Forums

Topic: What 3DS Games for 2015 do we know of so far??

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Bolt_Strike

CM30 wrote:

We're obviously getting something like those ideas, even if it doesn't use the name 'Z' or 'X2/Y2'. It'd be ludicrous to assume they're not going to make a third game/sequel/prequel/something to pad out the release schedule.

Well yeah, we know that we have to have something else, there's still a few loose ends in XY that need to be accounted for. But as far as what or when, it's pretty much anyone's guess.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

This is like the Wii/Wii U all over again. Nintendo made virtually no games in 2011, 2012 and the first half of 2013. So if there's virtually no 3DS games in 2014 and 2015, then the next handheld may come out 2016.

Again, this is an assumption, don't take my word for it.

There's probably going to be another burst of 3DS games in 2015/2016 to promote New 3DS.

Also, the next few years are going to be pretty questionable for Pokemon, Game Freak has confirmed that they're neither doing a third version nor a sequel for Kalos.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-wh...

Our interview also touched on the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes for 3DS. Asked why Game Freak went down that route instead of creating, say, a "Pokemon Z" to follow 2013's X/Y, Masuda said the developer is always looking to surprise players

"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."

So we're not getting Z and we're not getting XY2. But that does beg the question, what are they doing with Kalos? There's still a few loose ends in Kalos because Zygarde has two unreleased moves corresponding to new forms. So it's possible we might get something on this next year, but there's nothing definite.

Maybe DLC? I doubt they would ever make the Pokemon themselves DLC but new areas, gym leaders and some additional stuff to Battle Maison, character costumes etc aswell as dealing with the loose ends.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Bolt_Strike

arronishere wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

This is like the Wii/Wii U all over again. Nintendo made virtually no games in 2011, 2012 and the first half of 2013. So if there's virtually no 3DS games in 2014 and 2015, then the next handheld may come out 2016.

Again, this is an assumption, don't take my word for it.

There's probably going to be another burst of 3DS games in 2015/2016 to promote New 3DS.

Also, the next few years are going to be pretty questionable for Pokemon, Game Freak has confirmed that they're neither doing a third version nor a sequel for Kalos.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-director-explains-wh...

Our interview also touched on the upcoming Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes for 3DS. Asked why Game Freak went down that route instead of creating, say, a "Pokemon Z" to follow 2013's X/Y, Masuda said the developer is always looking to surprise players

"There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example," he said. "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways."

So we're not getting Z and we're not getting XY2. But that does beg the question, what are they doing with Kalos? There's still a few loose ends in Kalos because Zygarde has two unreleased moves corresponding to new forms. So it's possible we might get something on this next year, but there's nothing definite.

Maybe DLC? I doubt they would ever make the Pokemon themselves DLC but new areas, gym leaders and some additional stuff to Battle Maison, character costumes etc aswell as dealing with the loose ends.

That's one theory, but Game Freak doesn't have a high opinion of DLC and patching, so I doubt it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

faint

The7thFlare wrote:

So aside from Xenoblade Chronicles, Monster Hunter 4 & Project S.T.E.A.M what other games might be on the horizon for 3DS??

Maybe Final Fantasy Explorers or Bravely Second?? but probably itll be for 2016 but What else??

fossil fighter frontier (ninty ip) was confirmed during e3 for 2015

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

iKhan

I'm hoping Hideo Baba is paying attention and we get a new Tales game for 3DS.

At the very least I expect a localization of Tales of the World Reve Unita

@Bolt_Strike Masuda never said they aren't doing Z or X2/Y2, he was saying they went for the RSE remakes this year instead. That means nothing for the future. And Gamefreak may say they are against DLC, but they have been doing free Event-Locked On-Disc DLC since RBY with event Pokemon. Gamefreak is just against not ripping of their fans.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Masuda never said they aren't doing Z or X2/Y2, he was saying they went for the RSE remakes this year instead.That means nothing for the future.

Read it again. He specifically said that he's trying to tie XY together in a unique way. It's clear as day, they're not doing Z or XY2.

Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Masuda never said they aren't doing Z or X2/Y2, he was saying they went for the RSE remakes this year instead.That means nothing for the future.

Read it again. He specifically said that he's trying to tie XY together in a unique way. It's clear as day, they're not doing Z or XY2.

I did. It sounds like it's in direct reference to the decision to release OR/AS this year. He's not talking about future plans, just how they got to where they are now.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.