Forums

Topic: Weird System Update as of 5/14/12

Posts 21 to 30 of 30

LzWinky

Keep in mind not all updates are going to have visible changes

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Knuckles wrote:

@LztheBlehBird I titled it this because I hadn't even heard of the update before it was live.

If it doesn't make any visible changes, it's probably for security purposes

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

mamp

All this update does is it lets you update the 3DS without parental controls which is why I was thinking that isn't Nintendo family friendly? Didn't they put FC so kids can't just talk to anyone online, yet somehow it's ok for these kids to accept terms and conditions that they most likely didn't even bother to read or couldn't understand? Wouldn't something like this bug parents especially since they put parental controls in the first place so they can keep an eye on what their kids do with internet access.

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

LzWinky

mamp wrote:

All this update does is it lets you update the 3DS without parental controls which is why I was thinking that isn't Nintendo family friendly? Didn't they put FC so kids can't just talk to anyone online, yet somehow it's ok for these kids to accept terms and conditions that they most likely didn't even bother to read or couldn't understand? Wouldn't something like this bug parents especially since they put parental controls in the first place so they can keep an eye on what their kids do with internet access.

Considering there's nothing really wrong with system updates, I think it's safe to say that this update is okay. I mean, what's the worst that can happen in a situation involving updates.

mamp

LztheBlehBird wrote:

mamp wrote:

Considering there's nothing really wrong with system updates, I think it's safe to say that this update is okay. I mean, what's the worst that can happen in a situation involving updates.

after you said that it made me think about a certain South Park episode, made me LOL so hard.

Eel

It simply makes updating faster for people who use parental settings.

To be honest, why would you need to hide basic software updates from your kids?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

mamp

I dont think parents would mind the updates, I think they would most likely mind that their kids are agreeing to contracts that parents might not have known about, some parents can be bothered by the most simplest of things.

LordJumpMad

I never heard of an update not save for kids.
Shame on you nintendo, you should have known better to let Riggie post notes on Swapnote, I already have enough scaring pics on there D:

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

BulbasaurusRex

Besides, who actually reads those licence agreement documents, anyway?

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912 | My Nintendo: Katara | Nintendo Network ID: TaurusBulbasaur

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.