that. If you walk into an area where there are orders of magnitude more peoples than the number for of people per 3DS for your country (5x, 10x) then you've got a damn good chance of getting a streetpass hit.

and if the numbers aren't working for you don't lose hope. The DS hit one for every 10-20 people in most regions.

Agreed. If you only take your 3DS to, say, school, you can't reasonably expect to pass too many people. You want to carry it around the actual towns and cities, on public transport, and in busy public venues.

I can guarantee you if I've managed to pass 230 different people in a city as small (globally speaking) as Sydney, then it's not population density that's the reason you're not passing anyone.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

49. Posted:

Random places in tulsa, broken arrow and also anywhere in a mall near a gamestop, also gaming clubs.

My anime club, the 3DS's are multiplying slowly. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Fox-Anime/219520341397101

Hard to say.... actually

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Magi

50. Posted:

Strangely, I've only ever got 1 streetpass hit from a Gamestop and it was an incomplete setup on a demo unit.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bubbab5

51. Posted:

Church if u go i got 2 or 3 hits there.

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stereoman

52. Posted:

Best place so far was the british museum in London, i got 7 hits in less than 1 and half hours !!
I know wicked place for hits but still worked ...
But who knows i have never been to japan so it could be improved ...

Stereoman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hokori

53. Posted:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Random places in tulsa, broken arrow and also anywhere in a mall near a gamestop, also gaming clubs.

My anime club, the 3DS's are multiplying slowly. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Fox-Anime/219520341397101

Hard to say.... actually

:O my anime club has 0 3DS' (besides me) but I get about 2-3 StreetPasses everyday at school

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage
Avatar

R-L-A-George

54. Posted:

SuperOtaku wrote:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Random places in tulsa, broken arrow and also anywhere in a mall near a gamestop, also gaming clubs.

My anime club, the 3DS's are multiplying slowly. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dark-Fox-Anime/219520341397101

Hard to say.... actually

:O my anime club has 0 3DS' (besides me) but I get about 2-3 StreetPasses everyday at school

Right now, my club has around 4 or 5 members that each have one.

Some of my friends have gotten around 60 to 100 streetpasses and around 40 to 60 plaza population, mostly because they go to college and work at walmart. Heres the page I made for streetpass; http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nintendo-3DS-StreetPass-Muskoge...

Edited on by R-L-A-George

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage
Avatar

matthew1234

55. Posted:

Anywhere there's a nintendo zone. I got 3 there.

3ds games: Super Mario 3d land and Mario Kart 7
3ds friend code: 3351 4614 3880
Tell me if you've added me so I can add you back.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Donjwolf

56. Posted:

Any place where tourists go or where kids go. For example, Eaton Center is a tourist attraction. I've always gotten at least 1 SP there. One time I got as many as 5 at once. Malls where kids often frequent is another good bet. Trains/buses might land you some hits as well.

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

57. Posted:

Well except for at Target the day after Christmas the best place I have found is at a buffet in my town called Golden Corral. I dont know why that is but I usually get 3 to 5 hits every time I go there. I guess some people have to have a quick Mario Kart race between mouthfuls.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cyb3Rnite

58. Posted:

Scrafty wrote:

If you live in Philadelphia: Nowhere
If you live anywhere else: Gaming events.

Still nobody to be found in the Philippines.
Come on primitive country! Get 3DSes already!

Dreaming, forever longing, that someday Nintendo would make a MOBA-type game.

Currently playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Mass Effect 3
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Whopper744

59. Posted:

if you ever drive through West Virginia, you will probably get nothing. Maybe me. :p
I take this thing everywhere and get almost no one...except I did talk my wife and two of my friends to get one.
I don't think there is anyone else around here that owns one.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LuigiTheGreenFire

60. Posted:

Well, there's probably only a couple hundred, maybe more than a thousand, 3DS' in my entire county. So, I say Gamestop and Best Buy.

Nintendo fan for life!

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732